Absolutely HORRIBLE service from StarWarsShop.com

Reaction score
Sigh. I hate to burden everyone here with my troubles, but I just thought I needed to tell everyone about my HORRIBLE experiences with StarWarsShop.com.

Of course, as many people have already witnessed, they have taken NO CARE in packing their items. This was the first problem I have had with SWS.com. Luckily after a torrent of complaints, they seem to be trying harder, although it was too late for me and my severely damaged items.

Now for the past several days I have been reiving emails from StarWarsShop.com saying that they "Have not been able to validate my credit cards."

So I immeadiately became worried. I went to the site and checked all of my information, which was 100% correct and up to date, then I called my Bank, just to see if there was any suspicious activity on my cards.

And of course there wasnt any at all.

So I resubmit my order, and what do I get a few mintues later? Another email saying they "Could not validate my credit card."

Now I'm getting frustrated. So I go to SWS.com and RE-ENTER all of my billing information. Then I call my bank again and ask them if they are having any problems, etc.

The bank tells me everything is fine. In fact they point out that I have successfully used my credit cards several times in the past 24 hours. (Which I had) So the bank informs me that SWS.com must be having some sort of problem.

So, for the 3rd time I re-submit my order. And guess what?

THEY COULDNT VALIDATE MY CREDIT CARD!!!!

This website (StarWarsShop.com) is a JOKE. It's run by a bunch of clowns who obviously don't know how to operate a business. I will NEVER shop at StarWarsShop.com again.

EVER.

Take my advice and do the same. There are far better retail outlets on the web with FAR better prices.

Reaction score
If you want screwed up, try this: They posted that they got the GG Green Clone bust back in stock, a bunch of people order it( including ME ), then they notify us next day that the re-posting of it was a MISTAKE and they actually have NONE! If this sucky site was to SHUT DOWN tomorrow, I would raise up a cold one to it's demise! I hope that in the future, GG gives them NO MORE exclusives! Starwarsshop.com can kiss my big, white A##!!!

Reaction score
Re: Absolutely HORRIBLE service from StarWarsShop.

What really makes it hard is that I don't think they have a number to call. I'm sure if you were able to talk to a live person, you could have gotten it straightened out in five minutes.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
What really makes it hard is that I don't think they have a number to call. I'm sure if you were able to talk to a live person, you could have gotten it straightened out in five minutes.
If they did have a number to call, people would be tearing a new a$$ into SWS.com employees. I agree SWS.com has screwed up way to many times within the last 6 months. GG Clone Trooper Bust was just yet another unprofessional way to run a business. You mean to tell me you have people playing games like this that work for a company as big as that....It's a joke, I still haven't gotten my emailing for the cancellation of the bust but I'm waiting. Plus my credit card was charged. The one thing that pisses me of even more is that they offered a 10% discount on your next purchase.....OH YEAH!!!
Oh make sure you use it in the next 2 weeks though!!!!!! They could have just said on your next purchase, NO they put a time limit on it....UNREAL!!!!!!

Reaction score

I heard they had bad service especially with the silver sandtrooper. Which is probably why they are selling non-mint figs now. I heard they have gotten better and when I recieved my Emperor it was in bubble wrap and mint,. no problem here.

Reaction score

I heard they had bad service especially with the silver sandtrooper. Which is probably why they are selling non-mint figs now. I heard they have gotten better and when I recieved my Emperor it was in bubble wrap and mint,. no problem here. Only problem was with Fed EX HA hA

Reaction score

I suspect any on-line shop that doesn't have a phone number to contact them for account resolutions.

There's something to be said for ACTUAL HUMAN CONTACT!

Reaction score
Darth_Huntarr said:
If you want screwed up, try this: They posted that they got the GG Green Clone bust back in stock, a bunch of people order it( including ME ), then they notify us next day that the re-posting of it was a MISTAKE and they actually have NONE! If this sucky site was to SHUT DOWN tomorrow, I would raise up a cold one to it's demise! I hope that in the future, GG gives them NO MORE exclusives! Starwarsshop.com can kiss my big, white A##!!!
Well they told nearly everyone that it was a mistake, that they really didn't have ANY. Then, a week later some of the people that ordered them during the "glitch" actually received one.
How about being honest in your mistakes instead of making up lies.

Reaction score
Meaning the Website should just come clean on their mistakes instead of making excuses that don't fit.

If they didn't have ANY to sell like their excuse email stated, why did some of the people that ordered during the "glitch" receive one? They should just admit they screwed up and sold more than they had on hand.

Reaction score
I've had no problems with SWshop.com. My poster arrived safe and sound, and they did a great job packaging and protecting the Attakus Padme statue that I ordered. I did have tremendous problems trying get my Hyperspace renewal code. After multiple phone calls, they were finally able to fix the problem and get me the code before my membership ran out.

Reaction score
Well, I'm a bit frustrated by the fact that the Silver Stormtrooper thing. Their email notifying me that it was now available was actually sent after it was out of stock. I emailed them to ask if it really was and if they would actually send out this notices ahead of time instead of after the fact and all they did was tell me it was out of stock.

Reaction score
I have had only one expierence with them and it was rather good. I ordered the silver sandtrooper and it got lost due to fed ex. I e mailed them and they sent another no charge. No problem with the packaging.

Reaction score
It's good to know Im not the only one, I ordered the kotobukiya sandtrooper line from them, just received it a couple weeks ago, and they were just crammed in a box too small for them with no protection at all,corners crushed, top smashed, unreal so I send them back to get replacements and they sent me the exact same damaged items back!!! ofcoarse they offered to send me yet more replacements, I figured 2 weeks was already long enough to wait on getting the exact same item back so I passed. and their customer service people could care less, last time I ever spend money at sws.com

Reaction score
I ordered a Koto Sandtrooper too, but when it arrived, it was the wrong one. I emailed them and the next day they sent Fed-ex out to my home to pick the package back up and they sent me the correct one in only a few days (packed well and in great condition too). I've ordered from starwarsshop several times and that was my first problem.

Reaction score
No problems from Starwarsshop.com for me. I have had awesome service with over 60 orders since they started. It's a relatively new site guys that does A LOT of volume. Mistakes happen. Multiply that by the fact that some collectors are hard to please. In fact I think they handled the opening day incident extremely well(If anyone remembers that).

Now that I think about it, too much whining lately on most of the forums. Back to the prop forums for me. Less whining, more community!

Reaction score
sure mistakes happen, but twice on the same order? and because they are new and do alot of business I should be happy with poor service and damaged items? and I would hardly call this whining. Im glad to hear you've had good experiences with them, but not all of us have obviously

Reaction score
I've ordered from them a lot (and have many current pre-orders with them) and have never had these types of problems. Guess I'm lucky.

Reaction score
Here's a problem I'm having: I sign in under Hyperspace to add an exclusive to my cart, then add another item to my cart that's supposed to get the 10% discount. However, the discount doesn't appear. Anyone had a similar problem?

Reaction score
I have never had any issues with SWSHOP.com. Great servie just a super long wait on the shipping!

Reaction score

Captain_Needa said:
I have never had any issues with SWSHOP.com. Great servie just a super long wait on the shipping!
Shipping is absurd.

Reaction score

I only had one problem with shopsw. It was when I ordered 2 DVD's, found them for 1/2 as much, and by the time they finally shipped, I returned them (unopened) and they said I only returned one. Matter was FINALLY resolved after some headaches.

One I got past some emails and talking to the illegal immigrants, and finally found someone who actually spoke english, only then was I able to resolve the issue.

Reaction score

Oh, another thing, I belive they know all to well how bad thier service dept. is, that's probably the reason they make thier ph. number nearly impossible to find!

Reaction score

So what is there phone number???

Reaction score

Star Wars shop has ticked me off too. Their prices are too high and they always move the shipment dates back. I almost never even order there anymore.
Its sad because it could be really awesome but their shipping crap is terrible!

Reaction score

And wait till you have to deal with their customer support...its non existant!!

Reaction score

I had some issues with them when I ordered the OTC Holo Emperor, but since then they've been great. Well, with great I mean that all the other stuff I had ordered (remote R2, Wedge, Koto Shocktrooper) arrived in very good condition, and those were 3 different shipments.

Reaction score

Lost my exclusive clones to the same stinking thing. I emailed several times saying not to cancel my order until they figure out what the card issue was. Their response...your order has been cancelled. I sent an irate email saying that I would rather pay some ebayer twice as much and get better customer service. Magically my Wedge/R2D2 Remote controlled order processed from the same credit card...

Reaction score

Well, I've finally had a bad experience with SSW.com. I ordered one of the Obi-Wan Character Keys from Acme Archives. It came FedEx in a small box but the box was just slightly larger than the artwork. The box was not only crushed but folded and so was the key because there was no protection in the box (unless you count the small piece of paper wadded up in there).

So, I ordered another one. I wanted to get an order in before it sold out or something. I didn't want to take a chance and have it sell out while I was waiting for my return to be processed.

Today my second key arrives....wait for it...in an ENVELOPE! No internal packaging, just the key and the packing slip in a Hefty #1 bubble envelope. Somehow it was fine. But I can not believe that they would send that and not put it in a box?

I haven't really had a problem with them on anything I've ordered till now. And the $6.95 in FedEx shipping? Gimme a break. USPS Priority Mail boxes are FREE and they could have sent it in 3 days for $3.85. Instead I waited 8 days to get it in an envelope.

I'm going to have to think long and hard before I ever order from them again.

E...

Reaction score

What I don't like from StarWarsShop is that almost all things can't be shipped to Mexico.

Reaction score

efranks said:
Well, I've finally had a bad experience with SSW.com. I ordered one of the Obi-Wan Character Keys from Acme Archives. It came FedEx in a small box but the box was just slightly larger than the artwork. The box was not only crushed but folded and so was the key because there was no protection in the box (unless you count the small piece of paper wadded up in there).

So, I ordered another one. I wanted to get an order in before it sold out or something. I didn't want to take a chance and have it sell out while I was waiting for my return to be processed.

Today my second key arrives....wait for it...in an ENVELOPE! No internal packaging, just the key and the packing slip in a Hefty #1 bubble envelope. Somehow it was fine. But I can not believe that they would send that and not put it in a box?

I haven't really had a problem with them on anything I've ordered till now. And the $6.95 in FedEx shipping? Gimme a break. USPS Priority Mail boxes are FREE and they could have sent it in 3 days for $3.85. Instead I waited 8 days to get it in an envelope.

I'm going to have to think long and hard before I ever order from them again.

E...
Just read several Emails from guys in the PSWCS newsgroup and their keys were ruined too! One guy had an empty box mailed to him!

Reaction score

xraymonkey said:
Just read several Emails from guys in the PSWCS newsgroup and their keys were ruined too! One guy had an empty box mailed to him!
Yeah, that was me.

E...

Reaction score

LOL, sorry that was you! I need to read things more carefully eh?