Admiral Ackbar

Reaction score
Put me down in the love it category. I can't wait to get Mr. Lobster Rebel Boss.

Reaction score
No, you're not alone. Instead of articulation where is really counts (elbows, shoulders, wrists, i.e.) we get ridiculous jaw articulation.
To be fair, Ackbar does literally two things in TFA: (1) talk and (2) stand there. In that sense Hasbro has given the figure all the truly "meaningful" articulation it needs.

Reaction score
To be fair, Ackbar does literally two things in TFA: (1) talk and (2) stand there. In that sense Hasbro has given the figure all the truly "meaningful" articulation it needs.
I have more creativity than that. I don't buy/collect/display my action figures in the EXACT way the character is represented in its respective media.

Reaction score
Guess I'm the only one who thinks that open mouth bit looks absurd.
You are right - it does look absurd. But there is a strange charm to it especially considering THIS is the 6th POA that we get.

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if people ever look at their figures.

I'm sure there are more.
I can think of a few others that weren't basic carded releases or might be considered beasts or monsters rather than figures, but there's at least one more that springs to mind immediately from the 3.75" collection:

Reaction score
It would go a long way just to give these figures elbow articulation. If these figures are truly geared at kids, my kids want nothing to do with a figure (troopers especially) that can't hold their gun with 2 hands.

Reaction score
As figures go he looks fine. But I could have gone my whole life, not knowing that he opens up like a PEZ dispenser.

Reaction score
I actually like that feature. A little something extra that isn't going to kill anybody. If you don't like it just close his big yapper :)

Reaction score
I think I think it's fun. I doubt I'll display him that way but it's a fun little feature.

Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind that I'll get this if I see him. It looks silly, but it's something new and different. It's in no way a collector friendly figure, but I've fallen into Hasbro's trap of committing to the 6" line for TFA collecting. I'm interested to see how stiff the joint is; can it be posed with the mouth open, or will gravity pull it back shut?

Reaction score
These two are still amazing! I miss the days of these....
The difference between these figures and Ackbar is that the moveable lower jaw looks much more natural and aesthetically pleasing and is integrated nicely into the overall sculpt. Having the top of Ackbar's head flip up makes him look like a pez dispenser or happy meal toy and detracts from an otherwise relatively decent sculpt. But even the sculpt pales in comparison to Ephant and Hermi, which is just sad.

Reaction score
After seeing what the back of the head looks like, I'm no longer interested in picking this figure up.

Reaction score
Gimmicky but easy to ignore...and actually looks kinda fun. I just hope we don't get AOTC style action features. Those were annoying.

Reaction score
Ha! I think it's kinda fun. I thought something about the head seam looked odd. I just figured they sculpted the lower half to the body and the top half as a second piece. I never would've guessed he could flick his head back like a south park canadian.

Reaction score
Gimmicky but easy to ignore...and actually looks kinda fun. I just hope we don't get AOTC style action features. Those were annoying.
I hated that you couldn't find a Jango Fett without a magnetic breakaway head for the longest time. I swear, I think i have like 3 of those figures.

Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised looking back that they made magnetic removable heads on toys. Maybe because it was just the bucket they didn't worry about marketing it, but I bet it would cause a media circus if they tried that today and it's only been 14 years.

Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised looking back that they made magnetic removable heads on toys. Maybe because it was just the bucket they didn't worry about marketing it, but I bet it would cause a media circus if they tried that today and it's only been 14 years.
14 years since Attack of the Clones.

Holy **** we're old.

Reaction score
I hated that you couldn't find a Jango Fett without a magnetic breakaway head for the longest time. I swear, I think i have like 3 of those figures.
I never had that version. I had the sneak preview version with the awful stance, the pilot version with the quick draw action and the grappling hook threaded through his gauntlet. By the time magnetic head showed up I was burnt out on the figure.

Saga figures were weird. You want added articulation? Here, here's some ankle joints. Don't ask for knees or elbows, those are too obvious. You get ankles. Now quit complaining.

Reaction score
Yeah the only properly articulated figure was Padme because she happened to be running.

Reaction score
Yeah the only properly articulated figure was Padme because she happened to be running.
And that was the second release of that outfit. Remember the spring arm debacle?

I just remember getting Anakin secret ceremony and being thoroughly confused. He had ankle joints but no knee joints. Ball socket shoulders which was cool. Swivel elbows which are sometimes decent. On this figure they were pointless. His arms were pretty much straight and the cut was straight. It was like having wrist articulation halfway up the arm.

I wanted to fix that figure so bad but couldn't figure out how.

Reaction score
All of the AOTC figures I had all seemed like they were trying to be more than just action figures. Including all sorts of "added play value" like ropes, rockets, missiles, magnets, plastic flames, and accessories. The era where there was almost too much in a single figure's package. And they cost less than a single TFA 5POA figure. So weird.

Reaction score
All of the AOTC figures I had all seemed like they were trying to be more than just action figures. Including all sorts of "added play value" like ropes, rockets, missiles, magnets, plastic flames, and accessories. The era where there was almost too much in a single figure's package. And they cost less than a single TFA 5POA figure. So weird.
I'd say that's the majority of people's gripe with Hasbro.
Paying more for less.
AOTC went overboard with all the weird 'action features', but ROTS seemed to be a somewhat decent level of it for the most part.

Reaction score
ROTS had a pretty perfect toyline. Had a pretty perfect blend of appropriately articulated figures and figures with cool action features. Vehicles that actually appeared in the movie. The figures themselves were pretty sturdy and had nice paint jobs. Every character came with a stand with some cool scenery. Wide variety of characters and was well stocked from what I remember. My only gripe was a lot of those jedis had those stupid lightsabers with removeable blades. The part that attached the blade to the hilt always broke. I also still think Phantom Menace figures had way better paint jobs than what we're getting now. Attack of the Clones sucked cause everybody was squatting for some reason.

Reaction score
ROTS did have a good line. I agree. The problem for me was the saga line pretty much killed collecting for me. I skipped the OTC line (big mistake) and only picked up a few figures from the ROTS line. I just had no interest after buying all those awful saga figures.

Screaming mace windu. He was my breaking point.

Reaction score
Wait. They're going to articulate his face but not his elbows or knees?!? Is there nothing you people won't buy?

Reaction score
"Now see here, unlike you people, I play with the SOPHISTICATED children's toys!"

**sniffs, turns, swishes cape, exits room with nose in the air**

Reaction score
Let's see, what did ackbar do in the movie. Stand around and talk if memory serves me correctly. What can this figure do...Stand around and "talk." Yeah perfectly acceptable articulation for the character. I'll reserve paying $13 for figures that had more dynamic functions in the movie. Like Rey for instance. I do not need elbows and knees on my ackbar.