AFA 70 Early Bird Certificate

Reaction score
Hey, any Ideawhat price I should set?
I see on ebay one AFA 80 from billygalaxy for 12950,- then a AFA 75 from DC Vintage for 7999,- so 6500 for mine? I really dont know

Reaction score
Are you talking the mail away figure certificate?

or the whole stand and figure set?

Reaction score
I don't see a certificate up for sale on Ebay. Too be honest unless a display stand is sealed you rarely see them. If you do it's just the tear off proof of purchase slip.

I have seen unopened stands go for many thousands and I would imagine the mail in certificate is worth more than a loose stand by far.

Reaction score
Your talking the whole display stand envelope.
The certificate is the mailer to receive the figures.
Man I checked Ebay on past sales and I don't see sealed ones posted.
Nice item!!!

Reaction score
So I use the Star Wars Tracker APP on my phone and it gives a good average on the price of most vintage Star Wars items. However it does not list the Early bird set, action display stand or the Action figure arena display stand.

An unopened Display stand with today's demand I would imagine somewhere in the 5K price? 12K seems way too high; if it was the figure set I would say 12K would be about right for mailer set unopened.

However I hope some more avid Market Watch folks will correct me inaccurate assessment!

Great item to own! GW acrylic has a case you can display it in!

http://www.gwacrylic.com

Reaction score
I have been watching this early bird market very closely for the last year.

Afa graded are hard to judge because they all have buy it now prices, and to be honest, I rarely see them sell. What sells the most are the opened loose sets or parts of the set. These go from 100 anywhere to 1000, depending on condition, complete unpunched. Or just flat out , MINT! The average loose will be the stand with envelope and they sell 200, 250. All day. Unpunched stand with cards attached bid past 700 almost always regardless of the envelopes condition.

If you went with an auction, I would imagine you would go past 2000, but I don't know because these are always buy it nows. I haven't seen any for auctions that are graded and sealed up.

Reaction score
I have been watching this early bird market very closely for the last year.

Afa graded are hard to judge because they all have buy it now prices, and to be honest, I rarely see them sell. What sells the most are the opened loose sets or parts of the set. These go from 100 anywhere to 1000, depending on condition, complete unpunched. Or just flat out , MINT! The average loose will be the stand with envelope and they sell 200, 250. All day. Unpunched stand with cards attached bid past 700 almost always regardless of the envelopes condition.

If you went with an auction, I would imagine you would go past 2000, but I don't know because these are always buy it nows. I haven't seen any for auctions that are graded and sealed up.
Ok sa new one was just put out on ebay, the DC one I think.
A lot of good info from you there, I could try 2000+ as I gave 2000 for it some years ago.

Reaction score
sealed EB certificates are very harshly graded. I've owned a few and the colors often are faded or rubbed and corners are usually damaged. It's very hard to grade high on a EB envelope. For something like a 70 I'd have to see why it's a 70 to factor in the price. But I would guess in the $4000-5000 range for a non-ebay private sale but again where in that range depends on why it's a 70. Remember for the prices you listed from ebay sellers, ebay takes a percentage and those are buy it now prices which are probably higher than the price they'd accept especially off ebay.

Reaction score
I don't see a certificate up for sale on Ebay. Too be honest unless a display stand is sealed you rarely see them. If you do it's just the tear off proof of purchase slip.

I have seen unopened stands go for many thousands and I would imagine the mail in certificate is worth more than a loose stand by far.
I have one in my collection. I paid 200 for it back in the mid 2000’s. It’s sealed though the flap is torn.

5A949C85-13EC-4E8B-B1F1-C9416B8760D1.jpeg415EBD0A-39FB-4BCE-9D23-777DC8E039DF.jpeg415EBD0A-39FB-4BCE-9D23-777DC8E039DF.jpeg

Reaction score
I have one in my collection. I paid 200 for it back in the mid 2000’s. It’s sealed though the flap is torn.
That's sealed? The flap is really hard to open it looks like at a minimum someone tried to. If the flap is stuck closed I'm not sure it's sealed perhaps it was opened and then closed quickly enough that there was still enough of a stick to make it appear unopened? Anyway the poster you were replying to was talking about the paper certficate you mailed back that was inside the evelope. Those are very hard to find loose. Almost every one you see is a fake reproduction. However a bunch turned up for sale to the public in 2015/2016 during the "Uncle Ron" find. I own one.