80s toy shelf

Reaction score
This year I've been working on setting up a display for some of my 80s toys that survived my childhood. I wanted to exhibit some of the creative characters and amazing color palette seen in toys from the 1980s. I picked one figure / toy from each respective line that I wanted to represent, and then organized & consolidated them onto a single shelf. Some notable lines are of course missing, as I no longer have any Thundercats, GI JOE (save for a crocodile accessory), BSG, or any number of other lines that I did in the 80s. I was able to confirm the production & release dates of nearly every item - save for two - the snake on the far left and the green Pegasus near it (if anyone can corroborate they were released in the 80s, or their identity, please let me know). At the very least, those two items would have likely been from the early 90s otherwise. I'm going to start working on a display for all my 80s Star Wars cartoon crossovers next, as the Droids & Ewoks merchandise is one of my niche focuses.

View media item 399288

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice, I like it. It brought a smile to my face.

Cool, I'm glad you enjoyed - thanks for mentioning it. I can't help but smile either - lots of great memories in this little nook. The colors are also so vibrant that they exude happiness.

Reaction score
Awesome! Great idea.

Thanks, I think I'm going to track down a vintage GI Joe Croc Master to go with my crocodile accessory - the display just doesn't feel complete without a joe, but all of mine were destroyed. Literally every vintage joe figure I once had was broken in some way!

Reaction score
So are all of mine—except Crystal Ball! 😜.

Your display is beautiful.

Thanks - you know, I do have good memories at least of their demise! haha When I was a teenager, I discovered what an M100 was, and my friends and I had "war games" with our joes, many of them "battle damaged" beyond repair...

Reaction score
This year I've been working on setting up a display for some of my 80s toys that survived my childhood. I wanted to exhibit some of the creative characters and amazing color palette seen in toys from the 1980s. I picked one figure / toy from each respective line that I wanted to represent, and then organized & consolidated them onto a single shelf. Some notable lines are of course missing, as I no longer have any Thundercats, GI JOE (save for a crocodile accessory), BSG, or any number of other lines that I did in the 80s. I was able to confirm the production & release dates of nearly every item - save for two - the snake on the far left and the green Pegasus near it (if anyone can corroborate they were released in the 80s, or their identity, please let me know). At the very least, those two items would have likely been from the early 90s otherwise. I'm going to start working on a display for all my 80s Star Wars cartoon crossovers next, as the Droids & Ewoks merchandise is one of my niche focuses.

View media item 399288
If you ever decide to trade away the Eborsisk dragon, keep me in mind.

Reaction score
Thanks - you know, I do have good memories at least of their demise! haha When I was a teenager, I discovered what an M100 was, and my friends and I had "war games" with our joes, many of them "battle damaged" beyond repair...

MANY of us lived through something similar! 🤣.

Reaction score
Love the idea! Can't wait to do something similar once I have a new display shelf to finally display my TMNT and other toy lines from the late 80's to mid-90's for the first time in over 25 years.