Aayla Secura Clone Wars - VC#217 (Walmart Exclusive)

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Aayla Secura based off the old Clone Wars 2D show in the Vintage Collection in 2022 and will be a Walmart exclusive. Thoughts on seeing this figure?

Hasbro revealed today several additions to its popular 6-inch Star Wars: The Black Series and 3.75-inch Star Wars: The Vintage Collection lines devoted solely to Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars 2D Micro Series, a beloved show from the early 2000s that explored the time between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Known for its kinetic style, the Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series introduced major characters like General Grievous and would also inspire the long-running and critically-acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series.

Who will be picking this one up?4B371A8B-0846-4F2A-BB4A-B4BEEDEC4B55.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
MSRP is $13.99 ($13.49 on website). Available for pre-order HERE. On-shelf Spring 2022 (March 1st).

Press Images

VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-7.jpg

Reaction score
It’s a beautiful figure! I got the original TVC release a few years back, but my sample has wonky eyes. I put in a pre-order for this one hoping to get a nice paint job for the face without paying a premium.

Reaction score
I was going to skip her, but it is a nice repaint. I just have five different Aayla figures already, which seems like more than enough for this character. I purchased her basically for free shipping when I pre-ordered Luminara & Barriss. If they're going to give another female Jedi a second chance, how about someone like Depa Billaba, desperate for an updated / retooled sculpt.

Reaction score
I could see updating Voolvif Man with better legs, but K'kruhk is just fine in my book they just could reissue him as is. Sha’a Gi would have been easy repaint of Anakin with new head, so not like a lot of tooling budget was needed. Tarr Seirr would have required an all new mold though.

Speaking of Ki Adi kind of still needs an update as he still has swivel elbows and no ankles, so they could just retool arms and legs for the existing sculpt and it be fine by me. Maybe add SG's lower robes for movement.

Reaction score
I think Ki-Adi-Mundi would look best in all plastic, but make the lower robe a soft material, like TVC Greef Karga or Rogue One Vader, to allow for poseability.

I think K’Krukh might do really well as a repack on a TVC card. Maybe if they do a special comics themed wave like The Black Series got? He’s on my wishlist, but not with those sky high secondary market prices.

Reaction score
I didn't notice this tidbit the first time around because there was no image posted here, but on the back of Aayla's card it depict her with Eath Koth/Agen Kolar and Voolvif Monn but are obviously MIA from this release. While the others are pictured with the others in this wave, so it did get me to thinking that maybe those two are on tap for a round 2/second wave with possibly a couple more unannounced. Here's me hoping anyways!

I think K’Krukh might do really well as a repack on a TVC card. Maybe if they do a special comics themed wave like The Black Series got? He’s on my Wishlist, but not with those sky high secondary market prices.

Be nice if they threw in his hat this time around. After all K'kruhk was technically in that same episode as Aayla, so my above idea makes sense fi there was to be a second wave.

To this day I'm still miffed that they didn't pack Kai Hudorra in with Commander Keller in the comic pack, since Clones can sell in the main line all day long. Now I suspect that we'll never see him!

Reaction score
An updated or Clone Wars style Agen Kolar / Eeth Koth would be very cool! I’d also be down for another Voolvif Monn if they updated his leg articulation a bit.

Reaction score
I didn't notice this tidbit the first time around because there was no image posted here, but on the back of Aayla's card
Way to bury the lead! I didn't even know the cardbacks had been posted yet. That answers a big question on whether these were going to be a sub-line or part of the main-line VC numbering.

Aayla is VC217. Credit starwars-figuren

VC217-Aayla-Secura-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Cardback-Resized.jpg

Reaction score
I think the new paint job on Aayla's face is creepy AF, but I prefer this skin tone to the too-dark earlier version.

Reaction score
The darker blue doesn't bother me too badly but I definitely see this release as more accurate with a lighter blue skintone.

Reaction score
Same here, it's definitely not a turn off because I like all shades of blue, but it's certainly not accurate to her character. If it wasn't specif to Aayla's character I could see using the older version as a custom for another Twilek.

Reaction score
I too bought it because of the brighter color. It actually has very similar coloring to her first figure: http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0311aaylasecura.asp

I would argue that it's coloring is faithful to the AOTC promo shots of her. For ROTS, when she's on Felucia it is darker so her coloring appears darker as well which is why you could argue that was faithful to that adaption.