Admiral Ackbar

Reaction score
Hear, hear! Seriously, the same guys that come in here to drop their snarky anti-5POA comments, need to move on already. We get it, you don't like them. Sheesh!

Reaction score
I don't mind the 5 POA stuff but I have to admit when I saw the photo of the new Akbar. Man, he looks awful. The scalpers can have him.

Reaction score
Wait. They're going to articulate his face but not his elbows or knees?!? Is there nothing you people won't buy?
Unless you actually play with your figures more points of articulation doesnt make a figure better, in fact i think they can lose their charm with it, and it makes the figure look less realist than more realistic to look at.
Articulation is very overrated imo.
cheers

Reaction score
Unless you actually play with your figures more points of articulation doesnt make a figure better, in fact i think they can lose their charm with it, and it makes the figure look less realist than more realistic to look at.
cheers
I'd say it depends on the figure, but yeah these days my figures usually just stand around.

I'd argue that characters like Rey deserve a bit more articulation than others but there is something nice about a casual relaxed stance with clean lines.

Reaction score
It would be nice if they could find a happy medium with articulation but not going overboard into the realm of $13 a pop for diaper crotch and cankles. That said, I'll take less articulation for the better sculpt and aforementioned clean lines.

On topic, as odd as it is seeing the top of Ackbar's head flip back for the opening mouth (I keep picturing Canadians from South Park), it is fun and made me laugh to see it; and has actually pushed this figure into my 'buy' list.

Reaction score
"Relax guy, we'll destroy their base. In the meantime, try some Ackbar cereal! Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude."

Reaction score
cheers
yeah, totally agree.
even with the articulated figures i do own and display, i usually find one pose to put them in and thats it.
...plus, too many joints and cuts on a figure disrupts the flow of the sculpt and tends to be an eyesore.

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been saying the same damn thing. Super articulation does ruin the look appearance of a figure most of the time.

I still think swivel articulation was just fine. Look at the Saga Collection. Most figures looked just fine such as the death star gunner and .other figures. Even the Saga Collection Carkoon sarlaac battle/post carbonate Han figure was perfect.

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been saying the same damn thing. Super articulation does ruin the look appearance of a figure most of the time.

I still think swivel articulation was just fine. Look at the Saga Collection. Most figures looked just fine such as the death star gunner and .other figures. Even the Saga Collection Carkoon sarlaac battle/post carbonate Han figure was perfect.
Well, I think that's pretty much crazy talk there. Figures should be able to replicate real life poses from the movies. 5POA can stand at attention pretty well, but that's about it really. (So if you want to pad out your Emperor's Visit or Medal Ceremony diorama with 5POA, that works!) Other than that...

Reaction score
Well, I think that's pretty much crazy talk there. Figures should be able to replicate real life poses from the movies. 5POA can stand at attention pretty well, but that's about it really. (So if you want to pad out your Emperor's Visit or Medal Ceremony diorama with 5POA, that works!) Other than that...
I'm pretty sure you just made the case that a TFA Ackbar with 5POA works just fine...:whistling:

Reaction score
People keep bringing up a happy medium with the articulation, and I completely agree. I really don't need ball joints if it means the sculpt is crap. A few elbow swivels for some characters would be nice, like General Veers from the Saga Collection. That figure was perfect, but far from super articulated.

Reaction score
02 saga bespin Luke. Check out my Luke Bespin custom. I gave him two left arms so they were both at a 45 instead of one being at a 90 degree bend.

Id swap Finn's arms for swivel arms like that if I could.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you just made the case that a TFA Ackbar with 5POA works just fine...:whistling:
He would need at least swivels to stand with his hands behind his back like he does in the movie. ROTJ Ackbar needs to be able to sit in his chair.

Reaction score
It would be nice if they could find a happy medium with articulation but not going overboard into the realm of $13 a pop for diaper crotch and cankles. That said, I'll take less articulation for the better sculpt and aforementioned clean lines.
I'll agree with that. It seems that the biggest complaint about SA, is Hasbro's inept to utilize it in the best fashion. There is no need for BH hips, at all. One POA cost saved. Also, no real need for BH torso joints wither. Swivel waist are just fine with me. Another high cost saved. BH wrists never seem to work either, or at least 60% of the time they don't. They're just too inconsistent too. Overboard when it isn't needed, then not enough when it is.

On one side I can see these two lines working side by side. but then I can see them competing against each other. We already saw how SL being a $1 cheaper, outsold teh higher basic line back on 2010-12. because they always had the same character in both lines at the exact same time. :\
IDK what the answer is. But I do know the SA line days are numbers if they can't even be found.

Reaction score
Just elbows and knees is usually enough for me. Figures like Jedi and Stormtroopers need BH hips though to get them into movie stances. (And any figure expected to ride something).

I never thought the wrists were necessary, and the ankles were *mostly* unnecessary (especially when they would fail to match the joint color with the shoe color!)

Any Admiral Ackbar needs to be able to match his stance in Robot Chicken.

JVM

Reaction score
The photo with the armor on looks awful but I think it's a bad angle -- he looks fine in both images in the original post. Excited for this one.

Reaction score
That's my fear for the Rogue One line.
If they do, it'll make it easier for me to skip. I'm planning on skipping it anyway...but I think I said the same thing about TFA line and here I am.

As of right now, I'm only committing to getting a Donnie Yen figure. Even if he does have a stupid action feature.

Reaction score
I think the days of the AOTC / ROTS action features are gone. I think Hasbro will continue on the 5POA versions of toys for years to come. I can't see them reverting back again. 5POA seems to be the new staple for Hasbro since Iron Man 3.

Reaction score
I'm fine with 5POA, but if they start throwing action features in these figures again, I'm out. Ackbar's opening mouth feature is fine, just as long as you don't squeeze his legs together to make him "talk".

Reaction score
"Now see here, unlike you people, I play with the SOPHISTICATED children's toys!"

**sniffs, turns, swishes cape, exits room with nose in the air**

toy aisle. I swished my cape and left the toy aisle.

Reaction score
Let's see, what did ackbar do in the movie. Stand around and talk if memory serves me correctly. What can this figure do...Stand around and "talk." Yeah perfectly acceptable articulation for the character. I'll reserve paying $13 for figures that had more dynamic functions in the movie. Like Rey for instance. I do not need elbows and knees on my ackbar.
Good thing Rey doesn't have mouth articulation.

Reaction score
Doesn't hating everything get boring?
Doesn't loving everything?

I don't hate everything. I love lots. I love Star Wars. I'll stop hating the prequels when they no longer exist. If Disney wants to do that and then make sequels, I'll give them a chance.

Reaction score
"Waaah, allow me to voice my concerns to a group of people that don't care and have heard the same thing over and over despite the fact that it's not going to change the fact that a toy company is no longer producing the same useless plastic I want it to, and instead of taking this opportunity to do something positive in the community, I'm going to complain."

Reaction score
The Admiral is going to be a must have. Sorry if this was mentioned but what wave does he come in?

Reaction score
Waves are getting confusing as a lot of etailers seem to be calling a revision wave of 1 and 2 combined wave 3 which would make the Han wave of jungle/space wave 4. I disagree with that. I feel the han wave is wave 3.

Either way, ackbar is from the space assortment wave after the one Han comes in. So wave 4 or 5 depending on how you look at it.

You could even call it wave 3 of the space assortment. Very confusing times.

If the Han wave is hitting now, expect ackbar in at least another month.

Reaction score
When hasn't Hasbro made it more confusing than it has to be?! I swear they do it on purpose half the time...