Admiral Ackbar - ROTJ (40th Anniversary) - Rumored

Reaction score
Oh Hasbro, your figure choices really can suck sometimes. Maybe its just my area but we don't get many pegwarmers - this was one though.

Better come with a stick this time.

If they can fix his tunic I might be tempted and use the original as custom fodder.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Yeah, honestly I wouldn't really consider any of that first wave of figures in Phase IV packaging to be peg-warmers. They pretty much all sold through around here. Ackbar stuck around a bit longer than the others, but not by much.

That also happened to be the last time I bought a full case of figures at B&M retail before switching almost exclusively to online.

Reaction score
Taskbar pegwarmed hard at my local Gamestops. It seemed like they got solid cases of him and he's just not an army builder or anything.

The retro card will no doubt help them sell, though.

Reaction score
I love Ackbar (who couldn't after his Robot Chicken appearance) but I would've passed if I hadn't found him on the cheap.

That "tunic" (and the sleeves) just look off.

Reaction score
Admiral Ackbar - (ROTJ 40th Anniversary).

Convention Exclusive.

Available at the UK/EU MCM Comic Con Stand S800 from October 28th to October 30th, and for all markets from November 2nd. MSRP is £29.99 (no U.S. pricing as of now).

Press Release

Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi with this Admiral Ackbar The Black Series action figure featuring 1980s-inspired design (i.e. retro Kenner-inspired). The 6-inch-scale Black Series figure is detailed to look like the Admiral Ackbar character from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation.
ADMIRAL ACKBAR: A veteran commander, Ackbar led the defence of his homeworld, Mon Cala, and then masterminded the rebel attack on the second Death Star at the Battle of Endor. He became a Grand Admiral in the New Republic, winning many victories.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Carded-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not bad but still lacks some detail which I suppose could be included in the final product.

As as example, are they going to include the gold strip on the pants? Also why is there no colour on the rank insignia?

Reaction score
It's not bad but still lacks some detail which I suppose could be included in the final product.

As as example, are they going to include the gold strip on the pants? Also why is there no colour on the rank insignia?
As stated above this release is based on the original Kenner deco. The stripes on the pants are there though, which you can see in the last image.

Reaction score
No insignia on the Kenner model (but still seems a silly decision not to paint it - maybe it would make it a deluxe?). But yeah, if you're going Kenner colours, its needs the stripe.

But...STICK!

Edit: Oh yeah, the stripes are there.

That tunic though...just sculpt it guys.

Reaction score
They included the stick. Oh man, that just puts it over the edge. A definite must have for me....not.

Glad this is the exclusive cause I can do without.

Reaction score
So he’s got his baton back. Nice. Is this the same head sculpt? I’m still hoping we get some calamari officers from Home One.

Reaction score
I'm happy with the standard release of Ackbar! This appeals to vintage nostaglia and fancy packaging collectors, so it's not for me. Need to cut corners wherever possible.

Reaction score
Admiral Ackbar - (ROTJ 40th Anniversary).

Convention Exclusive.

Available at the UK/EU MCM Comic Con Stand S800 from October 28th to October 30th, and for all markets from November 2nd. MSRP is £29.99 (no U.S. pricing as of now).

Press Release

Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi with this Admiral Ackbar The Black Series action figure featuring 1980s-inspired design (i.e. retro Kenner-inspired). The 6-inch-scale Black Series figure is detailed to look like the Admiral Ackbar character from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation.
ADMIRAL ACKBAR: A veteran commander, Ackbar led the defence of his homeworld, Mon Cala, and then masterminded the rebel attack on the second Death Star at the Battle of Endor. He became a Grand Admiral in the New Republic, winning many victories.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Carded-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Admiral-Ackbar-Retro-Loose-1.jpg
I like that sixth photo. Looks like someone took him by surprise.

Reaction score
To each their own but I just don’t see the appeal of these retro paint-free figures. Yeah the vintage cards are cool but the figures look so cheap. It just seems like Hasbro casing in on retro nostalgia and putting out the crappiest product they can get away with. If I was interested at all I think I’d buy actual vintage stuff or the retro figures.

Reaction score
To each their own but I just don’t see the appeal of these retro paint-free figures. Yeah the vintage cards are cool but the figures look so cheap. It just seems like Hasbro casing in on retro nostalgia and putting out the crappiest product they can get away with. If I was interested at all I think I’d buy actual vintage stuff or the retro figures.

Give them a couple of decades ...
:cool:

Reaction score
I'll bet that would sell.... :)
Especially if they also sell It’s a Wrap! and It’s a Snap! (some kind of ginger snap granola bar), designed as a full in-and-out lunchtime experience for busy professionals who have to concentrate all time and brainpower on their job, the super soul-destroyer!

OK, back to work.

GNT

Reaction score
Nice to see his baton included, not sure if I like the foil looking card back. :(