ACME: Coming Soon!

Reaction score
that is a great piece. I wish i had all of the mcquarrie bookmarks from CIV - I only got one with boba in the group shot i think and I can't remember the other mark.

Reaction score
Aren't both of these images already available on SWS in customizable sizes and print material?

Reaction score
Randy_S said:
Aren't both of these images already available on SWS in customizable sizes and print material?
Hmm, yeah, it seems that they are, thanks for the info...you'd think we would be told about things like that, wouldn't you?

-Morly

Reaction score
Morly said:
Randy_S said:
Hmm, yeah, it seems that they are, thanks for the info...you'd think we would be told about things like that, wouldn't you?

-Morly
Yeah, but I'm sure there's a huge price difference between those print and what you will charge. Aren't yours going to be in the high $300's?

Reaction score
Turbowars said:
Morly said:
Randy_S said:

-Morly
Yeah, but I'm sure there's a huge price difference between those print and what you will charge. Aren't yours going to be in the high $300's?
Jesus! Really? Damn!

Reaction score
SirTristram said:
Turbowars said:
Morly said:
Randy_S said:

-Morly
Jesus! Really? Damn!
There are probably several other threads in here where I explain this, but, again, we do limited edition, numbered, fine art at Acme. We do giclee prints, not posters, each piece is hand-numbered and, in the case of canvas, each is hand-varnished and embellished. Our prices are right in line with the market, I promise!

-Morly

Reaction score
The Luke piece is truely amazing, but again it's going to be to expensive for my budget

Reaction score
Morly said:
SirTristram said:
Turbowars said:
Morly said:
Randy_S said:

-Morly
Jesus! Really? Damn!
There are probably several other threads in here where I explain this, but, again, we do limited edition, numbered, fine art at Acme. We do giclee prints, not posters, each piece is hand-numbered and, in the case of canvas, each is hand-varnished and embellished. Our prices are right in line with the market, I promise!

-Morly
Not saying your prices aren't, I have the Death Star, Chewy and ROTS battle pieces and I know what what they cost. It just would had been nice to have a few other options other that one for $300+. I'm thinking about selling the Chewy and ROTS pieces so I can get the 2 new ones. The Death Star is just too awesome to sell.

Reaction score
Turbowars said:
Nice prices
Sigh...I've explained the reasoning behind the pricing of limited edition prints many times in other threads, but, just in case anyone missed any of those, I can assure you we're right there pricewise with other companies doing the kind of work we do. It's understandable that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but we do our best to get the highest quality out there for the best price given the constraints we have.

Hope you guys like the art, all of the pieces look great!

-Morly

Reaction score
If ya want quality.. ya gotta pay for it.

I think they are nice. Out of my budget? Yes
Worth every penny - I would say yes.

Reaction score
TK333 said:
If ya want quality.. ya gotta pay for it.

I think they are nice. Out of my budget? Yes
Worth every penny - I would say yes.
QFT - Every single word.

Reaction score
I remember these great collectables by a company called ACME. I think they were called character key cells or something.

Does anyone remember them? All the cool kids collected them.

I wonder why they stopped making them?

Reaction score
Turbowars said:
Because they now want everyone to buy $900 prints.
Man, I know everyone warned me that it's impossible to please you guys, but I'll try yet again!

We still put out lots of character keys. Han Solo shipped recently, Indiana Jones ships in a week, Roron Corrob will go on sale soon, Short Round is selling now at the Indy Shop, there will be at least 2 new ones at SDCC, etc.

And, yes, we offer many different price points and would love to see all of our products sell. We have ALWAYS offered high and low price items as there are customers and collectors out there for all of it. High-end products do not exclude us from making lower-priced products!

-Morly

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
I remember these great collectables by a company called ACME. I think they were called character key cells or something.

Does anyone remember them? All the cool kids collected them.

I wonder why they stopped making them?
I for one am glad the keys have come to a crawl. There were far too many released last year and in my eyes that cheapens the line.

I'd rather see more of the sketch plates come out. What's the story on those Morly?

Reaction score
Morly said:
Turbowars said:
Man, I know everyone warned me that it's impossible to please you guys, but I'll try yet again!

We still put out lots of character keys. Han Solo shipped recently, Indiana Jones ships in a week, Roron Corrob will go on sale soon, Short Round is selling now at the Indy Shop, there will be at least 2 new ones at SDCC, etc.

And, yes, we offer many different price points and would love to see all of our products sell. We have ALWAYS offered high and low price items as there are customers and collectors out there for all of it. High-end products do not exclude us from making lower-priced products!

-Morly
Morly - take it as constructive criticism, not an attack on ACME

What was particularly disappointing for me was the fact that the images offered were great images I wanted to own, not some arbitrary images that I could take or leave. You mentioned ACME deals in fine art collectibles (giclees, numbered, etc.) but it would have been nice to have a lower priced alternative, that's what I think you should take from this.

After attending C4, I know there is a market for competitively priced (i.e. $50 or less) high quality images that are numbered (not sure if these were considered giclees or not). Both C4 and CE had exclusive McQuarrie prints that sold out and didn't break the bank, they were all on heavy textured stock and were hand numbered. I for one would love a series of McQuarrie prints that pricing would facilitate a "collect them all" mentality, as I did with the Celebration concept prints. But maybe that's just me!

I've ordered from ACME before and the quality of the product is impeccable and I'd prefer to order again.

Reaction score
How about Sketch Plates? I gotten the first two and hear there will be more but am really starting to wonder when.

Reaction score
With the new Indiana Jones movie and the new Clone Wars series and whatnot, the Sketchplates have gone dormant for a bit, but we do plan on putting more out! Not exactly sure when it will be, but I'd not be surprised to see us push for a SDCC release for the next one.

-Morly

Reaction score
BryanSimmons said:
Morly said:
Turbowars said:

-Morly
Morly - take it as constructive criticism, not an attack on ACME

What was particularly disappointing for me was the fact that the images offered were great images I wanted to own, not some arbitrary images that I could take or leave. You mentioned ACME deals in fine art collectibles (giclees, numbered, etc.) but it would have been nice to have a lower priced alternative, that's what I think you should take from this.

After attending C4, I know there is a market for competitively priced (i.e. $50 or less) high quality images that are numbered (not sure if these were considered giclees or not). Both C4 and CE had exclusive McQuarrie prints that sold out and didn't break the bank, they were all on heavy textured stock and were hand numbered. I for one would love a series of McQuarrie prints that pricing would facilitate a "collect them all" mentality, as I did with the Celebration concept prints. But maybe that's just me!

I've ordered from ACME before and the quality of the product is impeccable and I'd prefer to order again.
Thanks for the comments, Bryan. We definitely don't mind and actually appreciate constructive criticism like this. What you said will certainly be kept in mind for future releases!

-Morly

Reaction score
Thanks Morly. I thought you had said a while back - maybe two months or so - that a new plate was coming.

Again, my preference would be to see the keys go into hiding and push out another plate or two. At the very least we need a TIE and 3PO to compliment the ones out right now.

Reaction score
Yeah, I highly agree. I'd like to see both of them and a Slave I made. I am really hoping to get more then 2 a year of these, maybe 4.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Morly, quick question for you.

The "Temple of Akator" lithograph that's an exclusive on IndianaJonesShop.com says it's hand numbered with a COA. I just got mine last night and there are no numbers to be seen anywhere on the print or the COA. Any idea what happened there? I looked all over the place for a "##/500" and it's just not there.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, in addition to the no number problem, there is ripped paper stuck to the front of this print with glue. I've ordered three things from IndianaJonesShop.com now and two of the three I have received damaged.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Man, in addition to the no number problem, there is ripped paper stuck to the front of this print with glue. I've ordered three things from IndianaJonesShop.com now and two of the three I have received damaged.
It definitely should be numbered and not damaged, so you should let Shop know. Since it's their exclusive, they have all of them. I'm sure they will replace it for you.

-Morly

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Morly said:
JGordon24 said:
It definitely should be numbered and not damaged, so you should let Shop know. Since it's their exclusive, they have all of them. I'm sure they will replace it for you.

-Morly
Thanks for the clarification. I've already written them three times. I only heard back after the second time though.

Reaction score
Darth_Mahler said:
JediKnight87 said:
Will Acme have some SDCC exclusive stuff?
Surely so. I loved the Sandtrooper from last year. Any clues as to what we'll see this year, Morly?
Can't say much just yet, but, yeah, you guys will likely be happy!

-Morly

Reaction score
What kinds of new Acme products can we expect to see for the upcoming Clone Wars 3D movie/tv show?

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Thanks for the clarification. I've already written them three times. I only heard back after the second time though.
Starwarsshop.com (and presumably IndianaJonesShop.com) has TERRIBLE customer service. And they keep getting worse. Any store that doesn't have a phone you can call is terrible. Once I ended up going through the Lucasfilm switchboard to try to find any supervisor who worked in Starwarsshop. Of course I got their voicemail, but they did eventually get back to me. I wish I had written down their name... But with their new shipping prices, I think I won't buy from them anymore... Good luck getting your character key exchanged!