Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1627012515901.png

1627012610761.png

1627012629509.png

Description

A Gentle Giant Ltd. release! Relive the magic of A New Hope with this all-new statue of Obi-Wan Kenobi in his Episode 4 look! Captured during his battle with Darth Vader aboard the Death Star, with his lightsaber energized, this approximately 12-inch statue features detailed sculpting and paint applications, and is limited to only 2000 pieces. It comes packaged in a full-color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
Designed by Elliot Fernandez, sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios!

Up for Pre-Order for Premier Guild Members starting Friday, July 23rd at 12:00am (Eastern).

Reaction score
It is ok, but still not quite there with the resemblance. Being 12", just like the 1/6 Hot Toys figures, GG can do better IMO.

39a7fd28ebd7237f19168fdd45a84283.jpg

Reaction score
Kinda beating ANH Kenobi to death by now aren't they?

It's a nice statue, and not done, but still, they have some sort of fantasy or something at this point?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Good looking statue but I don't remember the part in ANH when he slices off a piece of Death Star wall. 😉

C'mon, Ben. It was part of that cut off scene recently found, you know. :)

Nice looking statue but I've already gotten too many Obi Wan representations, thus I'll be passing. Now, if this would have been a Cantina patron statue for the 1/6 scale many collectors have been wanting for years, I would've gotten it. But again, a nice looking piece.

Reaction score
I like the statue but I have the Kotobukiya A New Hope Obi-Wan 1/7 scale so I'm having a hard time justifying pulling the trigger.

The Koto one is an excellent sculpt with light up saber and the option to display him with hood up or hood down. There are only so many of a same character we can have taking up space (which we know for many of us it is an issue), unless of course you are planning on substituting the one you have for one you see as an upgraded version. Now if you are a focused collector, I can understand buying a bunch of the same character from different makers. I like this statue and the character is my favorite from the OT, but I already have too many representations of him that I'm happy to have in my collection. Personally, I'm not pulling the trigger on this one, although I can clearly see why the statue is attractive to others.

Reaction score
The Koto one is an excellent sculpt with light up saber and the option to display him with hood up or hood down. There are only so many of a same character we can have taking up space (which we know for many of us it is an issue), unless of course you are planning on substituting the one you have for one you see as an upgraded version. Now if you are a focused collector, I can understand buying a bunch of the same character from different makers. I like this statue and the character is my favorite from the OT, but I already have too many representations of him that I'm happy to have in my collection. Personally, I'm not pulling the trigger on this one, although I can clearly see why the statue is attractive to others.
Totally agree. I love the pose and the base on this one. Me not pulling the trigger is mainly a space issue. If I didn't already have a large ANH Kenobi statue I'd be all over this.