Acrylic cases - with or without the protectable bag

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to get your thoughts on what is better for the overall preservation of a carded figures in terms of acrylic storage.
Currently I have all of mine still in their plastic baggies, but this means that its absolutely air tight. The reason for this is so I don't scratch any of the cases. On the other hand I've read advice (somewhere) that allowing air to penetrate the case is better for its longevity (more so regarding the degradation of the bubble).

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

Brody

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wanted to get your thoughts on what is better for the overall preservation of a carded figures in terms of acrylic storage.
Currently I have all of mine still in their plastic baggies, but this means that its absolutely air tight. The reason for this is so I don't scratch any of the cases. On the other hand I've read advice (somewhere) that allowing air to penetrate the case is better for its longevity (more so regarding the degradation of the bubble).

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

Brody

Some folks say you dont want any air in there. Others say you do but not a lot. If you search these forums you get a lot of conflicting thoughts and ideas. I think its a good idea to use the polybag to protect the case when in storage so that you dont scratch it. However, if you are going to ever display these, I say take them out of the baggies.

My personal opinion- in time, most if not all these bubbles will eventually yellow in time. I think a few will make it without getting yellow. But as the decades go by, more and more will be yellow. I think that includes the 12 backs, 20 backs, 21s, the trilogos, etc.

So since I strongly believe that, while I have my collection, I am have them out of their polybag and display them, out in the open. Obviously I will not put them in direct sunlight, near windows that have no blinds and no Low-E and Argon gas. But I want to enjoy them for now.

So I guess at the end of the day, you need to do what you think works best for you.

Reaction score
Due to shortage of bags I have them stored in cardboard boxes and some have bags and some don't , the ones that have bags are not taped securely and are open at the ends and the ones that don't have bags are placed between the ones that do have bags to avoid scratching . I never place bag less cases against each other .

Reaction score
Due to shortage of bags I have them stored in cardboard boxes and some have bags and some don't , the ones that have bags are not taped securely and are open at the ends and the ones that don't have bags are placed between the ones that do have bags to avoid scratching . I never place bag less cases against each other .

I do the same thing alternate bag/ no bag to avoid scratching