Aayla Secura - VC58

GNT

Reaction score
Seems like we can expect a new Aayla Secura figure in the main line...

From GH:

Galactic Hunter: In another past Q&A you stated that a new Aayla Secura figure missed the 2010 main line cut and may become an exclusive next year. Any update on this figure, or what particular version/costume we can expect? Is it possible to strike gold twice and ask to see a reference sketch? (Sorry, they're so cool.)

Hasbro: The exclusive that might have featured her did not materialize. We have a new Aayla Secura planned for the 2011 line. No sketches are available at this time.

Thoughts on this news?

Reaction score
Re: Aayla Secura - 2011

She has to get BJ articulation about everywhere if Hasbro doesn't want to disappoint.

Reaction score

I think the base to her is fine, she just needs fully articulated arms. If they did a new headsculpt that would be fine so long as it's as good as the ROTS one. I think they did a great job of her likeness on that one.

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
I think the base to her is fine, she just needs fully articulated arms. If they did a new headsculpt that would be fine so long as it's as good as the ROTS one. I think they did a great job of her likeness on that one.
Agreed she only needs new elbow joints so basically arms, but it would be nice if they redid the knees so they weren't so loose.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Aayla Secura

That's what I hated abut the original release, she'd be standing up then she'd just topple over because her leg joints were way to loose. I'd be happy with brand new arms but wouldn't mind a whole new sculpt.

Reaction score

New Scuplt all the way. Her legs are way too close together and the knee joints need redoing (as well as needing new arms) on the ROTs version so SA new-sculpt or don't bother.

Shame it will take so long to get here.

Reaction score

I have the SAGA version, skipped on the ROTS version.
Not really a top priority considering how nice the animated version looks, but let's see how the sculpt/ paintjob will turn out.

Reaction score

I like the look of the Clone Wars figure, and I'm happy with the ROTS version, heck even the SAGA version, I like. Dunno if I'll be looking for this, but can see why they're doing it.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
I have the SAGA version, skipped on the ROTS version.
Not really a top priority considering how nice the animated version looks, but let's see how the sculpt/ paintjob will turn out.
Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to have to get that Animated Aayla and mix a few parts together for the Ultimate figure!

Reaction score

There is no need for a re sculpt figure, they can re use this figure and just add new arms for better articulation on the elbows.

rots0532aaylasecurafront.jpg

rots0532aaylasecuraart.jpg

rots0532aaylasecuraready.jpg

Reaction score

I was always really annoyed by ROTS Aayla's rather strange arm articulation, sort of like a lot of ROTS Jedi and how one leg or arm would have more points than the other. Very strange decision. So I'll welcome a new version.

Reaction score

MysterioMenace said:
I was always really annoyed by ROTS Aayla's rather strange arm articulation, sort of like a lot of ROTS Jedi and how one leg or arm would have more points than the other. Very strange decision. So I'll welcome a new version.

Yeah just the ROTS figure with only new arms for ball joints on shoulders and elbows with swivel wrists.

Reaction score

My main complaint is the arbitrary brown spray on her. Hopefully the new version will have darker blue skin and no brown spray.

Reaction score

Gothiczartan84 said:
MysterioMenace said:

Yeah just the ROTS figure with only new arms for ball joints on shoulders and elbows with swivel wrists.

Yah, I mean that's really all we need. Other than the arms, she was pretty much perfect IMO.

Reaction score

Agen_Kolar said:
My main complaint is the arbitrary brown spray on her. Hopefully the new version will have darker blue skin and no brown spray.
Yeah I think it was meant to be dust since she never went to Geonosis during ROTS. That way the figure could be used for either movie. I don't think she has to be darker it only looks like she is in comics, in AOTC or ROTS pics she looks very similar to the figure.

Reaction score

while the ROTS figure was done pretty well in terms of sculpt, i think i'd like to see what a brand new sculpt would do. hasbro has come a long way in terms of [censored] alien lady sculpts with a fair amount of exposed skin (see darth talon) so i imagine a resculpt could eliminate some of the slight wonkiness in aayla's legs and her subtle muffin top.

**edit** wow, the censored word up there makes it look a lot racier than just showing the actual word. s e x y is too scandalous a word? ::rolleyes::

Reaction score

there is already a figure made for the clone wars line. I'm not getting to that right now but I'll still get the CW figure of her and I hope she gets remade or retooled as movie version.

Reaction score

Would welcome a new tooling/sculpt of a realistic Aayla. The ROTS one was okay, but the articulation left a lot to be desired.

Reaction score

Personally, I hope that if they do make a new Aayla figure that it'll be a super-articulated version of her AOTC appearance. (perhaps part of a new set of Geonosis two-packs?)

A new SA ROTS version would also be much-appreciated as well though.

Reaction score

what's the difference between AOTC and ROTS aayla? same actress, same costume, right?

if they do give us an ROTS aayla, i'd like to see some attention paid to her navel jewelry
wink.gif

Reaction score

If you guys take a moment & look at the archive pic.. her lower legs are attached the wrong way around.
They did it to all the recent ROTJ Lukes as well - stupid.

Reaction score

Sounds like good news to me!

This should be a very easy fix. New arms and legs (or new knees at minimum) are really all that's needed here. Some may argue for longer, more accurate lekku, but I'm fine with what we have.

Reaction score

If you want a all new sculpt Aayla Secura, that's fine with me as long as they make her SA and movie accurate. they can do is use some body parts from ROTS figure.

Reaction score

monkeyboy said:
what's the difference between AOTC and ROTS aayla? same actress, same costume, right?

After looking at various images on wookiepedia, it looks like you're right - for some reason, I always thought it was a different outfit - I guess I was just looking at the previous figures: the SAGA figure is a completely different colour to the ROTS one, which is a lot murkier. I'd prefer a colour scheme closer to the SAGA one (a lot brighter and more vibrant skin colour, with a lighter brown, almost bronze outfit)

Reaction score

Slightly tighter limbs would be nice....if not outright necessary(knees, ankles, etc).

Reaction score

Arm articulation and fixed knees will make this a buy. the knees on the ROTS figure are seriously horrible, and I can't get her to stabd very easily at all. Legs akin to Juno's would fit her very well.

I expect Hasbro to give us an all-new scuplt when they release her again. Well, maybe apart from the Torso.

Reaction score

I'll buy 2-3 of these for multiple dio's. The ROTS one was nice but the arms stunk & the ankles & knees were faaaaar tooooo loose.FIX THAT HASBRO this time around!!!
Why would the person who had original posed the question to Hasbro even ask "what outfit" they would make. How many outfits has she had but the one
??

Reaction score

happy b-day Tyrannus!

if they do go with a completely new sculpt, they should have the person who worked on TFU Shaak Ti do it

Reaction score

I love Aayla and like I said (if done correctly), I'll be buying 2-3 of these (to use for all my different dioramas). It's just a pity she had to have a speaking role in the cartoon. That totally un-[censored] voice was such a complete & total turn-off. I view her character so much differently now than I did 2 years ago. It's too bad. She used to be one of my top 3-4 favorite Jedi, but now? She's dropped off the top-15 list. Well below that even maybe.

GNT

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
I am hoping to see her at the SDCC slide show, please!
laugh.gif
Vintage card and not Saga Legends
cool.gif

Hasbro said she's all new so she should be on a vintage card.

Reaction score

I figured she'd be in wave 2 of the Geonosis packs.

Reaction score

AaylaSecurasMan said:
laugh.gif
cool.gif

I doubt it. There is a better chance we will see her in the C4 slide show (if there is one). It all depends where she was put into the 2011 line.

doc46 said:
I figured she'd be in wave 2 of the Geonosis packs.

Well the answer given by Hasbro alludes to the fact that she won’t be an exclusive. I can’t remember, but weren’t the Geonosis packs exclusives?

Reaction score

GNT said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Hasbro said she's all new so she should be on a vintage card.

Good! I don't think her ROTS face sculpt is that great. Acceptable, but not great. Hopefully this next one nails down a definitive Aayla.