Action fleet Darth Vaders Tie fighter. There are now 6 different versions

G

Action fleet Darth Vaders Tie fighter. There are now 6 different versions

I was putting up the new Darth's Tie fighter (the repaint) and noticed I now had five completely different versions of Vaders ship in Action fleet scale.

1. The 1st "Original" version is very large. The whole scale is different than any of the others that have been released
2. The 2nd version that was released is considerately smaller than the first with no battle damage yet.(same as the first)
3. The 3rd version came with the Large Death star action fleet playset and has extensive Black battle damage (actual wing is melted down)near the upper part of the left wing.
4. The New version (in stores now) has a very small battle damaged wing that is painted silver (in the battle damaged area) and is only half as battle damaged as the one in the playset.
5. The flight simulator is another one.(This is the one with Vader's voice and sound effects)

There's always more Star Wars to collect.

[ 08-30-2002, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: DarthMickeyMoose ]

Reaction score
Re: Action fleet Darth Vaders Tie fighter. There are now 6 different versions

actually there's a fifth version, but it's just a re-paint.

when they changed the scale of vaders tie advanced from the large to the small, the 1st of thses small ones had no "weathering" or scorch markings", it was a very clean machine.

of all the vaders tie, the non-"weathered" small version is considered the toughest to come by, as it was produced in small numbers prior to the effect marking being added

G

Hey Good Shot Jansen, that makes 6 versions. I forgot about the flight Simulator one and just added it. Damn that's really unbelievable.

Reaction score

Don't forget the ZAAP! version too

I just found the smaller 2nd version TIE in a Canadian box(and silver logo) without the battle damage, so if anyone needs that one, you might try the Canadian boxes.

Reaction score

what is that Silver version? wasn't there a metallic JApanese version? is that it? where can I get one?

G

R2dee2, Hi, I've never seen that one. Wow were up to 7 versions now. Insane

Reaction score

doh! i completely forgot about the zaap.

7 different versions of the one ship that was supposed to be unique and flown only by lord vader

it could be worse ya know, they could have given us 7 different versions of the cloud car

Reaction score

Jedi_Dan, yes the silver one is the Japanese metallic ZAAP! version. These were sold through Galoob and are mostly found on ebay for high prices, I'm afraid