AFA back up

Reaction score
Sent some loose figures in August. Asked for a follow up today and was told they were in Queue. They are that backed up?

Reaction score
I know that the CIB is on hiatus right now, so if your submission needs CIB authentication then it will be backed up. For normal submissions they shouldn't be far behind. If you've received your invoice then it should have the estimated completion date on in.

Reaction score
Yes. I contacted them last week about my loose items sent in July. They said they should be done in the next week or so. About a 6 month wait on loose submissions but much shorter for moc.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
They are changing the cases but don't know what they look like yet because haven't received my items yet

From ones appearing on eBay, it looks like they have gone back to cases with the label on top facing forwards. I am personally not keen on this type of casing so I hope they are still willing to case in the old style.

Perhaps AFAdudeperson can shed some light on the matter?

Reaction score
I was wondering about a hold up as well. I sent in 3 GI Joe figures about 2 months ago, and was told by the guy who helped me send them in (he sent in a bunch along with my 3) that AFA said there was a 4-6 month backlog as of Jan 5 2016

Reaction score
From ones appearing on eBay, it looks like they have gone back to cases with the label on top facing forwards. I am personally not keen on this type of casing so I hope they are still willing to case in the old style.

Perhaps AFAdudeperson can shed some light on the matter?

We still do both label styles on the loose figures. That is up the customer.

Reaction score
Thought I would share my most recent experience... From start to finish, extremely pleasant!

I submitted 5 MOCs under the express tier in early January. Projected completion date was February 2nd and my graded items were shipped February 4th.

The communication was fantastic, I worked with Marci and her responses were always very detailed and prompt. Excellent - Thank you

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wanted to bump this thread and share my most recent experience.. I submitted 6 additional MOCs a little while ago. Customer service was on-point and answered my questions within 24 hours, which is greatly appreciated.

They finished all of my submissions early! Very pleased, excellent service again. Thank you

Reaction score
Wanted to bump this thread and share my most recent experience.. I submitted 6 additional MOCs a little while ago. Customer service was on-point and answered my questions within 24 hours, which is greatly appreciated. They finished all of my submissions early! Very pleased, excellent service again. Thank you

That's great to hear. Just sent in a few more submissions this week. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
The back up is for loose type figures and mailers. MOCs have pretty quick turn around times.

I sent a bunch of things in the fall, most things came back right away. My mailers are still there...Although I finally got a message that they are almost ready and should be sent back to me in a few days.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Loose figures should be "Fire and Forget" at this point. You'll get them back "one day". LOL

Reaction score
Surprisingly loose Star Wars figures are not that bad. It's the non Star Wars loose figures that are taking forever. I sent some Super Powers figures and they can't even give me an ETA.