75290 Mos Eisley Cantina (Master Builder Series)

Reaction score
Leaked photos have made their way online this week! (A quick Google search will get you there if you haven't seen them)

IMO, this set may take the prize as one of the very best in the entire LEGO Star Wars theme. A proper cantina set has long been on my (and many others') wish list, and it looks like it delivers. An official reveal is imminent, as one of the leaks indicates it will be available from Sep. 16 for VIP members.

Thoughts on this set?

Reaction score
I'm calling it right now. This is the greatest SW Lego set ever made...and I haven't even seen inside yet. This went above and beyond my expectations.

Lego has been striking hard and fast with absurdly expensive sets, be it Diagon Alley for Potter or the new Haunted House Drop Ride for their amusement park subline, and now this. I'm broke as a joke anymore, so I was holding out for THIS...and it does not disappoint. I think I'm sincerely going to pull the trigger on this one, $350 and all.

The figures included are IMPRESSIVE. My biggest concern was that they'd skimp out of cantina aliens. Really they didn't...for the most part. It's got way more than I expected:

- Ponda Baba AKA Walrus Man: Kind of shocking this is the first time we're getting him.
- Dr. Evazan: If you have Ponda, you've got to have his boy.
- Garindan (Imperial Spy): At first I thought it was Vader, but quickly realized. I love that they're including aspect of all of Mos Eisley.
- Momaw Nadon AKA Hammerhead (Ithorian): The Ithorian head already existed so I ASSUMED he'd be in here. I was quite shocked he wasn't in the last cantina set to begin with.
- Libria (Devaronian): I am super happy this guy is included as it's one I've always considered a stand out.
- Wuher (Bartender): Fairly inevitable since included in the last cantina.
- Greedo: Shoo-in.
- Bith Musicians: I'd rather have had two more over the droids, but they were also a shoo-in as they've been prior made.
- Kabe (Chandra-Fan): Probably my biggest surprise. Great re-use of the Manbat/Vampire bat headpiece.
- Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurin): People probably won't believe me, but I predicted this one simply because it's an easy repurpose of the Bossk head as really Saurin's are basically just mini Trandoshans.
- Jawa: Seemed inevitable.

Now I hope we get more cantina characters down the road...but there are some pretty easy characters we can make on our own out of existing pieces.

BoShek would just be the latest A-Wing Pilot legs and torso, a head with sideburns, the Elvis-like pompadour hairpiece, and a generic space helmet with black visor. Lak Sivrak could be made with the brown Werewolf head from Monster Fighters, could just use any sort of generic brown Jedi robes torso, and could use either regular legs or my idea is go with the Satyr legs from the collectable minifigures line. Could make Tzizvvt out of, say, Bespin Luke body and the Fly head from the collectible minifigures. A Duros head exists, just find adequate bodies. A Talz exists, the only issue is he doesn't 100% work for Muftak as it's the Clone Wars one with a headdress, but close enough I guess. Can make the generic Space Man from the Bossk body, any head, and generic space helmet. Can anyone else think of any that could be made out of pre-existing pieces?

My biggest regret is no Snaggletooth to finish off the four Kenner vintage Cantina Aliens. I really was hoping for him as there's really no way of just making him from existing parts.

Reaction score
What a great 2020 for Lego Star Wars, especially for OT fans. First the UCS A-Wing, and four month later, Mos Eisley Cantina. The initial photographs of Mos Eisley Cantina...wow, just wow! Lego just hit back to back home runs with these two sets, and as previously stated, we haven't even seen the inside of the Cantina yet. I'm sure it's detailed with items such as the bar, seating alcoves around the inside perimeter, and a stage for the band. I have been selective on some of the larger sets lately; calling out specifically Insult (Assault) on Hoth and Fail (Betrayal) at Cloud City. Lego didn't impress me with either of these two sets; therefore, I couldn't justify the cost. Mos Eisley, however, appears to be a big win.

I am looking forward to seeing additional photographs in the next two weeks leading up to the VIP member early access. I am especially curious to see if the Cantina has hinges in the walls to open it up or is the open roof design the access point to the inside.

Reaction score
I haven't bought a Lego set since the early 00's but thinking of getting this. Is there any previously released cantina alien mini figure that's NOT in this set or would this catch me up? I'm not interested in variants, just one of each.

Reaction score
^^ This set would catch you up.

A photograph of the Cantina's interior is now available. It is good to see that the set opens up to access the inside. I like the fact that the main floor is two steps down from the main entrance, similar to the movie. Looking forward to seeing the high res photographs.

Reaction score
I mean there's a couple things you could throw in I suppose, things like a Tuskin on the outskirts or something or toss in the Skyhopper. But yes, this would be every cantina character done: both new and old...excluding dated variants of the same roles. Interior looks great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree with everything being said. This set appears to be a homerun.

Reaction score
I have never purchased a SW LEGO set...I've thought about it. I'm still considering the Death Star someday. This set....man....this has me tempted. It looks amazing.

I'm thinking of buying the Landspeeder….that seems like it would be a good first set and it's in stores so it's nice and easy to pickup right now.

Dax

Reaction score
The only criticism I have about the set (and it's a really minor one) is the lack of Snaggletooth due to the vintage heritage of the Cantina 4. I really think they should have swapped out Kabe for Snaggletooth instead but it's certainly not a deal breaker when it does everything else right.

It's now my second favourite Lego set behind the Death Star.

Reaction score
the GWP for this is said to be Yoda's lightsaber
A very nice looking brick-built version, in fact! Pics here.

I have never purchased a SW LEGO set...I've thought about it. I'm still considering the Death Star someday. This set....man....this has me tempted. It looks amazing.

I'm thinking of buying the Landspeeder….that seems like it would be a good first set and it's in stores so it's nice and easy to pickup right now.
And what a first set this would be! Luke's Landspeeder would actually be a great first set (as would Obi-Wan's hut, which is also available now).

Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to purchase LEGO sets from the LEGO Store when they offer curbside only service. Websites for locations nearest me say contact the store, but their phone numbers never pick up.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to purchase LEGO sets from the LEGO Store when they offer curbside only service. Websites for locations nearest me say contact the store, but their phone numbers never pick up.

Any ideas?
Call Lego's 800 number and tell them what is happening. Good Luck!

Reaction score
I managed to get an order in, including the Yoda's Lightsaber promo, shortly after the Cantina went live this morning (around 9:00 EST). Lucky I did, since the promo's now sold out and the Cantina is listed as temporarily out of stock.

Did anyone else get lucky?

Reaction score
I managed to get an order in, including the Yoda's Lightsaber promo, shortly after the Cantina went live this morning (around 9:00 EST). Lucky I did, since the promo's now sold out and the Cantina is listed as temporarily out of stock.

Did anyone else get lucky?
I got mine about the same time. I actually switched to the British site before it was on the US one and it was already up. I wasn't going to chance it by ordering it there so I waited and it paid off. Now to figure out where it's going to go once I build it!

Reaction score
But this set will be back in stock right? It’s not a one and done thing
it will be back, this thing will be around for at least a few years
All of these new sets sell out initially and then supply catches up with demand within a month or two
I see you are in Sacramento - the Lego Store in Roseville Galleria is open, if they didn't sell out today then it will be in stock for non-VIP members on Oct 1

Reaction score
Got my cantina order in but nothing about the lightsaber build. Shocked if it was that limited.

Reaction score
I ventured out to a Lego store and picked up The Cantina. Absolutely an incredible set.

Did get the Yoda Lightsaber as well. Awesome little extra.

I had $150 in reward dollars so it helped the wallet a little bit. I know Covid concerns are going on, and being mid-week, but it was quite empty in the store. No in store displays of finished sets...oh well.

Reaction score
I got mine about the same time. I actually switched to the British site before it was on the US one and it was already up. I wasn't going to chance it by ordering it there so I waited and it paid off. Now to figure out where it's going to go once I build it!
Is the mall mall opening up again. I wanted to go there a few weeks ago and found only the anchor stores were open.
it will be back, this thing will be around for at least a few years
All of these new sets sell out initially and then supply catches up with demand within a month or two
I see you are in Sacramento - the Lego Store in Roseville Galleria is open, if they didn't sell out today then it will be in stock for non-VIP members on Oct 1
Is the LEGO store actually back open? Last time I went to the galleria only the anchor stores were open. I was planning on checking on the Mario Starter set for my gfs kid.

I think Ill hold off on this for a while though. I have the Death Star I need to figure out how to pay for.

Reaction score
if anyone wants to unload their Yoda lightsaber let me know, I have a Bespin Duel and Death Star II Attack to offer in potential trade
I'll gladly hand off my Yoda lightsaber! I've been looking everywhere for the Bespin Duel and it's sold out! PM me here!

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any new element molds, but off the top of my head there's a crate with new printed Imperial deco, and the molded Dewback print has been updated from the prior version.