Adi Gallia

KAI

Reaction score
I say it needs beter articulation. Cool removalble robe. Be better if she had ball jointed arms. Best part is that I got her for 5$ a week ago at a fle market mint in oackage!

8/10

G

Re: Adi Gallia Review

This should be in the review forum

[ 04-14-2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Obi-Wan JF47 ]

Reaction score

Eerrrr... Not much of a review there, but glad you got Adi, I think that she's still one of the best Jedi figures ever, and to me, the best E1 figure. You're right, she would be nice figure to be redone, much like Ki-adi Mundi was, however, I would prefer a little more than just one added joint. Hmmm... Maybe as a pack in with a jedi starfighter hyperspace ring?

Reaction score

Not to gloat but I have a few and it is a great figure.A little light on the articulation but those are the breaks.I found her to be irreplaceable in the customizing arena as she lends herself to so many interpretations.Again she was a well done figure that could only have been assisted with a soft goods cloak.

Reaction score

I gave her the robe from the Target arena accesory pack. Its smallish and dark and fits perfect.

Reaction score

the TPM accesoiry pack robe isn't bad either I heard...

Reaction score
adi gallia ep1 figure-anyone notice?

my figure is packed with a sith red lightsaber-are all of them this way or is it a variation? thanks

Reaction score
Re: adi gallia ep1 figure-anyone notice?

there all like this

before episode 2 non of the jedis really had lightsabres so they were left to hasbro to take a guess at

Reaction score

in my opinion though i think its one of the best saber hilts

Reaction score

Just so you know, Adi's lightsaber is more of a maroon then a Sith Blood Red (compare it to Vader's or Palp's sabers). At the time it was thought that it would be okay to give the Jedi different colors until Lucas came out and said blue, green and red for sith. Blue is for the unifying force according to the EU, Green for the Living Force and Red for the Sith. Mace is he sole exception who has a purple lightsaber.
Orginially in Ep. I I believe that Siasee Tinn had a purple blade that was later explained in a comic that Mace and Siasee had exchanged sabers as part of an act of unity (someone can correct me on why they exchanged, I would have to go look through my boxes that are still not unpacked), but exchanged them they did.
Another error in the Saga Wave with Ep. II was Barris Offee who is given a green lightsaber when we know she had a blue lightsaber.

Reaction score

The_Black_Dog said:
Orginially in Ep. I I believe that Siasee Tinn had a purple blade that was later explained in a comic that Mace and Siasee had exchanged sabers as part of an act of unity (someone can correct me on why they exchanged, I would have to go look through my boxes that are still not unpacked), but exchanged them they did.
Actually, it was Mace and Eeth Koth who exchanged sabers. This explanation was offered as to why Mace was pictured with two different lightsaber hilts in marketing shots for TPM.

Reaction score

that would explaine mace's blue saber in the figure pkg then-isn't it amazing george lucas has an answer for everything!

Reaction score

Sorry guys, but I thought Ki-Adi and Mace exchanged sabers??? Well they did in my collection, b/c if you look at the Ki-Adi figures from Episode I, he comes with a purple saber. Mace comes with a blue saber. Adi comes with a maroon saber. I changed out Ki-Adi & Mace.

I used the Adi figure for one of my picture stories

Reaction score

The lightsaber switch explained in the comics had nothing to do with the color of the blades. In promotional pics for TPM, Samuel L. Jackson was shown with two different lightsabers ... neither one being the saber he has in both AOTC and ROTS.

Reaction score
Adi Gallia - Red Lightsaber

Hi guys, This Morning I recieved a Episode 1 Adi Gallia, and she is Packed with a Red Lightsaber. Was this common?? Because I see in the Photo Achives she has a purple/blue one. Was just wondering if this is a varient that hasnt been picked up. Cheers!

Reaction score
Re: Adi Gallia - Red Lightsaber

All Adi Gallia's from the Episode I line came packed with the red lightsaber. This was before George made it official that only Sith would use red and Jedi would use green or blue. Where in the Photo Archives did you see Adi Gallia packed with a purple/blue lightsaber? The only other version of Adi, OTC Jedi Council III Screen Scene, didn't come with a lightsaber.

Reaction score

I've only ever seen Adi with a red saber. I do wonder what information Hasbro went off when they produced the EP1 figures. I know none of the Jedi council ever ignited their lightsabers in TPM so they had no film footage to go off, but surely they must have spoken to Lucasfilm about the lightsaber colours. They just seem random - Mace Windu blue, Ki-Adi Mundi purple and Adi Gallia red.

GNT

Reaction score

Perhaps she used it in the comics or a game prior to the figure being made? I do remember it being packaged that way because Adi used her lightsaber with the blade going down. Not sure but Hasbro from time to time can create parts etc so it wouldnt surprise me if it was made on their part. All it needs to be done is get approved.

Reaction score

Never saw her with anything other than red (more of a crimson, actually). And she was supposed to fight with the blade down as has been mentioned--would like to see that on film.

Reaction score

The red saber is why I buy her when I see her at flea markets.

Reaction score

I THINK due to the time involved in creating the figures, that Hasbro's responsible for Adi's red blade and Ki-Adi's purple one, which Dark Horse could've easily adopted. I don't remember exactly when Jedi Power Battles came out, probably in late '99, but I think that's where her blade-down saber fighting style originated (also where Plo Koon got a yellow/orange blade, later incorporated into his POTJ figure & comic appearances).

Regardless, post-AOTC all the multi-hued blades are retconned into blues & greens. Ki-Adi, Plo, and Adi Gallia all wield blue sabers, officially.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
I THINK due to the time involved in creating the figures, that Hasbro's responsible for Adi's red blade and Ki-Adi's purple one, which Dark Horse could've easily adopted. I don't remember exactly when Jedi Power Battles came out, probably in late '99, but I think that's where her blade-down saber fighting style originated (also where Plo Koon got a yellow/orange blade, later incorporated into his POTJ figure & comic appearances).

Regardless, post-AOTC all the multi-hued blades are retconned into blues & greens. Ki-Adi, Plo, and Adi Gallia all wield blue sabers, officially.
Yeah, and it's too bad. The Jedi had more individuality with different color blades. I think that those colors were part of the story, but maybe somehow they all got different ones by the time of the Clone Wars? It's possible....you never know....

Reaction score

Plo Koon from PotJ had a yellowish/greenish lightsaber, definitely a lot more yellow than any RotJ Luke or Qui-Gon saber

Reaction score

Rushie said:
Plo Koon from PotJ had a yellowish/greenish lightsaber, definitely a lot more yellow than any RotJ Luke or Qui-Gon saber
Yep. POTJ Plo Koon's saber was yellow. This was based off the comics, where he had a yellow saber.

Reaction score

There was a game for Episode I where you could take on the roles or at least fight alongside Adi Gallia, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Mace Windu and those were their sabre colors if I'm remmebering correctly: red, purple, and blue. Am I right? I seem to remember seeing ads for the game when it was released.

I like that the Episode 1 figures and then POTJ figures all had uique lightsabler colors. It DID add to their individuality in my mind, but it also gave them a true mystique of being the best of the best of all Jedi: they're on the Council, they are the most talented or special or fearsome of the Jedi order, so they deserve to pick their own crystal colors so their lightsabers will reflect all that the Force has allowed them to achieve.

Mace Windu having the one unique sabre in amongst nothing but a blue and green blades just got boring fast IMO.

Reaction score

chewietattoo said:
There was a game for Episode I where you could take on the roles or at least fight alongside Adi Gallia, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Mace Windu and those were their sabre colors if I'm remmebering correctly: red, purple, and blue. Am I right? I seem to remember seeing ads for the game when it was released.
The game was called Jedi Power Battles ... and you're right about the saber colors for Mace and Adi ... but Ki-Adi wasn't on the game. The other available Jedi were Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Plo Koon (who had a yellow blade).

Reaction score

The idea of a Jedi with a red blade is just lame..I remember in some Toy magazine maybe it was toyfare they showed Gonn Jinn with orange light saber blade. Dont know if that was some proto-type or what,but it would be nice to have some orange blades in the mix..I liked Ki Andi's purple blade for TPM release.

Reaction score

Vorax said:
The idea of a Jedi with a red blade is just lame..I remember in some Toy magazine maybe it was toyfare they showed Gonn Jinn with orange light saber blade. Dont know if that was some proto-type or what,but it would be nice to have some orange blades in the mix..I liked Ki Andi's purple blade for TPM release.
It's CRIMSON not red.

Reaction score

Crimson is RED...yet Hasbro often packaged pink colored Sith blades..or maybe you'll correct me on that one too,but calling it fuschia?!

Reaction score

To me, this lightsabre isn't really "red" - to me, it's what I know in my language as "Purpur". It's the colour of king's and queen's robes. I don't know the English word for that. Even the word "crimson" seems to be a bit different, as far as I perceive that word.

Okay, you can say in a way that this is a special hue of red, but to me, it's a different colour. It still is kind of red, but no red that is "normal"m because "Purpur" is ONLY used for royal clothes.

As I saw her lightsabre for the first time, I perceived the colour as Pupur, and my direct thought was : "Wow, this is the weapon of a queen !" Because of that particular colour, which is imho only used to express royality.

Reaction score
Adi Gallia Action Figure........ from the year 19,978

Yes, that's right folks. I just got my flux capacitor fixed on my time traveling Delorean and I visited the future. I went ahead 18000 years and guess what? Good news is Hasbro is still making Star Wars figures... bad news it looks like they are reusing ancient molds. I brought this Adi Gallia back as proof.

This is an Epic screw up... which i absolutely love.
Adi Gallia (c)19978
(strangely, the actually (c) is not 1997 or 1998...but 1999)

This came out of a large batch of prototypes, and prototype parts. There were several Final Engineering Pilots in the lot... among them this beauty. I am just examining some of them.

Inside her Cloak, behind her head, there appears to be a backwards "2"
I NEED HELP, does anyone have a loose Adi Gallia to confirm if this backward "2" design is in the regular cape?

By the way does anyone know the copywriter date stamped on the Chancellor Velorum foot? I think I have another date variation on that ones Final Engineering Pilot.