Action Fleet sized ships, vehicles and mini-figures

Reaction score
I was thinking of discussing about lines that are similar to Action Fleet. What ships, vehicles and figures that fit the Action Fleet size, and maybe with alike features are out there?

Reaction score
I'll start with a few things, maybe members here can add others. Action Fleet is the line I still love a lot, and despite the fact that I moved to props and statues collecting now, I'm still looking for items that are similar in size and details.

The Micro Battle Set with Invisible Hand, Turbo Tank and Tantive 4 playsets is one of them, figures are a tad larger than AF and non-articulated, but the overall playsets are quite nice. I customized the Turbo Tank, with a repaint and modded interior (eliminating Kashyyk environment)

One of the other (non-SW) lines that are 99.99% AF is Xyber 9, even the figures seem to be articulated just like AF ones:

Xyber 9 set 01.jpg

WOTC also made a few ships and droids that fit quite well with AF:

WOTC 04.JPG

WOTC 06.jpg

WOTC 08.JPG

WOTC TIE Crawler 01.jpg

Matchbox has a cool series called Mission Bravo, see below an example. The figures are just a tad larger than AF, but still fit quite ok together.

Matchbox figures.JPG

Reaction score
Here's my twopenneth

spin_prod_861023612.jpg Jada Halo line - figures were similar size to AF mini figs

Ski Speeder.jpg The later releases from Disney

800px-SWTFtoy-VaderTIE.jpg The earlier Star Wars Transformers line had figures with them though this was dropped later on

Reaction score
Yes, very cool. I have the Halo Scorpion tank, which is pretty neat

Halo UNSC Scorpion tank 03.jpg

And the Halo Chopper

Halo helicopter 01.jpg

Transformers ARC-170

Transformers ARC-170 01.jpg

Transfomers Skytread, it has an AF TIE Pilot in the cockpit fits perfectly

Transfomers Skytread 2.JPG

A few other Transformers vehicles and robots from the line:

Transfomers set 01.JPG

A custom I made from the yellow-green Transformers vehicle above - I call it Shadow Speeder:

Transformers Shadow Speeder custom 03.jpg

Bandai TIE Striker

Bandai TIE Striker 10.jpg

Colonial Viper

BG Colonial Viper 01.jpg

Cylon Raider

BG Cylon Raider 02.jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
Blade Runner Spinner, wish it was just a tad larger, it might fit a MM figure but not AF

Blade Runner Spinner 04.jpg

Blade Runner Spinner 07.jpg

A few comparison shots:

comparison AF - KFC AT-ST.jpg

comparison AF - IS - ST.jpg

comparison AF - ID4 02.jpg

comparison AF - Xyber 9 02.jpg

comparison AF - Xyber 9 01.jpg

Reaction score
Doctor Who Micro Universe figures and vehicles:

I own both the Slitheen Cruiser and Space Pig pack, and also the Captain Jacks Chula Ship with Captain Jack Harkness set:

both are really cool vehicles and figures - pretty close to AF scale - especially the vehicles.

Would highly recommend!

(y)

Reaction score
Fantastic thread idea, and resource.
I think Galoob had a similarly scaled Aliens (and Predator) line that ran concurrently with Action Fleet too.

I thought I remember Disney Atlantis having a line of Vehicles and mini-figures comparatively scaled, although I'm now not finding evidence of it???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fantastic thread idea, and resource.
I think Galoob had a similarly scaled Aliens line that ran concurrently with Action Fleet too.

I thought I remember Disney Atlantis having a line of Vehicles and mini-figures comparatively scaled, although I'm now not finding evidence of it???
I didn't mention the Alien, Predator and Starship Troopers because I thought they are known among the members, but thanks for showing them. :)
Some of these are quite expensive these days. Even the Micromachines playsets and figures from these lines fit well with AF.

Reaction score
Wish we had a Mandalorian line and all upcoming Disney + series marketed in this scale.
I would love an Action Fleet scaled Razor Crest.
I would love anything Action Fleet scaled. Titaniums, Hotwheels and other small ships/vehicles lines don't do much for me, I prefer the AF size as it is smaller than 3" and still larger than above mentioned lines. And AF comes with all those creative features and details, plus the mini-figures. They can be played with and also displayed and look cool.

Reaction score
Wow, these are very cool indeed, thanks for sharing. How big are the figures?
roughly the same size, perhaps ever so slightly bigger, at a guess (currently, these sets are packed away in my garage, while we do renovations on our house, otherwise I would get them out to actually compare)

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those of you wanting a new AF scale line, what do you think the price would be on something like that today?

If HW and Titanium are/were around $5, what would be a realistic price today? $15?

Reaction score
$15-20, maybe a bit more for some pieces.
Then my next question is what do you think should be the focus of the line?

I know realistically that early waves would be heavy on the big names (MF, X-wing, TIE, Slave 1, etc). However I personally would skip anything that is a repeat. I have so many of each of these at different scales that it would take a great price, and some fun features to make me bite again.

I would love to see more capital ships, and non-film/tv vehicles while avoiding speeder bikes/animals as much as possible. Just my personal preference. As I said I know realistically it would be more of a "greatest hits" line than what I want.

Reaction score
I guess my most wanted would be Rogue One Action Fleet scale U-Wing with a better two seat cockpit , and proper troop transport hold in the back.
and the Cargo Ship the actual "Hero Ship" of the film, whose call sign was actually Rogue One, and "dies" with the rest of the crew.
Ie- with the main group as mini-figures.

It'd have to be a bit larger than the imperial Landing Craft....

Mostly just continue with all the ships would be the ideal, focus on any they hadn't done already.
Getting into more capital ships although at some scale point (Star Destroyer) it's better that become a playset.
Which was the other great focus of the line, the fold-opening playsets, which were essentially "garages" to display the ships which were the "characters" of the line.
They began with one for each movie, dream (although it will never happen) would be continuing the opening playsets:
(Although sadly we lost McQuarrie for new box art)

ANH
-Yavin Rebel base (done)
-Tatooine (with Mos Eisley Spaceport/ Docking bay/Cantina/ Jundland Wastes/Obi-Wan homestead/Moisture Farm
-Death Star I (with Different layout from DSII, Hanger for Falcon/Detention Center/Trash Compacter/Tractor beam tower/Extend the bridge scene)

ESB

-Hoth; Echo Base (done)
-Vader's Executor-class Star Dreadnought (Main Bridge/Platform for Bounty Hunters/Vader's meditation Chamber/ Emperors Veneration Hall/Imp Probe Droid Launch/Garage any Imp Vessels)
-Dagobah (Submerged and Raising X-Wing gimmick, Training Wilderness, Yoda's Hut, Vision-Tree-Cave
-Cloud City (Landing Platform/Carbon -freeze chamber& Dueling stairs/I am your father platform and shaft/underside antenna for hanging Luke/...etc.

ROTJ

-DSII (done)
-Jabba's Palace (Thrown Room/Over Rankor Pitt/Droid Rehab Chamber/Main Garage for Skiff/Dune Sea/Pit of Carkoon
-Endor (Main line of trees for Speeder-Bike chase & AT-ST traps/ Ewok a Village/ Vader Shuttle Landing & ATT connecting Platform/ Main Antaena/ & Shield Generator Bunker.

avoiding speeder bikes/animals as much as possible. Just my personal preference.
I loved the Action Fleet "Battle Packs" for the smaller vehicles, contraptions and beasts, that also came loaded with unique mini-figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I had no idea Disney had released anything in the scale/format?
Did they do anything else?

Re: after quick search, apparently...

Anyone have both the Action Fleet X-Wing and this Disney X-wing for a scale comparison shot?
These are fantastic, any others?
I can try to find the X-wing and TIE and get some pictures for you later. However, in my opinion, these seemed very cheap and very flimsy. I ended up sticking with the Revell lights and sounds kits.

Reaction score
A bit larger than the imperial Landing Craft....
LOL just looking for images of the Landing Craft to edit into the post above, I came across this image.
I've had the ship for years since it came out, yet it's packed away, and I haven't scrutinized it in so long, I don't even remember that bit opened up with room to put a figure in it! LOL!

Edit: unless that was modified?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Anyone have both the Action Fleet X-Wing and this Disney X-wing for a scale comparison shot?
There's also the Falcon from Solo: A Star Wars Story, with Han and Lando minifigs.

Reaction score

I know realistically that early waves would be heavy on the big names (MF, X-wing, TIE, Slave 1, etc). However I personally would skip anything that is a repeat. I have so many of each of these at different scales that it would take a great price, and some fun features to make me bite again.

I would love to see more capital ships, and non-film/tv vehicles while avoiding speeder bikes/animals as much as possible. Just my personal preference. As I said I know realistically it would be more of a "greatest hits" line than what I want.
Repeats might happen as they do in most lines that come up. But I wouldn't mind seeing ships and vehicles from Prequels, Sequels, CW, Rebels, and of course from non-Star Wars movies and series

Reaction score
LOL just looking for images of the Landing Craft to edit into the post above, I came across this image.
I've had the ship for years since it came out, yet it's packed away, and I haven't scrutinized it in so long, I don't even remember that bit opened up with room to put a figure in it! LOL!

It did have that door in the lateral. Mine does. seems the customizer added an AF AT-AT cannon in there too

The Ski Speeder is the best of the bunch. Kylo's fighter is too big for AF, but still ok. As for the X-Wing it is also quite big.

Reaction score
It's a shame that the Bradford Exchange didn't continue with their "Epic Moments" line of dioramas and only ever released "Go For The Legs"

go-for-the-legs.jpg

"Get Us Out of Here" would've featured the Falcon blasting out of Mos Eisley.

star-wars-epic-moments-masterpiece-collection-768x678.jpg

A nice line of collectibles, IMO and a decent size.

Reaction score
Doctor Who Micro Universe figures and vehicles:

I own both the Slitheen Cruiser and Space Pig pack, and also the Captain Jacks Chula Ship with Captain Jack Harkness set:

both are really cool vehicles and figures - pretty close to AF scale - especially the vehicles.

Would highly recommend!

(y)
Eaglemoss could make a lovely job of Dr Who ships

Reaction score
They also did a few when Force Awakens came out. I picked up Kylo's Shuttle, FO Tie and a pretty sweet Star Destroyer. They were all roughly AF size.
TFAs diecast vehicles are a good approx. AF sized line - one which I wish had continued on, beyond just the first ST movie.

Of these, I picked up x2 regular Imperial TIE Fighters (with the DSII backdrop above Endor), X1 FO TIE, and also X1 FO Special Forces TIE. All three of these versions are fantastic!

My absolute biggest gripe with the way multiple companies have treated lines of SW vehicles (diecast or otherwise) is that these lines have either changed or not carried on long enough to see the multitude of new vehicles produced.

I love me some TIEs (which are prolly my all-time fav SW starship design) however of late, they have done to death the standard version, across multiple mediums.

My list of die-casts wanted, or similar AF scaled line - would be the following:

Rogue One:

U-Wing
Imperial Cargo Shuttle (Rogue One)
The Profundity
TIE-Striker
Hammerhead Corvette

Solo

Millennium Falcon
TIE-Heavy (Brute)
Blue land speeder
Imperial cargo hauler
Imperial cargo train / Magna train?

TFAs

FO trooper carrier
Resistance shuttle

TLJ

Resistance Bomber
Raddus
Malevolence

TRoS

Resistance Trooper transport
Landos crawler vehicle (?)
Kylos next gen TIE-Silencer
[any of the multitude of starships seen in the fleet]
TIE-Dagger

The Mandalorian

Razor Crest

[any of the Imperial starships - Gozanti Cruiser, the Aquittens-Class Imperial cruiser, etc)

So many to choose from, and that’s just off the top of my head! ;)

Reaction score
There are a few Titaniums and Hotwheels that are close in size with AF, one that comes to mind now is the Swamp Speeder. Also the Snowspeeder from TFA is also quite ok as AF.

Reaction score
Smooney, I often joke with DD about EM doing a 500 ship subscription of SW ships. There are sooooooo many ships that'll never see the light of day
Ha! Financially, I’d prolly have to re-mortgage the house in order to afford an EM collection of SW starship vehicles! :p

If EM did as good a job with SW as they have done with Star Trek, then it would be a difficult decision not to collect them all!

TBH: I’d prolly cherry pick as many unproduced capital ships, that were as close to compatible with the SW Titaniums - and that would still be a massive collection of vehicles!

:D

Reaction score
TBH: I’d prolly cherry pick as many unproduced capital ships, that were as close to compatible with the SW Titaniums - and that would still be a massive collection of vehicles!
Yes! This is absolutely what I'd be doing, too. :) I know there hasn't been so much as a whisper of this happening and, to be honest, it is unliley, given how hard Disney drives their minimum guarantees, royalties and license fees, but it is free to dream. ;) It's probably the only way we would see some of the more obscure capital ships at a price and size I'd like.

Reaction score

Mine has that opening, but I don't recall there being a gun turret in the cargo space. (mine's currently stored away). That picture did remind me of that nifty raising center turret, though.

Reaction score
Mine has that opening, but I don't recall there being a gun turret in the cargo space. (mine's currently stored away). That picture did remind me of that nifty raising center turret, though.
Like I said above seems the customizer added an AF AT-AT cannon in there too

Reaction score
Repeats might happen as they do in most lines that come up. But I wouldn't mind seeing ships and vehicles from Prequels, Sequels, CW, Rebels, and of course from non-Star Wars movies and series
Sergiu:

If there Is one ship I would love to see, It would be a Collector fleet sized Nebulon B Medical frigate. It's not happening. :(

Reaction score
Sergiu:

If there Is one ship I would love to see, It would be a Collector fleet sized Nebulon B Medical frigate. It's not happening. :(
I would like to see any ship/fighter/vehicle that has not been made yet from Original Trilogy , Prequels, Sequels, Clone Wars, Rebels, and of course non-SW ships from other sci-fi movies/series. Capital ships as playsets (they would be awesome if also using real ship interiors instead of planet environments as we see on a few MM/AF playsets), and regular fighters and vehicles as single packs.