A beginning landing pad..

Reaction score
You should use a squeegee - the kind they use for wrapping cars etc. 3M make some great ones. And dont push too hard, as it can leave marks, but it will get bubbles etc. straightened out.

Or, if I remember correctly (someone on RS has done this, I think even the Fwoosh has made one), paint the wood black and put a transparent plexiglass (acryllic) plate on top.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing- thanks for all the WIP pics; that's what this diorama community is all about! I love seeing methods that never occurred to me 🥰

Reaction score
Good news is, it won't take me any time to get back to where I was, as I don't have to figure out the hows of most of it!

20200612_111300.jpg

I have the main deck floor already cut out for the elevator and screwed to the frame.

20200612_114109.jpg

The floor for under the elevator platform is on its way to becoming permanent.

20200612_114431.jpg

The back wall and second floor beam ready to go!

Reaction score
I'm sorry! I had to go back to work last week. I plan on starting back up as soon as I can get reacclimated to the job again. I will get back to it asap!

Reaction score
I'm sorry! I had to go back to work last week. I plan on starting back up as soon as I can get reacclimated to the job again. I will get back to it asap!
Don't be sorry. I'm just curious to see how it develops :D
By no means should it be taken as a push etc.
And I really shouldn't talk, as I have unfinished turrets to complete myself.

Reaction score
Finally back into the shop after going back to work a few weeks ago. Dunno about everyone else, but they bring back half the workers and still want all the work done! I think they're trying to kill me. Anyhows...

20200704_131041.jpg

New second floor decking is cut and looking good! I revamped the railing to add another handrail and make it look more interesting. The uprights (balisters? balistrades?) are thicker than before also because I felt the last ones looked too fragile. (And the hardware store was out of that thickness...). Also extended it to reach around the entire perimeter whereas before it stopped short of the back wall.
20200704_131036.jpg

Some droids to illustrate the scale. I also made the rail a little higher than before. Funny how when R2-D2 or someone else higher up shows up, Indy and Rose are nowhere to be found...
20200704_131651.jpg

You may notice the today's first pic is just the floor and wall clamped together. I haven't done the subfloor where the lights and wiring will be. Here is some of the framework of the floor. The floor surface will be mounted on top of these pieces to make the sandwich that will hide the wires.
20200704_133327.jpg

Drilling holes for the dowel pins to keep everything lined up while the glue dries.

20200704_130324.jpg

Also started working on the elevator platform. I've had a few more ideas on how to make it more stable than the last one too. Hopefully some of the ideas are good ones. I will let you know....

20200704_134051.jpg

And here's the elevator platform glued and pinned and drying. The angle brackets are only there to keep things at the right angle while drying. Ignore the mess behind Indy, I should have blocked it off....

20200704_134124.jpg

I also picked up a few samples of Duck Tape to mark out lines and add decoration to this when it's closer to being done. I could see the metallic one on the bottom being used as safety markings around the elevator!