75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer

Reaction score
Shared via their Twitter account earlier today, LEGO have released a teaser trailer for a new Star Wars set that is due to be revealed on September 5th.

The 11 second clip is set in a depicts a number of rooms in a typical household with a triangular show on the wall being cast, while the Imperial March plays in the background.

There are a number of props in the scene that may or may not be clues to t he nature of the set. Cast your mind back to the promotional campaign for 75192 Millennium Falcon and you'll recall all kinds of Easter eggs and cryptic reveals - with a reveal date less than a week away we haven't got time for a cunning trail of teasers.

And while neither the video nor the post's attached text specifically mentions a set number or name it's being taken that this is the much rumoured Imperial Star Destroyer re-release that has been making the rounds for the last few weeks.

Reaction score
Haha...."mystery set" :grin:

Can't wait for the official reveal! I hope this version of the UCS Star Destroyer gets a fair amount of interior detailing and minifigures.

Dax

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this. I've always found previous SD Lego sets to be rather dull aesthetically. A giant grey triangle is just not that visually appealing to me in Lego. I've always wanted more of a playset like the Death Star with a Bridge set with all 6 bounty hunters, meditation/hologram chamber, Gunner station, hanger bay, etc. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised this time around!

Reaction score
Only to make it hover over the scale Jedha City display base.

Reaction score
This should be an exciting next 7 - 10 days. We'll get to see the UCS ISD (for which I have high hopes, and believe there is room to improve on 10030), and we should also get the reveal for this year's Winter Village set.

Reaction score
I’m turning into a grumpy old man. I don’t get the ‘excitement’ generated by Lego releasing an ad that doesn’t say anything.

Reaction score
I’m turning into a grumpy old man. I don’t get the ‘excitement’ generated by Lego releasing an ad that doesn’t say anything.
We are all GOM here! The ad itself isn't exciting. It's just that it gives people the date for the press release for the new set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can’t take my role. Get off my lawn.
I don’t have a SD yet, this may be the one.

Reaction score
You can’t take my role. Get off my lawn.
I don’t have a SD yet, this may be the one.
I remember seeing the first UCS Star Destroyer at Toys R Us. I didn't buy it because I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Reaction score
Leaked images from a LEGO brand store in France are up.

Dax

Reaction score
No interior, just a big grey wedge :( Sure, it's a great representation of the Star Destroyer but to me Lego is about the cool features and how things can be fun. If I want a great representation of the vehicle I'll just build the Zvezda large scale model kit.

Kind of a relief though, I can save some money now :)

Reaction score
It's crazy that this will probably (at least initially) sell out, meanwhile, it came down to the last week to fund the Khetanna with people griping about how it was too big and too expensive. This will be almost the same size (and you have to put it together)!

Reaction score
I bought the Falcon, even though I currently have no room for it, because it looks awesome, I only had the smaller regular version, and it had some cool interior designs as well. This looks cool, but at that size and price point, I just can't do it, at least not now. The smaller version I bought that came out a few years back will have to do.

Now, if this set sticks around for a couple of years, then maybe I'll go for it if things change where I could have the money and room for it, but not now.

Reaction score
Double VIP points through the first weekend available to VIP members.

Reaction score
Make sure there is an accessible affiliate link for rebelscum.

Reaction score
Seems really over priced for the piece count. for $100 more could get the Falcon which has almost 3000 pieces more.

I get the price would have gone up from 17 years ago, but piece count only went up by like 1000 pieces but retail went up by like $300, a size wise it isn't that much bigger, at least width wise went from like 23" to the 26"

Maybe I'm a little bit bitter as yes we all knew this was coming but would so love much more new UCS sets from an A-Wing, Tie Bomber, to name a few.

Reaction score
Just got notification that mine is coming, so expect a photo review on Sept 18th (or thereabouts).

Can't wait!

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ thanks :D Now I feel like a tool. And there's no fixing that because it's my own fault!

Reaction score
I don't get the price point on this. Typically set sell for 10 cents per piece (or thereabout). The latest round of SW sets (20th anniversary) came in a little higher, but this set doesn't open, has no interior or apparent moving parts, and only comes with two minifigures, and they are kind of blah in my opinion. At $500, I mi have at least considered it. At this price, I'm out. For those that are excited about this, I am certainly happy for you, but I just don't see it from this set...

Reaction score
I don't get the price point on this. Typically set sell for 10 cents per piece (or thereabout). The latest round of SW sets (20th anniversary) came in a little higher, but this set doesn't open, has no interior or apparent moving parts, and only comes with two minifigures, and they are kind of blah in my opinion. At $500, I mi have at least considered it. At this price, I'm out. For those that are excited about this, I am certainly happy for you, but I just don't see it from this set...

The price point is high on this one, even after you factor in the typical Star Wars tax. I am also disappointed about the included minifigs for a set of this caliber (and price).

That said I will probably end up getting it because I do not have the original.

Reaction score
The price point is high on this one, even after you factor in the typical Star Wars tax. I am also disappointed about the included minifigs for a set of this caliber (and price).

That said I will probably end up getting it because I do not have the original.
Same, never had the earlier versions so likely getting this one, probably for the holidays.

Reaction score
10030 is one of my all-time favorite sets. With that said, this new set looks AMAZING! The new technic inner frame is supposed to address the sagging issues and the new design is sleeker (longer and not as tall). Even though it’s one of my favorite sets, I always felt the back half of 10030 was a bit chunky. I’m glad the extra 1688 pieces was put towards making it more screen accurate and detailed as opposed to adding an interior or playset features, although I can do without the two included figures.

As for the price, it’s a bit high but I do know this was priced according to weight as opposed to piece count. I can be patient and wait until a good discount appears. I’ll probably sell my 10030 to fund this new set as I don’t have the space for both. For now, it’s sitting in my coffee table that I bought specifically for the new UCS Falcon that I have yet to build.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sat here looking sat the box and it's just as big as the UCS Falcon's, but the piece count is ~2700 less for the ISD.

So I checked the weight and the ISD, at 13.6 kg, is around a can of soda lighter than the UCS Falcon (13.9 kg) which tells me that the ISD is made up of lots of large pieces and the Falcon was lots of small pieces.

The piece:price ratio was never the greatest yard stick, so maybe the better way would be price:weight instead. Accordingly you are going to spend 0.051 cents per gram on 75282 and 0.057 cents per gram for 75192, making the new Imperial Star destroyer slightly more reasonable in price.

[Caveat: I'm terrible at math so I might have got the calculation back to front]

The best way, I expect, to compare apples and oranges would be do so with the stud count.

Reaction score
Price/weight is definitely a better measurement of value, albeit not-so-easily-obtainable.

There are a few additional considerations I'd throw into overall valuation of a set (minifigures, stickers vs. printed elements, etc.).

Still.....there's just something about the Star Destroyer that doesn't scream "$700 set" to me. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in person, but as of right now I have no plans to get it.

Reaction score
Today is the day I start building this - so excited I woke up at 430am, as excited as a 4 year old on Christmas morning.

I've got three mates coming over later on to help put it together - burgers, beers and bricks!

Reaction score
Not while it is D2C, but after 3 or 6 months it'll get moved to general retail and you might see some discounts then.

The UCS Falcon has been out on shelves for over a year and I've yet to see a significant sale.

So in all honesty, the chances are low.

Reaction score
Not while it is D2C, but after 3 or 6 months it'll get moved to general retail and you might see some discounts then.

The UCS Falcon has been out on shelves for over a year and I've yet to see a significant sale.

So in all honesty, the chances are low.

Probably the best "deal" you could get would be to buy it during double VIP points...

Reaction score
I'd hazard a guess that this set is a lot more likely to see discounts than the UCS Millennium Falcon, simply because general interest among AFOLs seems lower. Retailers will have more stock on hand a year from now and will need to move it somehow.

It's a gamble though. If you really love the set, I wouldn't risk waiting too long for a sale.

Last edited: