Admiral Ackbar

Reaction score
Big fan of the articulated jaw.
Why can't we get a waist that turns?
Would it kill them to give us that?!

Reaction score
I agree about the waist. POTF2 even had articulated waists.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Bumping this thread because I've been noticing this TFA Admiral Ackbar is going up in price on the secondary market (still haven't seen this @ retail). Dig the articulated jaw - which I wasn't aware of prior to reading the above post.

Reaction score
Good lord.

Now people are whining about the lack of articulated waist lines for an action figure toy. The world is gonna end bombad.

Reaction score
You know, if you want a Mon Calamari action figure toy with articulated waist lines you can go make one yourself. Give it articulated webbed feet too if youre into webbed feet having flipper action

Reaction score
You know, if you want a Mon Calamari action figure toy with articulated waist lines you can go make one yourself. Give it articulated webbed feet too if youre into webbed feet having flipper action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNT

Reaction score
Guys please stick to the topic thanks, there's no need to throw this thread off course.

Reaction score
Guys please stick to the topic thanks, there's no need to throw this thread off course.
There's also no need to come in here throwing insults at people for discussing waist articulation. "Patrickdurfee" reaps what he sows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Any way you cut it, this TFA AA is an amazing figure - in spite of the limited 5 POA.

Reaction score
Finally found this figure... At Publix of all places! On sale for $6.00. Got the last one. They had two Fifth Brother figures as well, but I foolishly did not buy.

Reaction score
Never came across this guy :( if anyone's got one for sale, hit me up!

Reaction score
Never came across this guy :( if anyone's got one for sale, hit me up!
Check your local publix if you have one. You may be surprised. Got mine for $6.00 after waiting months without ever seeing one in the wild. It was unreal. But patience pays off. I never pay scalpers.

JVM

Reaction score
Never saw him in the wild, but bought him online. If I had extra cash, I have a weird urge to see this repainted into a classic Ackbar... it wouldn't be screen-accurate but it sounds like a fun project.

Reaction score
Found him this evening at a stop and shop grocery store. the last place i would expect to find decent figures. usually SW figures are marked up a few bucks above retail at place like this. Tried to scan him at self checkout no price came up. Lady came over and tried 3x, nothing. She typed in a price of $2.00, not bad. He's an awesome figure despite his 5POA handicap.

Reaction score
Found him this evening at a stop and shop grocery store. the last place i would expect to find decent figures. usually SW figures are marked up a few bucks above retail at place like this. Tried to scan him at self checkout no price came up. Lady came over and tried 3x, nothing. She typed in a price of $2.00, not bad. He's an awesome figure despite his 5POA handicap.
Great score - congrats. I will probably never find this figure "in the wild", but it's nice to here others are - even the year after it was initially released.

This grocery store find reminds me when I found four extremely HTF POTF2 figures in Fall '98 @ a local grocery store - Lobot, Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty, Orrimaarko (Prune Face), and Mon Mothma. I never saw these anywhere else.

GNT

Reaction score
His pegwarming here at The reject shop. I hope he pops in TLJ so he can move when it gets released :p

Reaction score
Well, I never saw him until today at a Bi-Mart store. So I broke down and bought him. Still ot sure If I want to keep him, impulse buy from being starved for product. And Ackbar I know. So if anyone still needs him I might be able to part with him, trade him straight up for that new General Leia.

Reaction score
Well, I never saw him until today at a Bi-Mart store. So I broke down and bought him. Still ot sure If I want to keep him, impulse buy from being starved for product. And Ackbar I know. So if anyone still needs him I might be able to part with him, trade him straight up for that new General Leia.
And he's 6POA! :D

Reaction score
Just picked up one of these from a 99 Cent Only store... for $1.99. They had several of the 5th Brother, Tasu Leech, Kylo, Phasma and one each of Luke and Ackbar.

Reaction score
Just picked up one of these from a 99 Cent Only store... for $1.99. They had several of the 5th Brother, Tasu Leech, Kylo, Phasma and one each of Luke and Ackbar.
I could use one for a custom - what was the actual name of the store?

Reaction score
But you paid $1.99. What gives? :confused:
The first time I ever saw a 99 cent store, was in a mall in Maryland. I laughed hysterically as every 10-30 seconds someone walked up to the counter & asked what the price for this item was. They literally heard the cashier tell the person in front of them the same thing as they pointed to a HUGE sign that said YES everything in the store is 99 cents.

Reaction score
But you paid $1.99. What gives? :confused:
I don't know what the deal is, I guess it's like Dollar General or Family Dollar if you have those chains in your area. Most of the stuff at those stores is over $1 too. I actually went to the 99 Cents Only store looking for Lego Dimensions sets. They really were $.99 when they got some in last year, but the latest shipments stores have been getting have been upped to $1.99.

Reaction score
Finally got this TFA Ackbar figure from Amazon. It was more than I wanted to pay (about $12), but I never saw this @ retail, so decided to get this before it got too high in price.

As it stands, this is definitely a nice, well-sculpted figure. Despite the 5 POA, it has good detail - and I like the updated outfit. Since Ackbar was one of the few aliens seen in ROTJ that was also in TFA (along with NN), I like the continuity this character represents as a kind of "bridge" from the OT to the ST.