9 new AFs for 2003

Reaction score
SSG is reporting that in an online chat with a hasbro employee that 9 new AF ships are slated for 2003, beginning with Republic Gunship and "Classic" Slave 1 (hope it's an EPII version, but doesn't sound like it). Let's hope a Jedi Star Fighter is planned and they stop flooding the market with repaints of vehicles I could buy for $2 a few years ago!

Reaction score
Good to hear the Gunship is coming out. Hopefully the other 7 vehicles will be from AOTC such as Republic Assault Ships, Jedi Starfighter, Padme's Cruiser and Yacht, Trade Federation Core Ships, Geonosian Fighters, and the Clone Tank.

I'm annoyed that Hasbro would release ANOTHER version of Boba's Slave I when we just got a new version of it. C'mon, Hasbro! Jango's Slave I is what we should be getting!

Reaction score
Thanks for the news flash. Hope I don't have to use my Tiger Electronics Jedi Fighter any more in place of an AF version. My take on actual new vehicles from the movies is probably much less than 9. Look at the track record so far:

Wave 1: X-Wing, DV Tie, Falcon
Wave 2: AT-TE, Solar Sailor, N-1
Wave 3: Snowspeeder, AT-AT
Wave 4: Gunship, Troop Transport, Slave I (allegedly to be released early in the year)

So let's take a count of new ships in the first 4 waves. That's 4 newbies in a total of 11 vehicles, or just a little more than 1/3 only are from the new movie. I'm of the opinion that uncle Hasbro is trying to make as much money and do as little real work as possible using the AF name. I'm happy that big H is keeping the Action Fleet brand alive, and its good to see at least 2 new vehicles so far. But if the ratio stands, we may get another 3 or so new ships next year. I also hope one is a Jedi Fighter, with the Hyperdrive Ring. I hope to be proven wrong though, about the low number of AOTC ships.

Reaction score
Don't count out the possibility if the Death Star and Star Destroyer actually seeing production. They had prototypes of those plus a podracer. I'd love to see them.

Just got the AT-TE today and I'm finally excited about the AF line again.

Reaction score
Good point CJHawk, I think the podracer you were refering to belonged to Boles Roors and Neeva something (can't remember his last name now). While we're at it, there was a prototype of the Niemoidian Landing ship (that Nute Gunray used to go to Naboo in TPM). Rebelscum actually had some pic's of this AF ship from a few months back. This ship will make perfect sense since the Neimoidians used it to escape Geonosis in AOTC. And what about re-releasing some of the old tailenders like E-Wing and Tie Defender if they really want to make some money?

Unfortunately, I'm still very doubtful that Hasbro will be smart enough to rehash the right toys that would actually generate some real excitement among collectors.

Reaction score
Well, according to sergiurusu, there is a rumored list of this alleged 9 vehicles posted on www.starwarsactionfleet.com

This list is as follows:
Tie fighter (rehash)
Slave I (rehash)
Republic Gunship
Acclamator class destroyer (Troop transport)
Jedi Starfighter (without ring)
IG Clan "Firewall wheeling droid" (Hailfire)
Naboo H-type (Padme's Yacht)
Federation "Homing spider droid"
Slave One (Jango's)

If this is true, I am very encouraged. Only the Tie Fighter and Boba's Slave I are rehashes. OK Jango's Slave I is kinda rehash but its finally one that deserves to be since its in the new movie.

Of the new plastic AF's:
- Republic Gunship will probably be everyone's fave. Hope we get some molded in pilots if they don't want to provide figures
- Troop Transport, if done right this could be the Star Destroyer like AF ship that everyone has been waiting for all these years
- Jedi Fighter, could Hasbro be any more out of touch? First you'd always release the good guy starfighter first! Its got most screen time so it'll be in high demand. Think previous 1st waves like X-Wing and N-1. Also, if it really does not come with the ring, there's no excuse like they didn't know the final cut of the movie. Then again, if including the ring means the ship is as small and crappy as the Solar Sailor...I'll take the ship only.
- Hailfire Droid, great to have some enemies to go against our AT-TE's
- Homing Spider Droids, ditto
- Padme's yatch, I'm not sure if this one has popular appeal. But if it ends up being a hard to get tailender, then demand might end up being high for this one.

I guess all of this is far from confirmed, but thought I include it here and add my two cents worth.

toyguy

Reaction score
I'm going to be crossing my fingers so hard the circulation will be cut off in hopes that the list is true!!!!!!