ACME: Coming Soon!

Reaction score
CloneWarsVet said:
What kinds of new Acme products can we expect to see for the upcoming Clone Wars 3D movie/tv show?
Yeah ditto this question. Will we get animation cels from the new show/ movie? Do they even have cells for this type of animation ? I don't know... but I wanna.

Reaction score
Markimus said:
CloneWarsVet said:
What kinds of new Acme products can we expect to see for the upcoming Clone Wars 3D movie/tv show?
Yeah ditto this question. Will we get animation cels from the new show/ movie? Do they even have cells for this type of animation ? I don't know... but I wanna.
Rest assured, we will be releasing product for the new series. No, technically, there are not cels for CG animation, but we have a technique called "pix-cels" that we developed which allows us to produce cels for these kinds of productions (see the Acme site for the WALL*E pix-cel!).

More info to come!

-Morly

Reaction score
SSIntimidator said:
can a brother get a new sketch plate?!
A brother (or a sister for that matter) might just be getting a sketch plate quite soon...

-Morly

Reaction score
Morly said:
A brother (or a sister for that matter) might just be getting a sketch plate quite soon...

-Morly
Yes, please! Crossing fingers for C-3PO.

E...

Reaction score
efranks said:
Morly said:

-Morly
Yes, please! Crossing fingers for C-3PO.

E...
If it's sister though, it could be another fighter to go with the X-wing. Or maybe a blockade runner?

Reaction score
Curious if he means a 'concept' leia? Though I thought the whole sketch plate idea was to be for droids and vehicles.

ha, firefox doesn't recognize 'firefox' or 'droids', nice.

Reaction score
Well, my hopes are up with at least something being mentioned about sketch plates again. But I remember hearing something similar a while back too. Or am I just impatient?

Reaction score
I haven't read anything, but will there be any new IJ character keys coming out soon, or an announcement of a new one at SDCC?

Reaction score
Just saw some of the photos of the new Clone Wars Pix Cels (I guess). One of multi Yoda shots and one of Anakin and another. These look great ! When do they start selling so I can get my order in ! Will you sell any 1:1 type artwork like you did with the last animated show?

Reaction score
I love collecting the original line of ACME character keys (been on board since I bought Yoda at CBIII) and haven't looked back.

However does it feel to anyone else that things have slowed down for this line? ACME has been releasing some very cool high end stuff and expanding into other lines but it seems interest in this line is starting to fade.

The For Sale thread seems to have way more selelrs than buyers and looking on the bay seems to show the same thing.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
While I would agree that there seem to be more sellers than buyers for most keys, if you look at ebay you'll see that a lot of them have held their value, and are going for considerably more than original MSRP. Slave Leia, ARC Trooper, General Obi-Wan, Sidious, General Grievous, Yoda, and a few others still command well above the original $35 or so price tag. Sure, you can find a few selling in the $15 - $20 range, but every collectible line is going to have those pieces that don't do well.

As for slowing down, yeah, maybe they haven't been putting quite as many new ones out as they have in the past, but I for one am okay with that. They pushed these out so quickly that a lot of people got overwhelmed and dropped the line, and I think that is a part of why several of them aren't worth half the original price point.

If they continue with the new CW keys in a nicely paced manner, they should do well. And hold their value.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many Character Keys they have coming out. I've only been getting the OT ones. But I think one about every 3 months or even a little longer would be great.

The other prints coming out help me out since they gave me more time between OT ones.

Reaction score
jokabofe said:
While I would agree that there seem to be more sellers than buyers for most keys, if you look at ebay you'll see that a lot of them have held their value, and are going for considerably more than original MSRP. Slave Leia, ARC Trooper, General Obi-Wan, Sidious, General Grievous, Yoda, and a few others still command well above the original $35 or so price tag. Sure, you can find a few selling in the $15 - $20 range, but every collectible line is going to have those pieces that don't do well.

As for slowing down, yeah, maybe they haven't been putting quite as many new ones out as they have in the past, but I for one am okay with that. They pushed these out so quickly that a lot of people got overwhelmed and dropped the line, and I think that is a part of why several of them aren't worth half the original price point.

If they continue with the new CW keys in a nicely paced manner, they should do well. And hold their value.
Thank jokabofe, most of what you said hear is pretty accurate. Like any company, we are trying to find that mythical ideal release schedule, but, happily, I think we're about there with it now. Every couple of months seems about right (plus, as those of you who were at Comic-Con can attest to, we are still working on keys for our other fine art licenses!).

As always, thanks for the support!

-Morly

Reaction score
JangoSpeck said:
Any word on when the next Eric Tan Indy poster comes out: for Last Crusade?
Not yet. Eric was out of the country for a while, but I just wrote to him yesterday, so hopefully I will have some info soon!

-Morly

Reaction score
Hey Morly, I really like displaying my Character Keys with my Gentle Giant animated maquettes. Since we already have the Han Solo Character Key, is there any chance we'll see a CHEWBACCA Character Key to match anytime soon?

P.S., So happy that we now have a Darth Vader Character Key on the way to go with the maquette. I plan on displaying the Obi-Wan and Vader Character Keys with their maquettes in an homage to the duel in ANH.

Reaction score
We have no plans to stop out Animated Star Wars character keys and since Chewbacca is such a major player in the films, we'll definitely get to him eventually!

Glad to hear you're happy with the Vader, they ship out soon!

-Morly

indiana_fett said:
Hey Morly, I really like displaying my Character Keys with my Gentle Giant animated maquettes. Since we already have the Han Solo Character Key, is there any chance we'll see a CHEWBACCA Character Key to match anytime soon?

P.S., So happy that we now have a Darth Vader Character Key on the way to go with the maquette. I plan on displaying the Obi-Wan and Vader Character Keys with their maquettes in an homage to the duel in ANH.

Reaction score
So You guys did 2 Boba Fetts.......

When do I get Jango to go with them ( And some clone commandos...P L E A S E!!!!!!!
)?

Reaction score
Awesome, Thanks Morly! No worries on WHEN we get a Chewbacca Character Key. I'm just glad we'll more than likely be seeing him at some point down the road.

Morly said:
We have no plans to stop out Animated Star Wars character keys and since Chewbacca is such a major player in the films, we'll definitely get to him eventually!

Glad to hear you're happy with the Vader, they ship out soon!

-Morly

indiana_fett said:

Reaction score
Morly, when will we see the next Indiana Jones (Last Crusade) poster from Eric Tan? On his blog he states that things are on hold, so he hasn't completed it yet.

Reaction score
JangoSpeck said:
Morly, when will we see the next Indiana Jones (Last Crusade) poster from Eric Tan? On his blog he states that things are on hold, so he hasn't completed it yet.
Should see Eric on Friday and hope to get an answer then!

-Morly

Reaction score
Jedi_thor said:
When is the Obi-Wan Kenobi A New Hope Lightsaber revealed going to come out?
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about that one. Well, we know 2 new prints are suppose to be available in March. Maybe we'll get some info on the saber also. Morly when will you be showing us more of the 2 new prints?

[/QUOTE]

Also, anymore Gray Friday Specials coming up? You know Medusa in Germany is dying to pick up the ultimate weapon print.

Reaction score
xopolos said:
Jedi_thor said:
Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about that one. Well, we know 2 new prints are suppose to be available in March. Maybe we'll get some info on the saber also. Morly when will you be showing us more of the 2 new prints?

Also, anymore Gray Friday Specials coming up? You know Medusa in Germany is dying to pick up the ultimate weapon print.

[/QUOTE]

I almost forgot about those two! The Bespin one I am especially interested in seeing.

Reaction score
xopolos said:
Jedi_thor said:

[/QUOTE]

I think they are waiting to release it with the eFX lightsaber, but as eFX keeps pushing out the release of their saber, I guess acme will do the same?

Reaction score
We definitely want the Revealed to come out with eFX's piece if at all possible! The plan is to have it in time for San Diego Comic-Con.

-Morly

Reaction score
Morly said:
We definitely want the Revealed to come out with eFX's piece if at all possible! The plan is to have it in time for San Diego Comic-Con.

-Morly
Great! I hope this line continues...

Reaction score
xopolos said:
I guess the answer to my questions is no.
I do my best to answer everything, but I do miss them from time to time. Sorry about that. I'm sure we well offer some sort of deal again at some point. We have nothing scheduled as of now.

-Morly

Reaction score
Oh I wasn't really expecting there to be a sale Morly, I just wanted to know when we'll see the 2 new prints?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
xopolos said:
Oh I wasn't really expecting there to be a sale Morly, I just wanted to know when we'll see the 2 new prints?

Thanks in advance

[/QUOTE]

Look for these two new pieces to be up and available before the end of the week!

-Morly

Reaction score
xopolos said:
You fooled me Morly. They're already up...wow!
Yeah, I knew it was planned for today, but didn't want to mislead in case they got held up or something! They both look great in person...

-Morly

Reaction score
Morly said:
xopolos said:
Yeah, I knew it was planned for today, but didn't want to mislead in case they got held up or something! They both look great in person...

-Morly
Awesome pieces Morly.....

Reaction score
Morly said:
xopolos said:

-Morly
So which one do you like best? Or does it come down to being a Boba or Yoda fan?

OK, so for the paper editions, the image will be a litter smaller than listed to allow for the bordering, right?