75244 Tantive IV

Reaction score
Per brickshow.com, https://brickshow.com/2019/04/new-lego-star-wars-tantive-iv-75244-slated-for-may-the-4th! Looks cool, but I am really hoping for a UCS star destroyer for this fall. Can anyone at celebration confirm, or has it been mentioned?

[EDIT: pic removed until after embargo as a precaution - check the front page later this afternoon!]

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Tantive-75244?CMP=EMC-VIP2019_04_12_Tantive_Announcement_EN_US&HQS=Text_CTA_NA_EN&RRID=132787993&RMID=VIP_2019_04_12_Tantive_Announcement_NA

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing has been revealed about the supposed 75422 Tantive IV, but there's a reveal coming up in the 20A panel at 1:30.

Reaction score
Another one I can save money on. I have the Tantive IV that was released 8-9 years ago, and this one doesn't look all that different from the previous version.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Own an iconic Rebel blockade runner—Tantive IV!

Build, play and display a legendary Star Wars™ starship! This LEGO® Star Wars75244 interpretation of Tantive IV, seen fleeing from an Imperial Star Destroyer in the opening moments of Star Wars: A New Hope , faithfully recreates all of the Rebel cruiser’s signature details, including an elongated hull, detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold and 11 massive engines at the back. Remove the hull plating of this fantastic LEGO Star Wars vehicle to reveal a detailed 2-minifigure ****pit, conference area with table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats. The radar dish also doubles as a convenient carry handle, which makes it perfect for flying around the room. When the mission is over, this amazing kids’ buildable toy also makes a great centerpiece for any LEGO Star Wars collection. The set also includes 5 minifigures and an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.

• Includes 5 LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures: Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, C-3PO and a Rebel Fleet Trooper, plus an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
  • Tantive IV LEGO® Star Wars™ construction toy features a radar that doubles as a carry handle, 2 detachable escape pods with space for a minifigure inside, opening cargo hold and removable cargo box, opening 2-minifigure ****pit, rotating and elevating stud-shooting turrets on top and 2 spring-loaded shooters underneath. The top hull detaches to reveal a detailed interior including a conference table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats for the minifigures.
  • Weapons include a blaster pistol and 3 blasters.
  • Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars.
  • Captain Antilles minifigure is an updated version from 2009, while Princess Leia’s skirt and Bail Organa are new for April 2019.
  • This highly detailed building toy construction set includes over 1,750 pieces.
  • Recreate amazing moments from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hopeor play out your own exciting adventures!
  • LEGO® Star Wars™ starship measures over 5” (14cm) high, 24” (62cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €219.99 – DK 1799DKK – AUD $329.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

[HR][/HR]

Reaction score
just placed my order for the Tantive IV and got the exclusive mini Battle of Hoth set as well. Can't wait for this set. The Rebel Blockade Runner is one of my favorite Rebel Ships. I remember being in awe of it from way back in 1977 when the ship 1st graced the big screen in Star Wars

Reaction score
I wasn't so convinced about this set, even after all the promotional pictures and comparison to previous versions....

BUT....

Seeing it in person at the Lego Store changed my mind, and I squealed like a little pleasure piggy when I picked it up.

GNT

Reaction score
Nice looking set, very pricey but what a neat display piece it'd be.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In case you missed it on the front page...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fed Ex delivered mine to who knows where. Hopefully the driver can retrace his steps well!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Brickstuff is planning a light kit for the Tantive IV already.

I fitted some of their lights to my UCS Falcon and it was pretty straightforward. Be good to get the engines of the Tantive IV blazing!

Reaction score
Brickstuff is planning a light kit for the Tantive IV already.

I fitted some of their lights to my UCS Falcon and it was pretty straightforward. Be good to get the engines of the Tantive IV blazing!
So how do those light kits work? Do you have to install them as part of the initial build or can you just retrofit them later?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I built mine today. Not a bad build, it’s sturdy. I wish had it had some sort of stand so it’s not resting on cannons and whatever that loudspeaker thing towards the back is supposed to be.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure one of the companies that make perspex stands, like Wicked Bricks, will come up with something. (Laser Labs seem to have disappeared a few months ago.)

Personally I'd like to make a cradle out of Technic lift arms, a bit like Efferman's vertical stand.

Reaction score

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure one of the companies that make perspex stands, like Wicked Bricks, will come up with something. (Laser Labs seem to have disappeared a few months ago.)

Personally I'd like to make a cradle out of Technic lift arms, a bit like Efferman's vertical stand.
I just finished this one I found on Rebrickable and just went to photograph it. The pic below isn't my one - scroll past to find out why I did't get to shoot it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! My Captain Antilles minifig has disappeared! This set has been on a shelf, untouched, since I built and photographed it back in May. I can't figure out the how/when/why or possibly who :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! My Captain Antilles minifig has disappeared! This set has been on a shelf, untouched, since I built and photographed it back in May. I can't figure out the how/when/why or possibly who :(
Psst... it was Vader ;)

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks - ordered a new one so I can get a little feature on displaying LEGO sets written up. Should take a couple of weeks to get here because the Pacific is so wide.

Reaction score
I finished this build last weekend, and then spent two hours trying to redesign the radar dish. I have no idea what they were going for with the original build, but it was awful and made no sense.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I finished this build last weekend, and then spent two hours trying to redesign the radar dish. I have no idea what they were going for with the original build, but it was awful and made no sense.
At a guess, it was the incorporation of the handle that was first and foremost in their mind.