75204 Sandspeeder

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The centre of much confusion and controversy, this odd Kenner throwback is starting to be seen in the wild.

Known facts:

minifigs: two
price - $29.99

Tentative facts:

Target retailer exclusive

It has a DCPI of 204-00-0294 so if you know how to look these up you can check your nearest Target for availability.

News posts:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_75204_Sandspeeder_Hands_On_Review_176443.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_75204_Sandspeeder_First_Look_176336.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_75204_Sandspeeder_Substantiated_176297.asp

Reaction score
Was just told by a target stocker the official release date is 11-26. They had them in the back but wouldn't bring one out for me.
I went to my local Target last night, asked an employee and he said "It has a 'set' date of November 26th, but no actual 'street' date. I can get you you one out of the back". He proceeded to go to the stock room and brought one out for me! It appears to be a nice enough set, although I haven't opened it yet. I will likely do so this weekend. At $30 for 276 pieces, it is pretty much in line, price-wise, with the other Star Wars sets.

Reaction score
Will this have a regular release outside of the US? This set looks very interesting and even though I only have a few SW Lego sets and I'm mainly into Hasbro and Hot Toys, this is so cool and the price is nice as well, I'd really like to get it.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm betting a solid 100% yes, but where?

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Bit of trivia in case anyone is interested- the red helmet is identical to John D (Red 4) from ANH and the other helmet is the one Rey wears briefly in TFA. There are now only two remaining OT X-wing helmets that Lego hasn't done- Red Leader and Gold 5.

Reaction score
Picked this up this week and used the 10% off Lego Star Wars coupon given away a few weeks ago, which stacked with the 20% off sale.

Reaction score
I just picked up this set today. It was a fun build. Growing up this was about the size of LEGO set that was at our price limit for a gift. I wish it had a better adversary than a snake though. Maybe a sand person or two.
i am going to have to dig out my UCS Hoth snowspeeder and compare the build. I like the inflexible wings but think the grapple could have been better.

Reaction score
This is an curious set. I still don’t get where it’s from? Is it really just inspired by Kenner? If so, that is interesting as well as mighty weird.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a Lego Original - LFL has given LEGO a certain amount of flexibility to bring a fresh look to the license. They aren't considered canon for the most part.

Reaction score
I think that's an old Kenner concept:

The similarity is just too big.

Reaction score
I just came here to say how awesome this vehicle is. I would love to get something like this in TVC, though I hate that it's put on Jakku. Can't stand the new movies, would much rather see this thing on some OT desert planet, maybe even Tatooine, though that seems too obvious. Either way, it's a great ship design by Lego. Love the colors, fins and features.