50th Anniversary line / Toy Fair 2014

Reaction score
It has been confirmed that there will be new G.I. Joe product for the 50th Anniversary, and some kind of reveal will happen at Toy Fair.

What are you guys hoping to see? I want some of those 'vault' figures! Ultimate Gung-Ho, Destro, and v2 Storm Shadow are all high on my wish-list.

Reaction score
I'm in for all of the vault figures. Destro and Gung-Ho looked great. I can't get enough Ninjas so bring them on. Really liked that repaint of the Joe trooper.
Really hoping that they will be doing an Ultimate line. Would like to see an Ultimate Serpantor and Ultimate Cobra Laa figures.

Reaction score
all I have ever wanted is to see the rest of the characters I want made in 25th style. and maybe some of the earlier 25th redone.

Reaction score
Well IMO it would be nice to see some Classic Joes updated to today's sculpt. I really could use a break from the Movie Looks of the characters.
Keel haul looked great as some others. One figure I'm really after is Gung-Ho in dress Blues, mainly for customs. But I'm sure others would buy him too...

Also like to see an updated Cover Girl. I know we just got one in those CP's, but I always felt it was off somehow. And she would look great if done today, barring a reuse of an 8 year old mold... I wouldn't mind if they redid some Street Fighter figures as well. And isn't it time for a Sgt. Slaughter resculpt!?

I really like the updates to Sci-Fi, Law & Order etc. but I was never even able to find them! So it would be nice if Hasbro found a way to get this stuff to the masses!

Reaction score
I say bring on the vault figures too but I'd also like to see them take a stab at some 1/12 scale Joes but only with the same quality as Han, Greedo and company. They could release waves of four with 3 Joes and 1 cobra. And add more detail to the figures. I don't want, say, Rock N Roll to just look like a larger version of ARAH or the 25th sculpt. Beef him up with extra gear, harness, pack and weapons like the 12" Sideshow version but no soft goods of course.

Reaction score
I have a feeling Hasbro will be showing more 12" product instead of 3.75" figures. I would love to see an ultimate line and the vault figures get released. I really hope they sell the line right and stop the reships and carry forwards.

Id love to see a silver mirage motorcycle, Dress Blues Gung Ho and all new updated version of the Dreadnok Thunder Machine as well as figures from Renegades (that we didn't get)

Reaction score
Also want the wolf van released from renegades. I'd even love to see a 3.75" line from Sigma 6, more figures from Resolute, Xamot & Tomax in business suits and more of the MASK crossover figures....Miles mayhem would be an awesome addition to the ranks of Cobra.

Id really be be psyched to see a retail line of Transformers/G.I. Joe where Joe and Cobra vehicles actually transform to Autobots and decepticons.

Also so a re-release of the Shuttle Defiant!

Reaction score
Miles Mayhem would be an awesome addition to the ranks of Cobra.
I totally forgot about MASK, Mayham would be cool to have!

DarkArtist said:
I'd really be be psyched to see a retail line of Transformers/G.I. Joe where Joe and Cobra vehicles actually transform to Autobots and Decepticons.
Yes, that would be cool! I had always dreamt about that as a Kid.

Reaction score
I need more ninjas and zombies. That's all anyone REALLY needs, if you ask me.

A zombie ninja would just probably pop a vessel in my brain...

Reaction score
I just really, really need my new joes to be SA and beyond with the wrists and ankles and all.

oh and $#17loads of accessories.

Reaction score
I just really, really need my new joes to be SA and beyond with the wrists and ankles and all.

oh and $#17loads of accessories.

yeah that what really scares me with Hasbro lately.... what if the recent offerings from Hasbro with their 5 POA system starting with Iron Man 3 and then the figures from the Joe vehicle line and now with Star Wars I'd be afraid that Hasbro would drop both articulation and accessories in favor of making a more affordable 5.99 figure.

guess we'll see what's in the cards for G.I. Joe next week.

Reaction score
I would be giddy but all the 5poa lines are dismally foreshadowing indeed. I think they already "fixed" the 5 poa driver issue and listened.

I fully expect a premium line with a bigger pricetag featuring some of the vault figures and by premium I mean that semi-sarcastically while pointing at the 4" star wars "black series" line.

Reaction score
Was there a new press release, or is this from the article stating there would be a "spotlight on JOE"?

Reaction score
6" and the concept case stuff is all I want at this point.

That is what I want to see too! But, I have a bad feeling that all we will see are updates to 12-inch figures. It is the 50th anniversary of G.i. Joe but not 3 3/4 inch Joes. If they go the 12-inch route instead of the awesome possibilities for 6" figures or the concept case figures that should promptly put the nail in the Joe coffin at retail. I hope I am wrong, but there was supposed to be that whole 30th anniversary line which never really materialized. We got most of those figures, but not in any special anniversary packaging.

Reaction score
Then I'd half-expect 4" versions of old 12" versions the way things have been going.

That would be fun... especially on really vintage joe 12" style box/package cardbacks...

It's fun to make things up, isn't it?

Reaction score
i'd love to see a retro looking 3.75" line featuring classic Joe's from the 60's 12" line done over again in 3.75" scale with retro boxs instead of blister cards... that would be neat.

I really hope Hasbro just releases everything from the vault as well as prototypes from ROC, POC, Retaliation, 25th, ARAH etc...

I'd love to see an updated 3.75" William the Fridge Perry figure.

I'd be shocked if Hasbro actually gives us the Zombie line in full...i mean let's face the facts here...The Walking Dead is one of the top TV shows and to have a 3.75" Zombie line from Joe verse would be a no brainer...

i'd really love it if the actual The Walking Dead figures made a move to 3.75" catagory. I'd love to get a few of these to blend in my Joe Universe

Reaction score
From ToyFair:

TRU exclusive 3.75" 2packs, Low Light vs, Night Viper. Snow Job Vs Artic BAT, Blowtorch Vs Heat Viper, Cobra Tropper and Cobra Viper Officer. and more.

Vehicle packs include Snow Wolf and arctic skyhawk and Vamp MKII with Flint and Urban Night Landing Raft with Cobra Ell.

Reaction score
The fact they're all TRU exclusives worries me, but glad we're getting something rather then nothing. Betting that Destro, Leather Neck, and HEAT Viper are all 'vault' figures, which I'll be happy to buy. No Gung-Ho though?:'(

Really wish they'd release these 'vault' figures on classic card backs though. Since it's all exclusive to TRU, would have been easy for them to do a couple waves of single carded Joes. Regardless, I see plenty in those lists that I'll be buying.

Reaction score
Ouch, the lack of Gung-Ho is upsetting, but I'm ecstatic over the rest! I don't mind that they're TRU exclusives, except for the price....that will hurt and hurt big. On the other hand TRU exclusives travel, and it might mean I'll actually see this up here.

Reaction score
The fact they're all TRU exclusives worries me, but glad we're getting something rather then nothing. Betting that Destro, Leather Neck, and HEAT Viper are all 'vault' figures, which I'll be happy to buy. No Gung-Ho though?:'(

Really wish they'd release these 'vault' figures on classic card backs though. Since it's all exclusive to TRU, would have been easy for them to do a couple waves of single carded Joes. Regardless, I see plenty in those lists that I'll be buying.

Ouch, the lack of Gung-Ho is upsetting, but I'm ecstatic over the rest! I don't mind that they're TRU exclusives, except for the price....that will hurt and hurt big. On the other hand TRU exclusives travel, and it might mean I'll actually see this up here.

One of the sites said, "More to be revealed" for the 2 packs. Betting one will Zartan and Gung-Ho

Reaction score
Here's a few pics, courtesy of HISStank.com. Head over there to see the rest. Super psyched to get that new Destro and Leatherneck! Think I'll pass on the Low-Light/Night-Viper set though. Already have that Low Light, and don't need a red Night Viper.

Leather-Neck-Destro-Mainframe_1392495263.jpg

Low-Light-vs-Night-Viper_1392495263.jpg

Snow-Wolf-vs-Arctic-Skyhawk_1392495263.jpg

VAMP-mkII-NLC-MkII_1392495263.jpg

Reaction score
^ LOVE the Leatherneck, Destro and Mark II VAMP. I liked the originally planned EEL better though.

Nice that they're getting some of those harder to find guys out again for those who missed him, but the troop builder + named character mix is baffling.

Reaction score
Superb - I'm also getting it all, if I can find it @ retail, that is. Based on the pics., it looks like we're also getting the highly anticipated Night Landing (Cobra raft) set, with an Eel. Very, very nice. Even though that didn't come out last year (or the year before) like it was scheduled to, hopefully we'll get it this year...

Reaction score
Awesome to see some cool looking figures. Now I can get a Lowlight with out paying $50+ on Ebay:). I regret not getting him when I first saw him but now that doesn't matter. Also Snow Job, Beachhead, and Hawk are three other figs. I can cross off the list soon. I'll be picking all of these up.

Reaction score
I was super excited about everything shown until the official press release confirmed that the regular colored Vamp MkII set was going to be an SDCC exclusive! I would have bought at least 6 of those at retail!

Reaction score
The fact they're all TRU exclusives worries me, but glad we're getting something rather then nothing.
Better than Kmart exclusives! ;)

One of the sites said, "More to be revealed" for the 2 packs. Betting one will Zartan and Gung-Ho
I hope we see Gung-Ho. He looked awesome but I'm so glad to get a proper Leatherneck finally!

Kind of surprised not to see any 6" figures though.

Last edited: