A sample of my Weta collection

Reaction score
I've had a few requests for some pics of my LOTR Anduril sword that was hand-made by Peter Lyon from Weta (the Master Swordsmith who created the swords for the Lord Of The Rings movies), so I'm posting a link to some pics on my Photobucket page. I have a MASSIVE Weta collection including their District 9 line, Superman statues, Halo line, Dr. Grordbort's rayguns, and various others...but I've posted some pics of Anduril and some pics of the silver-plated Master Chief and Grunts statue that they only made one of (part of the "Only One In The Universe" promotion that hard-core Halo fans may remember back when Halo 3 came out years ago). Enjoy!

http://s409.photobucket.com/user/phreaky_d/profile/

Reaction score
Wow man amazing!! You gotta display that. Or sell it and buy a car ;) lol Seriously though, that's a masterpiece congrats!

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys! :) LOL…I probably COULD buy a car with it! I admittedly have wondered how much it would sell for…not that I would ever sell it, but given that Peter only made 10 of them, it'd be interesting to see what the value would be. If I remember correctly, I think the original price was $6,000. INSANE money.

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys! :) LOL…I probably COULD buy a car with it! I admittedly have wondered how much it would sell for…not that I would ever sell it, but given that Peter only made 10 of them, it'd be interesting to see what the value would be. If I remember correctly, I think the original price was $6,000. INSANE money.
I've seen Strider's Peter made sword listed for $19,000. It could easily go for $10,000 and up.

Reaction score
Spectacular! You have an enviable collection of superb goodies! Thanks so much for sharing. I'd love to see more pictures of the rest of your Weta hoard. Anduril in particular is stunning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks! :) I'd love to send more pics of an epic display, but unfortunately most of everything is still boxed up...just not enough space to display it all. And it sucks not being able to display it, I definitely need a bigger house! It took many years to get everything, I actually got bitten by the Weta bug after I won their Master Chief and Grunts statue auction back in 2007 when Halo 3 came out. The statute blew me away, and it just ballooned from there!

Reaction score
Yeah, I can relate to the whole space/display problem.

That MC and Grunts piece was a super-ambitious, wickedly cool statue - the brainchild of Weta Workshop boss and founder Sir Richard Taylor, who is a statue collector himself . If I recall correctly, it never went into production, so your silver version truly is a unique item and genuine piece of collectible statue history. :)

Can I assume you have a copy of the Weta: The Collector's Guide book? If not, it sounds like you should! :D There's a section in there on the silver Halo 3 statues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're right, my silver Halo statue truly is the "only one in the universe." Sadly, Weta pulled the plug on producing the actual statue and the other three were the only ones released. I have the entire Halo line as well, truly remarkable pieces! I actually do have that book, it's a pretty neat reference for all things Weta from that time. I don't think I have pics up on my site, but I also have the Death From Above raygun that was one of the custom rayguns that Weta came up with...here's a link:

https://www.wetanz.com/death-from-above-a-one-of-a-kind-raygun/

Also a very cool piece! The rayguns in particular are super expensive, so I sadly wasn't able to have a complete Dr. Grordbort's collection.

Reaction score
Very cool! You have an enviable collection. :D

Full disclosure: I work for Weta and wrote said book. ;) I'm just a big nerd for all this stuff, which makes going to work each day so much fun.

Reaction score
Very cool! You have an enviable collection. :D

Full disclosure: I work for Weta and wrote said book. ;) I'm just a big nerd for all this stuff, which makes going to work each day so much fun.
SERIOUSLY?!?! That's EPIC! :) I just noticed you're from Wellington, that's so cool! It's been quite a while, but I remember talking with Magnus and Darren all the time several years ago. They are TREMENDOUS guys, they were always so wonderful with me...I pretty much bought all kinds of stuff from them! Richard was also absolutely amazing and very generous...he pretty much had the entire Weta crew sign a large promotional picture of them holding all the statutes in the Halo line and personalized the picture to me. That pic is one of my most prized possessions, I was totally star-struck when I got it with the statue! At some point, I'm definitely heading over to Wellington to hang out over there with the Weta folks...it's on my bucket list!

Reaction score
That's Richard for you - always generous in every way. It's why he inspires such loyalty in his crew. I've been here twenty years, so that should say something. ;)

While Darren has moved on, Magnus is still with us. He's a great guy.

Please let us know if you ever make it over this way. :) We'll make sure your trip is memorable!

Reaction score
I sure will...I'll definitely make it out there at some point! I'm thrilled to hear Magnus is still there, I'll have to try and get back in touch with him. Next time you see him, tell him his favorite Halo silver statue owner says hi! :p I'll admit I'm a little jealous that you've been with such an awesome company for so long...everything about Weta is absolutely prime! I'll always be a massive Weta nut.

Reaction score
by any chance do you own the environments made by Weta?
Sadly no, although it would've been SUPER cool to have those...funds and space forced me into retiring from collecting more Weta stuff and pursuing those environments. Those would've most certainly made an excellent addition to my Weta collection, though!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also regret not buying them when they were offered by Weta.. The masterpieces such as 'The Argonath' are well over 1K on ebay and the retail was hardly $200 :(

Sadly no, although it would've been SUPER cool to have those...funds and space forced me into retiring from collecting more Weta stuff and pursuing those environments. Those would've most certainly made an excellent addition to my Weta collection, though!

Reaction score
If looking for environments shoot me a PM. I have many of the older ones (not Argonath) and am getting out of collecting statues.