AFA "In stock" acrylic cases question

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for AFA to ship their "in stock" cases by the "project completion date"? They obviously aren't "in stock" if it takes AFA two weeks or more to get them packed up and shipped. I know they are back-logged on grading, but I highly doubt their graders are also assembling the cases and/or packing them for shipping. Any idea why they are so darn slow these days?

Reaction score
I just had the opposite experience. I ordered a few TMNT cases that said it would take 2 weeks and they shipped 1 day after I ordered. I'm not complaining but very inconsistent.

Reaction score
Funny. I was just going to order a few cases last night. I laid my eyes on the waiting period of 2 weeks and was turned off immediately. I can't believe the prices. The shipping is outrageous. The shipping was 48.00 and acrylic was 52.00 for 1. I don't mind the acrylic, but the shipping is a killer. Even though I complain of the price I will still order it ,when I do I will make sure I call them and speed up the process.

Reaction score
Funny. I was just going to order a few cases last night. I laid my eyes on the waiting period of 2 weeks and was turned off immediately. I can't believe the prices. The shipping is outrageous. The shipping was 48.00 and acrylic was 52.00 for 1. I don't mind the acrylic, but the shipping is a killer. Even though I complain of the price I will still order it ,when I do I will make sure I call them and speed up the process.

The shipping prices are outrageous. I ordered 5 SW cases and 5 TMNT cases and from GA > NY was $66.00. I'm a platinum member so I get a decent discount on the cases but hen you add the price of shipping it's ridiculous and they only offer UPS on cases. If they used Priority Mail they could cut shipping fees in half, still profit from the shipping and probably sell more cases as it would be more cost effective to buy more.

Reaction score
I've waited for their sales which seem to cancel out the price for shipping. Cases came fast but I don't remember how long the wait was supposed to be.

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for AFA to ship their "in stock" cases by the "project completion date"? They obviously aren't "in stock" if it takes AFA two weeks or more to get them packed up and shipped. I know they are back-logged on grading, but I highly doubt their graders are also assembling the cases and/or packing them for shipping. Any idea why they are so darn slow these days?

Which cases did you order?

The shipping prices are outrageous. I ordered 5 SW cases and 5 TMNT cases and from GA > NY was $66.00. I'm a platinum member so I get a decent discount on the cases but hen you add the price of shipping it's ridiculous and they only offer UPS on cases. If they used Priority Mail they could cut shipping fees in half, still profit from the shipping and probably sell more cases as it would be more cost effective to buy more.

We're certainly working on getting the shipping costs down and overhauling the website.

Reaction score
My cases finally came, minus the Tie Fighter one (which was back ordered and looks like it is shipping soon). The cases are very high quality and worth the wait.

Reaction score
There are always alternatives :whistling:

And they hold stock, ship pretty much next day and only charge shipping at cost

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are always alternatives :whistling:

And they hold stock, ship pretty much next day and only charge shipping at cost

Yes there is lol Not to derail this thread related to AFA cases, as I am a customer and enjoy AFA products, grading etc but Iain sells some great cases as well, they work well with TVC figures and vintage figures, as an example. I have been doing a small testing of my MOCs that are awaiting to be sent in and what I do is rotate on display every so often my figures as I wait.... but long story short, I did get some of Iain's cases, been trying them out and they are very nice as well, if you are looking for another source, give him a try. They display veryyyy nicely

Reaction score
I suppose to get this thread underailed I'll say that our cases are the best quality around and are all made by hand right here. If you ever have any concerns or questions or need something custom made you can call me directly.

Reaction score
I suppose to get this thread underailed I'll say that our cases are the best quality around and are all made by hand right here. If you ever have any concerns or questions or need something custom made you can call me directly.
I can attest to this. Lately I've had a lot of custom cases done by CGA, and not only are they fantastic, but I've gotten great personal service.