75251 Darth Vader's Castle

Reaction score
Just revealed on The Star Wars Show! An Amazon exclusive, available for preorder beginning tomorrow (October 3).

This is a cool surprise!

Reaction score
The outer design looks good but I'm not a fan of the midi/micro scale sets we have been getting recently.
It would have to have been almost double the piece count (similar to Orthanc) for it to be even close to system scale. It's another pass for me unfortunately.

Reaction score
Up on the front page too, with pics that SW.com/TSWS doesn't have yet:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_75251_Darth_Vaders_Castle_Announced_182043.asp

First glimpsed in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and now featuring in a story arc in Marvel's Darth Vader comic books, this imposing edifice has been given the LEGO treatment in 1,060 pieces.

This set is an Amazon exclusive and is going to start taking pre-orders from October 4th and will cost US$129.99. There is currently no word if it will be available through LEGO.com but it is expected that it will be. A release date has not been announced - expect to have this confirmed via Amazon when their pre-order page goes live.

Boasting a hanger and a midi-scale TIE Advanced, a holocron chamber, a weapons store, bacta tank, meditation chamber with a micro hologrammatic Emperor and a gunner's station, Darth Vader's retreat is an estimated 17" (43 cm) tall!

As a special treat the set comes with not one but two Darth Vader minifigs - one in his black armour and new one that clearly needs a long soak in a hot tub of bacta - a pair of Royal Guards and an Imperial Transport Pilot. This last minifig is also a new one and comes from a character only seen in the immersive Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire VR experience which is currently touring the US now.

You can view the grand reveal on the The Star Wars Show channel on Youtube. Expect to see more of this set - and other LEGO coverage - in our New York ComicCon reportage.

Reaction score
Updated with the product description:

Set the scene for action on planet Mustafar with LEGO Star Wars 75251 Darth Vader’s Castle! This building set of Vader’s mysterious stronghold features lots of great details, including a brick-built lava flow, an underground hangar with mouse droid and docking station, ancient Sith shrine with holocron, racks for extra ammunition, and secret compartments hiding more Sith relics. The hangar also houses a buildable TIE Advanced Fighter model with stud shooters and space to sit the Darth Vader minifigure. There’s also a bacta tank, Darth Vader’s meditation chamber with holographic communication unit, and a meeting platform at the top with a defensive stud-shooter cannon. As well as classic Darth Vader, the set also includes a bacta tank version of the Dark Lord, plus 2 Royal Guards and an Imperial Transport Pilot.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader, Darth Vader (bacta tank), 2 Royal Guards and an Imperial Transport Pilot.
  • Features Darth Vader’s Castle and a buildable version of Vader’s TIE Advanced Fighter.
  • Underground hangar with mouse droid and docking station, ancient Sith shrine with holocron, racks for extra ammunition, Sith relics, secret compartments hiding a lightsaber handle and a red kyber crystal element, plus space for Vader’s TIE Advanced Fighter.
  • Castle also features a side access door, opening bacta tank, a hook for Lord Vader’s cape, meditation chamber with space for a minifigure and holographic communication unit, plus a circular meeting area at the top with a defensive stud-shooter cannon.
  • TIE Advanced Fighter features 2 stud shooters and an opening minifigure cockpit.
  • Weapons include Darth Vader’s red lightsaber, the Imperial Transport Pilot’s blaster pistol and the Royal Guards’ Force pikes.
  • Darth Vader’s Castle Star Wars building set measures over 16” (41cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 9” (23cm) deep.
  • TIE Advanced Fighter measures over 2” (6cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 3” (9cm) long.

Reaction score
PRE ORDER NOW
click on screen cap to go to shop@home

Reaction score
Pretty awesome set. Wish they included the meeting area with Director Krennic.

Reaction score
Pretty awesome set. Wish they included the meeting area with Director Krennic.
If only someone made a compatible construction you that consists of modular bricks which would allow you to build your own. If only... ;)

Reaction score
Immediate buy. It's just awesome looking and will display great.
I could do without the mini-tie, but it is a toy to play with right?

It really reminds me of the 2012 9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor. That was EU as well, from the TOR MMO. Great design = great lego set.

Also, this is kinda a good example of what a Yavin 4 Massassi Temple Rebel Base could look like if they ever decide to release one. Just swap out beige for black and a mini-xwing for the tie.... and make it TWICE as big!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would absolutely LOVE to see a Yavin 4 rebel base set. Honestly, at this point it’s one of the few major OT locations to be represented in Lego form.

Reaction score
I would absolutely LOVE to see a Yavin 4 rebel base set.
I'd say Vader's Castle has increased the chances of it getting made dramatically, especially knowing that it was one of the earliest planned playsets and next year is the 20th anniversary.

Reaction score
Not something I can see myself buying — but this is a very cool and rather unexpected set. I suspect it will do rather well. I hope it does, actually... as I would love to see a Death Star Cross section done this way. Or better yet, the Lars Homestead or Mos Eisley Cantina.... I like the multi-floor design. The height is really pretty damn cool.

Reaction score
Not something I can see myself buying — but this is a very cool and rather unexpected set. I suspect it will do rather well. I hope it does, actually... as I would love to see a Death Star Cross section done this way. Or better yet, the Lars Homestead or Mos Eisley Cantina.... I like the multi-floor design. The height is really pretty damn cool.
Love your suggestions - keep an eye out for the next poll on the front page!

Reaction score
Yavin would also be very cool. A rerelease of Ceremonial Leia with an ACCURATE headpiece would be amazing...

Reaction score
I can't think of another set that is micro scale on the outside and system scale on the inside. I want to like it because Vaders castle is awesome but this set is just so odd. The scale is a huge negative for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm soooo tickled at the order the last two posts came in - The Might Jabba and Hutt. Only on Rebelscum!

Reaction score
it looks too simple don'y you think? Maybe there should be UCS versions of these environments...

Reaction score
I will probably pick this up eventually after catching up on some Solo sets. I wish it had an area to show the Rogue One scene with Krennic.

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those on the fence; this does qualify for the current 2x VIP points promotion (there are also Han Solo Mudtrooper minifigures included as of this posting!).

Reaction score
I wasn't interested in this at all. However, having just read a review of this and seen some pictures... it's become a must have.

Reaction score
Just got my shipping confirmation yesterday! I should have this baby in-hand in just a few days.

Reaction score
Wow, this is a cool build.

The lava fall is the first step and it's very evocative, and though the build starts out slowly and seems to be quite small, it gets big rapidly. The ten bags fly by as the fortress soars.

It took me 2.5-ish hours to put together.

Reaction score
Wow, this is a cool build.

The lava fall is the first step and it's very evocative, and though the build starts out slowly and seems to be quite small, it gets big rapidly. The ten bags fly by as the fortress soars.

It took me 2.5-ish hours to put together.
Congrats!
I wanna buy it for myself as a X-mas present ( :) ), is it worth its money?

Reaction score
Oh, 100%! The LSW playsets have been top notch this year, and this is the pinnacle set.

Affiliate shopping links (proceeds help Rebelscum bring uptodate news):

LEGO shop@home - $129.99

Amazon.com - $129.99

Reaction score
Got mine today from Amazon's recent $40 off sale. Looking forward to the build sometime after the holidays.

Reaction score
Currently £30 off on amazon.co.uk so I'm considering a Christmas present to myself... the Sandcrawler is the same.

Reaction score
So I bought Vader's Castle at the reduced $90 but Amazon shipped it without an outer box to protect it. The Lego box is crushed and torn with shipping labels stuck on all sides. Doesn't look like this is going to be a Christmas gift. Amazon sucks and I just want my money back. Too bad, for $40 less, it was a good price.

Reaction score
So I bought Vader's Castle at the reduced $90 but Amazon shipped it without an outer box to protect it. The Lego box is crushed and torn with shipping labels stuck on all sides. Doesn't look like this is going to be a Christmas gift. Amazon sucks and I just want my money back. Too bad, for $40 less, it was a good price.

That was an issue in many of the early reviews. When buying it on the same sale price I made sure to check the box during checkout to have it packed in an Amazon shipping box.

Reaction score
That was an issue in many of the early reviews. When buying it on the same sale price I made sure to check the box during checkout to have it packed in an Amazon shipping box.
When this was ordered, it said frustration free packaging. This means a recyclable package without clips/ties etc. It didn't say ships in own packaging. I am definitely more frustrated by this.

Why does Amazon think people want items sent without an Amazon box? They are so cheap when they want to be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got mine from Amazon during the same sale, and it came shipped packed tightly in the original LEGO shipping box, which had the Amazon address labels stuck on it.