Aayla Secura (Rumored)

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The previously rumored Prequel Jedi #1 by Yakface, has now been confirmed by JediInsider to be Aayla Secura and is part of the second 2022 wave. It is unknown at this time whether she will be from AOTC or ROTS.

This wave is also rumored to include pipeline figures Figrin D'an & Princess Leia (Ewok Village), in addition to Ki-Adi Mundi and ARC Trooper Jesse.

Images for reference only.

Aayla-Secura-1-Resized.jpg
Aayla-Secura-2-Resized.jpg

Reaction score
Seems like good timing for this and Ki-Adi Mundi with the Tartakovsky Grievous and Fordo on the way.

BS6 isn't my focus but I'll probably get them to go with the Tartakovsky figures. Hope they make Shaak Ti.

Reaction score
I'm just really, really hoping this doesn't involve any reuse.

This is one of the last figures on my wanted list and I'm hoping it comes out near perfect. Going to look so good next to Bly.

Reaction score
If it’s all-new and they nail it, then I’m definitely interested. If it’s sloppy re-use like Plo Koon and Kit Fisto, then I’ll pass.

I’m optimistic about her!

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
This is one I’ll probably buy. Unless it’s a lot of reuse and doesn’t look great

I'm just really, really hoping this doesn't involve any reuse.

This is one of the last figures on my wanted list and I'm hoping it comes out near perfect. Going to look so good next to Bly.

If it’s all-new and they nail it, then I’m definitely interested. If it’s sloppy re-use like Plo Koon and Kit Fisto, then I’ll pass.

I’m optimistic about her!

If Hasbro goes with her Ep3 scenes, I could see them using Padme for her base figure. Minor retooling, and a new head sculpt. Boom! Aayla.

Reaction score
If Hasbro goes with her Ep3 scenes, I could see them using Padme for her base figure. Minor retooling, and a new head sculpt. Boom! Aayla.
Aayla has the same costume for her appearances in Ep 2, 3 and the Clone Wars cartoon.

They could *maybe* get away with using Padme’s legs, though Aayla does wear boots with a slight high heel. Everything else would be way different. Aayla has an exposed right arm, midriff, and cleavage that the Padmé figure definitely doesn’t have, and a uniquely textured left arm.

If they re-use Padmé as a base, it won’t even resemble Aayla.

TBS Padmé and TVC Aayla for comparison.

Attachments

• 7E789C9A-3822-4339-B1B1-A76AEA4FA496.jpeg
    7E789C9A-3822-4339-B1B1-A76AEA4FA496.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 18
  • EBEB32E3-4A1B-4BD2-86F4-58F3FC9FAB12.jpeg
    EBEB32E3-4A1B-4BD2-86F4-58F3FC9FAB12.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
Aayla has the same costume for her appearances in Ep 2, 3 and the Clone Wars cartoon.

They could *maybe* get away with using Padme’s legs, though Aayla does wear boots with a slight high heel. Everything else would be way different. Aayla has an exposed right arm, midriff, and cleavage that the Padmé figure definitely doesn’t have, and a uniquely textured left arm.

If they re-use Padmé as a base, it won’t even resemble Aayla.

TBS Padmé and TVC Aayla for comparison.
Still looks like minor retooling to me. Most of Padme can be recolored (just needs new head, chest, and boots)

Remember, Hasbro is going to be looking for the most re-use potential. That's why I'm afraid Ki-Adi will be just his head on a Mace body

Reaction score
I think an Aurra Sing reuse would be more suitable than Padme, although they would have to tool a new upper torso and arms but still likely less costlier than all new. We shall see.

Reaction score
Aayla Secura has an exposed belly, so no figure they’ve ever made before would be a suitable starting point for the abdomen except for Huttslayer Leia.

Reaction score
This has just been confirmed as a Pipeline Reveal during the HasbroPulse livestream!

I’m really hoping we get this on a 2002 style blue card for the 20th anniversary of Attack of the Clones.

Reaction score
I can’t think of a scene where Aayla has robes on. Maybe in some obscure Legends comic.

Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc. are regularly seen with robes, but many of their figures did not include them.

Reaction score
I like the option of having the robe. The VC one had it. I was lucky that I was able to get an extra Mace Windu robe from someone who didn't want it and put it on my Anakin.

Reaction score
Anything less than 100% new sculpt is a fail. This line is already repack central and the look of this character is far too unique for part reuse. She’s not just another Jedi wearing the same old robes of a different color. Don’t frak it up Hasbro

Reaction score
If they are smart about it, they can get away with some re-use.
And I am certain they will go that route and if it's done well, I am fine with it, as per today - this can change of course.
The head at least, needs to be new. Re-using Hera's head would not do.
Also I can't help but wonder if they'll cover her up more than what she's normally portrayed as.

Reaction score
I just hope that by the time she available for pre-order the price hasn't increased again! lol

Reaction score
I tend to think they will just to hide the midriff and make her appear less provocative. I also think she should be all new, while there's plenty of other characters to reuse those legs on it certainly isn't Aayla. Shaak Ti for example could get away with it, or Barriss and Luminara. Not Aayla Secura and if they did reuse for her I'd pass on it with these new prices.

Reaction score
I tend to think they will just to hide the midriff and make her appear less provocative. I also think she should be all new, while there's plenty of other characters to reuse those legs on it certainly isn't Aayla. Shaak Ti for example could get away with it, or Barriss and Luminara. Not Aayla Secura and if they did reuse for her I'd pass on it with these new prices.
So the legs need to be all-new, but it would be okay for Hasbro to hide the midriff? I highly doubt they’ll do that. Aayla appeared in S7 of the Clone Wars in her standard outfit, so don’t see why Hasbro would need to censor her costume.

EDIT: TVC also just got a repainted Aayla in all of her midriff glory.