Admiral Ackbar

GNT

Reaction score

Anyone up for seeing an action figure of TFA Admiral Ackbar in his new digs?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Always need more Ackbar. Looks likely as the new wave cases state that a new Nien Nunb figure will be coming soon (per Dorkside Toys pre-order pages for Wave 4 3.75" figures).

Reaction score
Will get this figure for sure. But i will say that He looked a little bit different in TFA compared to the OT.

Reaction score
I'm all for an TFA Admiral "It's a Trap!" Ackbar, but is there any major differences in his uniform from Jedi to TFA? looks like a simple repaint of the Vintage version might work.

Reaction score
I'm all for an TFA Admiral "It's a Trap!" Ackbar, but is there any major differences in his uniform from Jedi to TFA? looks like a simple repaint of the Vintage version might work.
Repaint the POTF2 mold and sell it to us for a nice markup. Come Hasbro, you know we'd fall for it. ;)

Reaction score
If it's an all new sculpt, then I'm all for it. I don't want to see a rerelease of an existing figure. If Hasbro does that, then they might as well not even bother and people can buy an old Ackbar figure and paint his tunic brown.

Reaction score
I was joking. I seriously doubt they'll release the old mold. Hasbro seems very intent on a certain look from their 5poa figures.

Reaction score
I was joking. I seriously doubt they'll release the old mold. Hasbro seems very intent on a certain look from their 5poa figures.
Yep, I kind of guessed it was a joke. I do agree that the current 5POA format has its own distinctive look compared to POTF2, which had its own visual style. Looking back, I'm not a fan of the POTF2 look at all. Even after they got rid of the overly buff bodies, I'm still not a fan of that style. Today it feels too cartoonish. The current 5POA style is probably my favorite of the modern line. It feels like the true modern successor to the vintage Kenner line.

Reaction score
I would get a new Ackbar in a heartbeat. He has always been one of my favorite alien characters.

Reaction score
I love how retro the Resistance outfits are. I see the good Admiral there in front of that board and I can picture him going on tour with ABBA dressing like that.

Reaction score
I'm proposing a Ackbar caption contest once this guy is released.

Some acceptable examples:

Ackbar addressing comatose R2: Where's the map!
ackbar dressed as a director: That's a wrap!
Ackbar holding a smartphone: Get the App!
Ackbar dressed as a doctor: It's the clap!

Reaction score
Yep, I kind of guessed it was a joke. I do agree that the current 5POA format has its own distinctive look compared to POTF2, which had its own visual style. Looking back, I'm not a fan of the POTF2 look at all. Even after they got rid of the overly buff bodies, I'm still not a fan of that style. Today it feels too cartoonish. The current 5POA style is probably my favorite of the modern line. It feels like the true modern successor to the vintage Kenner line.
I get what you're saying about the look of the POTF2 line but I really like it still.

This line does feel like a good sucessor the the vintage line but some of those potf2 figures have yet to be topped imo.

Potf2 emperor still holds up today.

Reaction score
I get what you're saying about the look of the POTF2 line but I really like it still.

This line does feel like a good sucessor the the vintage line but some of those potf2 figures have yet to be topped imo.

Potf2 emperor still holds up today.
I don't think there has been a better Emporer figure than that release, all the others have had one issue or another, I would love to see them take a pass at it in the modern 5 POA.

Reaction score
at least the repack trios are likely keeping their original BAW pieces based on how the new cases are packed so skip[ping luke would be easier to do, if one collects the BAW pieces as well. And I suppose Luke ep5 did sell well. My guess the trio w/ kanan and ezra may not get rereleased as quickly unless they replace those 2 w/ maybe the riot trooper and HA trooper from amazon set...just a thought

Reaction score
Really impressed with that figure. Hope that detailing on the neck and face is good on all of them.

Reaction score
Definitely a must-buy for me. This looks phenomenal!

Reaction score
It feels weird saying this, but I really like the color of him. Very.. salmon-y. Nice paint app..

Reaction score
Interesting to see Ackbar is still listed as an Admiral. I thought it would be different. It is after all a new organization he's in.

Reaction score
Ackbar looks fantasic and is a must buy. I even like the extra waistline he has going there in his older age. Guess him and C-3PO have been hanging out at the same restaurants.

Reaction score
This may be the first 5POA TFA figure I buy. Ackbar looks good. Damn good. Even though I thought the puppet/mask in the film didn't look as good as the ROTJ version, I think this figure is giving the TVC Ackbar a run for its money, head sculpt-wise.

Reaction score
On first glance it looks like the mouth might be articulated to open?
Was glad to see Ackbar back but not a fan of the feudal like jerkins the Resistance wore. Bit GOTish.

JVM

Reaction score
Ackbar is easily a must-buy and a great idea of what we can get at 5POA.

GNT

Reaction score
Mighty fine, Ackbar looks really really nice.