75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer

Reaction score
Hey Jeremy, or anybody else for that matter, just wondering, am I the only one that is mildly bothered by the gap running down the middle of the ship? I love the overall design, and size, but I don't understand why they couldn't have closed that gap a bit. Seems like they could have engineered that to not have a gap, or at least have a very fine one. Jeremy just wondering your take since you have one in hand? (yes I know this is nitpicking, but for the price it seems warranted. wouldn't have killed lego to throw in a darth vader and 2 stormtroopers while I'm griping, lol!)

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, this build is amazing.

Every problem from 10030 has been overcome. The accuracy has been ramped up. The detailing is amazing without being onerous (though the side strips are just as painful to get through as the original). I won't go any further in my review because I don't want to give away how LEGO is connecting the lower hull plates to the framework.

And don't worry about the dorsal seam between the two upper hull plate sections, is isn't as noticeable IRL as it is in the photos.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the original and it's still one of my favorite pieces in my collection, Lego or otherwise. I never had a huge problem with the magnet system other than when trying to move it.

Reaction score
Hey Jeremy, or anybody else for that matter, just wondering, am I the only one that is mildly bothered by the gap running down the middle of the ship? I love the overall design, and size, but I don't understand why they couldn't have closed that gap a bit. Seems like they could have engineered that to not have a gap, or at least have a very fine one. Jeremy just wondering your take since you have one in hand? (yes I know this is nitpicking, but for the price it seems warranted. wouldn't have killed lego to throw in a darth vader and 2 stormtroopers while I'm griping, lol!)
I was bothered by that too, but the LEGO store should have a display up soon if you want to inspect first hand.

Reaction score
Will these ship out when ordered or is there a waiting period, of say a month or so?

I didn’t buy the MF until after its release, so I don’t know how shipping works on an order like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I'm having second thoughts about buying this. I shouldn't spend the money, I have nowhere to put it right now, & maybe it's the lure of the double points, or that, like the Falcon I missed it the first time around, but I'm really thinking of taking a hot at this when it goes on sale tomorrow.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I checked with LEGO and this goes on sale at 8 pm GMT which is 4pm EDT.

Hope that helps.

Use the ^link^ above!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The start time has been brought forward to 3pm EDT now.

Reaction score
Is the order page not working for anyone else on Lego Shop?

Edit - Now it's working.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is the order page not working for anyone else on Lego Shop?

Edit - Now it's working.
I am VIP and logged in buy it won't show me an add-to-cart button :(

Edit - Ok now it is. Nothing to see here, move along, move along....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ordered mine, and it went very smoothly. Nothing like the debacle that was Falcon. That said, it wouldn't process my payment, so I quickly checked my e-mail to see that my card was flagged, so I just had to ok the transaction, & then re-submit my order, but that's not Lego's fault, and with the price of the item, I fully expected the bank to take precautions. Now, just have to find a place to store the box when it comes in!

Reaction score
Ordered mine, and it went very smoothly. Nothing like the debacle that was Falcon. That said, it wouldn't process my payment, so I quickly checked my e-mail to see that my card was flagged, so I just had to ok the transaction, & then re-submit my order, but that's not Lego's fault, and with the price of the item, I fully expected the bank to take precautions. Now, just have to find a place to store the box when it comes in!
You wouldn’t be smuggling in this precious cargo to avoid Mrs Bob Solo now, wouldja? ;)

Reaction score
And just received a shipping notice! I never expected them to ship out this quickly!

Last edited:
Reaction score
No Battle of Hoth Micro Build when I add the ISD to my cart as mentioned in the rebelscum front page article. Is that a regional thing outside the USA?

Reaction score
I was the ordering process for this to be just as difficult as the Falcon and I've been pleasantly surprised. I can't believe it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! I thought it would take weeks, maybe months before I'd get it. Still haven't broken the news to my wife yet....

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My excuse was always "I can either get it today or another time. Either way you know I'm going to get it, so it might as well be now" and it usually worked.

LEGO fulfillment is pretty quick and they don't do the whole pre-order thing that Funko, Hasbrolabs, Gentle Giant and Sideshow do so you know that if you can order it it'll be on its way as soon as the credit card authorising algorithm tells the warehouse robot that you're a good customer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Almost finished. It looks great, and is a fun build. I still think it is a little overpriced, but a lot of the pieces in this set are huge. I did the Big Ben set, for example, which is 4,100 pieces but the vast majority of the pieces are tiny, two stud pieces that make up the siding. You are getting a lot of bang for your buck with this set. The price makes more sense when you see it.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've finished building the Star Destroyer and am having a BBQ on Sunday to complete the Tantive IV.

BTW the set is now available to buy globally for non-VIP members.

Reaction score

Little modification on my own, added a tiny Falcon. Now they can just float away, with the rest of the garbage.

Reaction score
I had a chance to see this behemoth at my local Lego store the other day. That thing is HUGE! Pics do not do it justice. The scale of it doesn't come across well in photos.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Little modification on my own, added a tiny Falcon. Now they can just float away, with the rest of the garbage.
I'm planning on doing the same - just want to reduce the size so it's closer to scale. - a 1 x 1 round stud would do it, right?

;)

Reaction score
I finished my UCS Star Destroyer and I noticed that there isn’t much support under the nose of the ship. I feel that after some time the forward section will start to sag.

I’d like to build a simple support similar to what is already offered under the bulk of the ship, but not sure as to where to begin? Any ideas or thoughts?

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I finished my UCS Star Destroyer and I noticed that there isn’t much support under the nose of the ship. I feel that after some time the forward section will start to sag.
I've already put some pieces under the front hull to align the top deck plate. I just replicated what LEGO did with the lower hull plates at the bow.

I’d like to build a simple support similar to what is already offered under the bulk of the ship, but not sure as to where to begin? Any ideas or thoughts?
Do you mean extend the base? LEGO originally designed and built this set a couple of years ago and sag tested it for 6 months and nothing happened, so I don't think that it'll be a worry. Jens is quite proud of the fact that Henrik and the Technic team overcame the issue of the sagging hull and infrastructure.

Reaction score
I've already put some pieces under the front hull to align the top deck plate. I just replicated what LEGO did with the lower hull plates at the bow.

Do you mean extend the base? LEGO originally designed and built this set a couple of years ago and sag tested it for 6 months and nothing happened, so I don't think that it'll be a worry. Jens is quite proud of the fact that Henrik and the Technic team overcame the issue of the sagging hull and infrastructure.
Maybe not so much extend the base, but build a smaller, separate base that will support the bow.