A Request to Hasbro

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro,

Seriously?
Distribution is sucking. So you have reduced your great action figure line down to 5 POA figures, because its cheaper? Easier for moms to buy for their kids-yknow the next generation of fans? Wanting to **** off a huge amount of collectors/fans? You are hitting all the marks. I get it. But here is something you could try. How about bringing back the $5 figure on just a plain simple card? You guys are wasting so much paper and plastic it isn't even funny. Take a cue from the meth and coke salespeople, lure them with the low prices and quality product first, then bring on bigger and better stuff and than BAM, hooked for Life. Okay, not the best way to present but it has its own merit, we are all plastic junkies by default.

No one can find the figures they want, a lot of wasted hunting. Either you guys weren't ready or you are creating the demand before the movie comes out. Here Harvard, let me teach you something. The DEMAND was already there. Now you are stoking resentment and criticism and the Corporate Dogma is going to bite you in the ***.

Here's another thought. Keep two action figure lines in the 3 3/4 scale, the VINTAGE COLLECTION was brilliant and yes, it hit us all very hard. Very hard to walk out that store and not run back in for OH HONEY, FORGOT I WANTED A........, BE RIGHT BACK. Im an adult, I love SW, Ill always buy cool figures, these 5POAs are nice for little kids or the minority that just like a nice sculpt on a cool card. So go with that. ReAction figures are putting out some cool stuff, but your sculpts for TFA are very cool. I can deal with it. What I cant enjoy is the fact that there are practically no figures to check out. You have created a demand by shortshipping and making sure only a small amount of product is available. Congrats. Now ante up and distribute.

My other thing, the vehicles. WTH? $50 for a smaller XWING and crappy rubbery guns that don't hold shape even after the boil and cool method. No electronics wither, THIS did not COST THAT much to make. Personally, Im offended. The TIE fighter was nice, but the rubbery crap plastic is not holding up. Get Quality Assurance on that. My hope is that you offer replacement accessories in a harder plastic.

I have no idea what you did to the FALCON, but the Jury is still out on that one. Question, are you re-issuing the BMF under the TFA logo with slight adjustments--older Han and Chewie and new rectangular dish? Because honestly, that's all you need to do to get back on track with the older crowd. Offering up a BLACK SERIES uber 3 3/4 line really blows, cmon Hasbro, action figures are the meat and potatoes of the SW line, at least keep them affordable and stop adding so much extra craptastic accessories just so you can bump the price.

Make amends by making a better game plan. Lego is going to be getting my dollars unless I start seeing some improvement in how you guys/gals are handling this line.

No excuses, just do it right and we, as fans, will do right by you.

Let's review shall we.

Keep the figures under $10, get rid of the craptastic accessories and use that hard plastic to make replacement pieces for the vehicles you made.

Re-issue the VINTAGE COLLECTION again, because that has all kinds of YES that's what we want/like and keep the adult fans and collectors happy.

Still keep making 5POAs figures for the newer kids if that's what your sales tell you, but for Pete's sake, improve your distribution.

GNT

Reaction score
It's not overly Hasbro's fault, retain chains are more cautious with how much stock they want to order after being burnt every few years by Hasbro. Less figures now, means better chances of future waves hitting the shelves. It's good to see figures moving.

Vintage was great but it needs to be rested for a few years before ever returning.

Reaction score
It's not overly Hasbro's fault, retain chains are more cautious with how much stock they want to order after being burnt every few years by Hasbro. Less figures now, means better chances of future waves hitting the shelves. It's good to see figures moving.

Vintage was great but it needs to be rested for a few years before ever returning.
Pal, Vintage needs to be Vintage II needs to be brought out to save this friggin line. The only reason the numbers look good is because of the distribution game. The quality of the figures is crap. I would rather they re-issue the Kenner stuff or the stuff they already have --A WING, B-WING, SNOW SPEEDER, BMF, Walker, etc,

Reaction score
I apologize.. what does 5POA mean?

I have a TRU, WM, Target near me, and TRU/Target have displays one can see from the door it seems, and there's 2-packs, singles, Rebels, TFA, TFA with Luke and co. in their old gear, ( I haven't seen any of the original characters in their new looks yet) and the Black series...I'm a new collector from having the older Vintage stuff right out of the box when first available, then all was destroyed by younger brother..I'm still in therapy over that lol. Which line has the most characters from all over the franchise, as I've seen the Black series with some good looking figures, but where are most of them coming from as I'd like to try to get most of these newer ones if I can.

Reaction score
I apologize.. what does 5POA mean?

I have a TRU, WM, Target near me, and TRU/Target have displays one can see from the door it seems, and there's 2-packs, singles, Rebels, TFA, TFA with Luke and co. in their old gear, ( I haven't seen any of the original characters in their new looks yet) and the Black series...I'm a new collector from having the older Vintage stuff right out of the box when first available, then all was destroyed by younger brother..I'm still in therapy over that lol. Which line has the most characters from all over the franchise, as I've seen the Black series with some good looking figures, but where are most of them coming from as I'd like to try to get most of these newer ones if I can.
I recommend spending a day looking through the photo archive. There's a lot to take in if you haven't collected since the vintage days. The line evolved from 6poa to super articulated (SA) then it split into two lines. 5poa and SA. There is no one line that's a one stop shop as far as being a "complete" line. Most people on here have figures from all over it's 20 year history. Don't try to find a complete line, it'll drive you crazy. Buy your favorite versions no matter what line they came from. You'll be happier in the long run.

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro -

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have more than 5 points of articulation on the 3.75" figures!!!! Its out dated; I LOVE the fully articulated ones. Why go backwards?

2. BETTER VEHICLES! My brand new XWing came with massively warped missiles and is very fragile compared to your older Kenner/Hasbro vehicles I own. The new AT ST and Imperial transport are weak. Less articulating parts, no wheels, super light. Compared to older lines these new vehicles are wimpy. The new MF I purchased has no landing gear, the cockpits small again, no lights in places you had them before. Compared to the BMF (big Mellenium Falcon) I prefer the latter. And the figures only have 5POA!

3. LARGER VEHICLES. It took quite a bit of manipulation to get Poe Dameron into the cockpit.

I hope you listen to your consumers.

Thank you

Reaction score
The biggest issue is that Hasbro never takes the time to read anything online, whether it be on RS or YF or anywhere else collectors may post. They have all these marketing people that went to college and know what they are doing, so as collectors that know what we want have no clue when it comes to their knowledge of how to produce, ship and maintain any of the toys we want. I was so excited in 95 when I saw the first new SW figure on the shelves after such a long break, only to get more excited when they broke from molds like the Luke 'schwarzenegger' figure and began giving us movie accurate figures. Then they bought my sole with articulation....God love the articulation, my figures could finally sit down or kneel behind a log.....
Then the price of oil went up and you need oil to make plastic, so the price of figures went up and we all tried to understand and be patient. Then the sculpts began to get a little goofier, and face molds were not what they had been, but we kept buying them because we love SW and we love our toys.
Although I enjoyed the new movie, it did not meet my expectations as hoped, only because I am more nitpicky and have forgotten how to just watch a movie without finding everything wrong with that I can, and have no desire to buy any of the new figures. However that decision is based mostly on the fact that eventually with the 3.75" black series line all the figures that have been released will be released with all its articulation instead of the 5p we have been given thus far, and we will run out to buy them as well but only at Walmart as was released several months ago. Hasbro does not care about all the fans but only the ones that blindly spend their money on whatever Hasbro produces only to be duped into spending more money on the better figures (same characters though) that will soon follow. I have to agree with skipper, perhaps cutting back on the packaging will allow for better articulation and a less than $10 price tag and maybe even we will see less peg warmers than we have been seeing. Oh, and let's keep in mind all the wonderful collectors and fans who live in places like Versailles, Ky as well as the biggest cities in this country without Walmarts so they might enjoy some of these toys as well (New York, Boston, detroit...just to name a few).

Reaction score
hasbro dont give a rats *** about what consumer feel. if they did, the distribution problem would have been corrected 3 years ago.

Actually since the end 0f 2009 with the vintage collection. 6 years. They really should be embarrassed. Somehow I doubt they are though.