75222 Betrayal At Cloud City

It's been 15 years in the making, has LEGO come up with a set you want?

• Yes - I'll get this for my collection!

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Maybe - but I'll be modding it.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Meh - only worth it for the minfigs.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No - it doesn't appeal to me.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Reaction score
It's very surprising that it's pretty much even for people who want this set and people that don't. I'm not getting one but that's because I'm more of a vehicle person than playset.

GNT

Reaction score
Not sure if I'll purchase this one but it does look nice, I wouldn't mind expanding some of the areas though.

Reaction score
They have this in my local lego store now (Leeds, UK)... having looked at it closely, I think it will be a pass for me.

Reaction score
They have this in my local lego store now (Leeds, UK)... having looked at it closely, I think it will be a pass for me.
Any chance of a photo to illustrate a front page post?

Reaction score
They have this build up on display in my local lego store now. Having seen it in person rather than pictures... I really want it! I wasn’t bothered beforehand.

Reaction score
They have this build up on display in my local lego store now. Having seen it in person rather than pictures... I really want it! I wasn’t bothered beforehand.

Same here. I had no intention to jump on this Cloud City set until I saw it on display at a Lego store this week. Ordered it after I got home with the expiring double VIP points promotion.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any good mods for this set? I'm going to build it over Christmas break but I'd be interested in seeing any tweaks, especially if there's one that moves the landing pad out and fills in that quarter of the set more.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any good mods for this set? I'm going to build it over Christmas break but I'd be interested in seeing any tweaks, especially if there's one that moves the landing pad out and fills in that quarter of the set more.

I've been waiting/hoping for Blocks magazine to put out Cloud City mods like you describe. They did a great job publishing a series of mods for the UCS Falcon.

Reaction score
Mine got finished yesterday and I have to say two things - no photograph does it justice and it's a lot bigger than you think.

Sure do - the newly launched Brick Fanatics Magazine has a mod for the base in it, and the website has one for the carbon freeze chamber.
Is the mod for the base pretty extensive? Does it have instructions or just pictures of the end result?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't seen it - you'll need to get a copy of the magazine I'm afraid.

Reaction score
I built both ships today as well as the carbon freeze chamber while home recovering from a virus in the upper respiratory system. I was not impressed with the chamber after having built the separate play set from a few years ago. I really like the cloud car although we only have the original version from the 90s (I think) to compare it too. The Slave I was a nice tight build, probably fits the play set well but lacks much. The cannons do not rotate, there is no place for carbon frozen Han, and the cockpit is barely big enough for Fett.
I would rather they had provided an option to connect in the carbon freezing set better as some sort of modular build and skipped the Slave I, especially since we get one about every third year.
One things for sure, a Falcon is not landing anytime soon unless it is that micro fighter version.