Admiral Ackbar

Reaction score
According to a reddit user on /r/StarWarsCollecting, a case of this assortment has hit Target in the North Houston, TX area.
He opened a case that had this, Tasu Leech, and Fifth Brother Inquisitor in it. Being in Dallas, I'm going to have to be on high alert now.

Reaction score
Yeah, so when hunting and using brickseek, 086-06-3947 could be wave 2, the Han case, or the new Ackbar/Tasu case.
I thought about ordering Tasu on eBay until today when I heard they hit Texas.

Reaction score
Ackbar is great. nice details and the "It's a Trap" mouth feature is actually kinda cool in a way. Tasu is tiny... I have pics of him standing next to Han and Resistance Rey. the 5th Brother is a nice pick-up as well. The BAW piece is a little weird... it's a backpack (almost Alien like) weapon. similar to the BAW from the Han, Rey Hassk wave. just received these 3 last night from a friend of mine and I'm beyond happy with them.

Reaction score
He's a pretty good looking figure. I can't believe Hasbro is going to get me to have more than one Ackbar in my collection....this movie is ruining my minimalist ideals.

Reaction score
He's a pretty good looking figure. I can't believe Hasbro is going to get me to have more than one Ackbar in my collection....this movie is ruining my minimalist ideals.
more than 1 Ackbar lol... I think I have 4 of him currently. Vintage Kenner, Kenner POTF, Hasbro Vintage, TFA.... I might have extras of the Kenner POTF (did a custom paint for a Mon Cal Officer), and I might have a few of the Vintage 80's Kenner one as well (for custom X-wing pilot and crew members)

Reaction score
Okay, yes I do have the vintage one as well. But I don't really count my vintage figures when counting the number of figures I have. They are their own thing. They don't really come out of their figure cases that much.

So as far as Ackbar goes. I currently have one. The POTF2 version. Which I still think is a solid figure. Once they switched over to the green cards the figures started getting better. Yes there are still some buff figures in there, but they turned in some really solid figures that have yet to be topped or even attempted again. EV-9D9 and 8D8 for example.

Reaction score
I'm in South Houston near Pearland, so I'll have to keep an eye out since I'm really digging the 5th Brother Inquisitor. I've been wondering when him and 7th Sister would be popping up.

Reaction score
Yeah, so when hunting and using brickseek, 086-06-3947 could be wave 2, the Han case, or the new Ackbar/Tasu case.
I thought about ordering Tasu on eBay until today when I heard they hit Texas.
Is the correct DPCI is 087-06-3947? 086-06-3947 doesn't seem to be a valid DPCI, 087-06-3947 comes up as "Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Space Mission Resistance Trooper"

Reaction score
Is the correct DPCI is 087-06-3947? 086-06-3947 doesn't seem to be a valid DPCI, 087-06-3947 comes up as "Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Figure Space Mission Resistance Trooper"
Yes! You are correct. Sorry, that was a typo on my end. It is 087, not 086.

Reaction score
Found the wave at Walmart in Marion, IN yesterday. Really great sculpt on this

Reaction score
Just got Ackbar. Sure, the hinged mouth is silly, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun the last few minutes making him "say" various things.

Reaction score
UGH! Everyone is finding this figure and Tasu and I'm coming up with nothing!
Friggin' Texas.... Haha

Coworker of mine ordered the Unkar wave just for the Rex figure, so I'm taking the other 2 off his hands. That only leaves this wave and the Unmasked Kylo wave.

Reaction score
Just got Ackbar. Sure, the hinged mouth is silly, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have fun the last few minutes making him "say" various things.
The mouth doesn't look half as ridiculous as the first few 'leaked' pics of him did. It's actually pretty cool.

Reaction score
My main priority is always head/face paint app... anything else usually can be fixed pretty easily.

From most pics I've seen, the the shirt-to-pelvis area is messed up on him a lot.

Reaction score
Since Admiral Ackbar is in episode 8 & leading an army in the clone wars series, that makes him one of the oldest characters?[h=1][/h]

Reaction score
I want to point out that most crusteateons (sp) don't ever die of old age. So, the joke to me is that neither do the Mon Calamari.

yeah, unless there's odd EU out there, in the movies at least, Maz is the oldest having had that castle "for a millennia" which would be older than Yoda. Chewbacca is like 200ish?

Reaction score
She probably had to work some odd jobs for a few centuries to build up her credit before she could afford the mortgage on the castle as well. ;) So yeah my money is on Maz.

Reaction score
It said $5.99 for standard shipping for me. Which brings the total to about $20.88 after the discount, I believe. I've had a rule of thumb not to pay more than $10 per figure (though I broke it when I paid $17 for Phasma *kicks self*).

Reaction score
Wouldn't Maz be the oldest character we've encountered so far?
Could be. But we never really knew how old a lot of the characters are/were. Have we ever learned how old Palpatine was? My thoughts were always that he seemed much older than we thought he was, or how he was presented.
Surely, if his Master learnt the power to cheat death. There is some power that allows you to slow your aging.

IMO, I think Maz was introduced to bridge teh gaps of the whole saga. Now that Yoda is dead.

Reaction score
Did anyone think when Han said Maz had been running that place for a thousand years, he was being figurative, not literal? You know how people say, that guy has worked there forever, things like that? I didn't assume Maz is literally a thousand years old and she's been running a bar in a castle for her whole life.

Reaction score
Did anyone think when Han said Maz had been running that place for a thousand years, he was being figurative, not literal? You know how people say, that guy has worked there forever, things like that? I didn't assume Maz is literally a thousand years old and she's been running a bar in a castle for her whole life.
She stated she had witnessed the Sith, so that would make her a thousand years old. But no-one said she'd been a bartender for all that time.

Reaction score
Vader and Palpatine were Sith, so you'd only need to be over 40 or something to say you'd witnessed the Sith. Doesn't matter to me anyway, just pointing out that I didn't think she's literally 1000 years old.

Reaction score
Vader and Palpatine were Sith, so you'd only need to be over 40 or something to say you'd witnessed the Sith. Doesn't matter to me anyway, just pointing out that I didn't think she's literally 1000 years old.
She differentiated between the Sith and the Empire. And Ki-Adi Mundi had pointed out that the Sith had been extinct for a millenium. Add to that the secrecy maintained in Palpatine's approach, it's still unclear how widely known the Sith's involvement was in the fall of the Jedi, especially as propaganda had branded them traitors. Add in Solo saying she's a thousand years old?

She's probably around a thousand years old.

Reaction score
In stock at HTS, as of this morning!

SPRING16 code did not work, however...