501st Legion Arc Troopers 3 Pack

Reaction score
ARC Trooper three-pack of Fives, Echo, and Jesse:

This is a really fantastic surprise, these are some of my most wanted TCW characters and the figures look great. They look like mostly new sculpts, hopefully they have the current standard of articulation.

Hopefully the pack isn't too hard to get, I think these will be pretty in-demand, especially if only Fives is getting repacked.

Reaction score
Cool set but Jesse's helmet is completely wrong, he had no rangefinder and used an original Phase 2 bucket

Reaction score
Oh that is great looking! A surprise to be sure...

Reaction score
Yeah that is a bit of surprise and an awesome set! It's nice to finally see stuff like this coming out.

I just hope that it's a generic release an not something found at only Walmart.

Reaction score
I did the same thing, but I already had two whose heads could not stay on. The seller of this one assured me it has a solid head but hopefully they fixed that issue and I would still probably buy four or five, great figure. Really hoping though one of the Mandalorian figures has a pack-in Baby Yoda, the TBS 6" version is driving my OCD brain insane.
Was that a common problem with that figure? Is there a good fix for it? I thought maybe I just got unlucky but was happy just to finally have the best Vader in the scale.

Reaction score
Was that a common problem with that figure? Is there a good fix for it? I thought maybe I just got unlucky but was happy just to finally have the best Vader in the scale.
Yes, he was initially released in the Black Series Orange line as number 26, this version had the problem with the head not staying on the neck peg, he was reissued in the Blue line (Tie Fighter Pilot helmet card) as number 3 which the issue had been fixed.

Reaction score
Jesse's helmet is a bit annoying, since they could have just used the standard Phase II sculpt, but he's the one I'm least interested in, so it doesn't bother me all that much.

I'm glad they showed this set before Fives' wave went on order, I'm guessing this will be more like the Aphra pack than the Luke one.

Even though Fives has been rumoured for a while, seeing him revealed and on sale for 2020 gives me a good feeling we'll see Palpatine, not-Sate Pestage, and Rebels Ahsoka in the next three years.

Reaction score
This move does seem odd if Fives is getting a solo release, so shouldn't his spot have been for Pong Krell? lol I know that was never going to happen.
I'm just a bit curious why repeat when you could have put Dogma, or almost any other Clone in there? Heck even a made up one!

That said it's still a great set and plan to buy it, given that it's on Pulse it might even be easier than Walmart. Although sometimes even Pulse has issues when releasing very popular characters.

I love the idea of these 3-pks because it's not like we need all three individually carded, IMO. Though I'm sure they will eventually just like the Luke set.
While this is a bit unique with the characters, it would be nice to see it continued with Republic Commandos etc.

Getting back to Pong Krell though, I don't see why it couldn't have been done with him in there instead of Fives. This set is likely going to be $50 anyways for a 3peat, unlike the Luke set where it was 3 different sculpts. So for this it could have been 2 repeats and 1 unique sculpt. I will say that given this set finally being released I have absolutely zero hope for Krell now... 😞

Reaction score
This is awesome that we are finally getting ARC Trooper Fives. We're almost at the finish line this is not the time to freeze up. He'll be on our shelves soon enough.

Reaction score
Yes, he was initially released in the Black Series Orange line as number 26, this version had the problem with the head not staying on the neck peg, he was reissued in the Blue line (Tie Fighter Pilot helmet card) as number 3 which the issue had been fixed.
Hmm. The Tie helmet version is the one I got and it still has that problem. I’m sure I can fix it the way I’d fix any head, but still.

Reaction score
Wow. The ARC Troopers Special Action Figure Set looks incredible. It's definitely one of the items I've been most excited for since the return of TVC two years ago. Fives, Echo and Jesse look amazing and I'm really looking forward to finally having figures of them in their ARC Trooper outfits.

Obviously we've known Fives was coming for a while in the main-line thanks to Yakface but this reveal was a real surprise and treat. I speculated before that ARC Trooper Echo wouldn't be far behind if Fives was his ARC Trooper outfit. Didn't think we'd get both plus Jesse in a Special Action Figure Set. This is amazing. I know not all the figures are perfect (especially Jesse) but I think they all look amazing and I'm very excited we're getting them at all.

My only gripe isn't really with the figures themselves. It's that the only image in the press release with the figures helmets off is the packaging shot. It would've been nice to get some close-up shots of the head sculpts and photo-real. From the packaging image the heads/faces on all three look great but it would be nice to get a closer look.

I especially would like to get a better look at Jesse. I'm really pleased we'll finally have a Jesse figure with a removeable helmet since his only other figure an animated version of his Phase I outfit didn't. That was annoying but I could understand why since the tattoo on his face can't have been easy to pull off. I remember Hasbro's Sam Smith saying at a panel last year in regard to the Cara Dune figures that the Rebel Alliance tattoo under her eye would've looked terrible without photo-real. That was my thought when I saw how great this TVC ARC Trooper Jesse figure looks. That without photo-real the tattoo might've looked terrible or been impossible to pull off.

Really excited for this item.

Reaction score
Cool set but Jesse's helmet is completely wrong, he had no rangefinder and used an original Phase 2 bucket
True. I admit I haven't looked at the concept art for Jesse's ARC Trooper outfit but maybe his outfit changed a bit between when Hasbro started working on the figure and the final season of TCW airing? We know from Hasbro's previous statements that they work on new figures 12-18 months in advance. It's possible Jesse's outfit could've changed a bit like he could've originally had a rangefinder or something. Though I do agree the figure not having a original Phase 2 bucket is weird since in the show all the Clones switched to Phase 2 in Season 4.

Reaction score
This move does seem odd if Fives is getting a solo release, so shouldn't his spot have been for Pong Krell? lol I know that was never going to happen.
I'm just a bit curious why repeat when you could have put Dogma, or almost any other Clone in there? Heck even a made up one!

That said it's still a great set and plan to buy it, given that it's on Pulse it might even be easier than Walmart. Although sometimes even Pulse has issues when releasing very popular characters.

I love the idea of these 3-pks because it's not like we need all three individually carded, IMO. Though I'm sure they will eventually just like the Luke set.
While this is a bit unique with the characters, it would be nice to see it continued with Republic Commandos etc.

Getting back to Pong Krell though, I don't see why it couldn't have been done with him in there instead of Fives. This set is likely going to be $50 anyways for a 3peat, unlike the Luke set where it was 3 different sculpts. So for this it could have been 2 repeats and 1 unique sculpt. I will say that given this set finally being released I have absolutely zero hope for Krell now... 😞
Most of Hasbro's con exclusives in the last several years both for TVC and TBS have been items in special packaging that later get released individually. Hasbro themselves have referred to some of those figures as "early releases". I remember that's what they called the TVC X-Wing Luke in particular.

Pong Krell is to this day still my most wanted figure. Though I think he'd need a box like the Tauntaun or Ewok Assault Catapault.

Reaction score
One of the admins on one of the TVC groups I'm in on Facebook has posted some new details on the ARC Troopers set of Fives, Echo and Jesse. The admins are usually pretty reliable so the info is very likely true:
"Additional details:
100% new tooling! Phenomenal range of articulation
Rifles mount to backpacks
Double jointed necks
Rocker ankles
Thinnest range finders to date
3 unique portraits
Includes ALL accessories
Backpacks are removable."

If it's true that all the tooling for all three figures is completely 100% new then Hasbro will definitely release all three figures individually and not just Fives. No way would Hasbro develop three all new sculpts and have two of them be exclusive to a (intended) con exclusive. Plus Clones almost always sell well so it's easy money for them to individually release Echo and Jesse too plus while some exclusives are a bit easier to get compared to just a few years ago exclusives are still released in smaller quantities in main-line items.

I mean all three Luke's from last years set are getting single cards and only X-Wing Luke was all new tooling. I mean obviously I know part of the reason for that is having Luke's on classic OT cardbacks but I highly doubt they won't individually release Echo and Jesse too especially if all the figures are 100% new tooling. Plus we know most waves usually have at least one repacked figure so Echo and Jesse can easily take a couple of those slots in the main-line while providing more availability for them beyond exclusives that are released in smaller quantity.

I really love the other additional details as well. Rocker ankles and double jointed necks is fantastic. As is all three having unique portraits. The rifles mounting to the backpacks is a really interesting and neat touch.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they all use the same sculpt, it's just that that one sculpt is 100% new tooling.

Between Chirrut and these figures, maybe we'll finally start to see more rocker ankles in 3.75"? It's a shame the new Stormtrooper missed out on them.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they all use the same sculpt, it's just that that one sculpt is 100% new tooling.

Between Chirrut and these figures, maybe we'll finally start to see more rocker ankles in 3.75"? It's a shame the new Stormtrooper missed out on them.
Yeah a lack of rocker ankles really hold these figures back. No matter how awesome the sculpt, paint and other articulation ends up being; he figures are just frustrating in comparison to the 6 inch versions without them.

Reaction score
They do look very nice. Though seem a bit on the "animated" look side, almost as if they blended the two together like for Rebels figs in TBS. Don't hate it but it's a bit noticeable compared to a standard TVC Clone.

One of the admins on one of the TVC groups I'm in on Facebook has posted some new details on the ARC Troopers set of Fives, Echo and Jesse. The admins are usually pretty reliable so the info is very likely true:
"Additional details:
100% new tooling! Phenomenal range of articulation
Rifles mount to backpacks
Double jointed necks
Rocker ankles
Thinnest range finders to date
3 unique portraits
Includes ALL accessories
Backpacks are removable."

I really love the other additional details as well. Rocker ankles and double jointed necks is fantastic. As is all three having unique portraits. The rifles mounting to the backpacks is a really interesting and neat touch.
All great stuff truly! Though I hazard to say that SA is getting a bit over the top for 4" figures, IMO. Especially if we want to keep the prices in check. I'm completely fine with the standard ball post neck, a double jointed one sounds like too much going on in a tiny spot. I've already experienced some of this on 6" figures and not really a fan.

These aren't 6'' figures so i feel the do not need to sport 25+ POA.

Reaction score
I’m floored! I’m VERY impressed. I’ll be waiting in September with my finger on the “confirm order” button.

Reaction score
Any pics/scans of back side of card?
I hope Amazon can deliver by original Aug 8th eta rather than updated 10/1

Reaction score
Kinda gave Jesse the shaft on that bio: “Yeah, he has the Galactic Republic symbol on his helmet and as a face tattoo.“

Reaction score
I wish they would release more and better images of these three, I know they're using a 100% new sculpt but that Kama reminds me of he old Rex figure with it sculpted to his legs. I want to see how they can be posed considering the POA, and how it interferes with range of movement because it doesn't look like SG's material.

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what the issue is with Jesse's helmet? These look pretty close.
1595360545872.png

1595360575004.png

Reaction score
The action figure has a Phase I-style fin on the back, and a rangefinder that Jesse doesn't use in the show. They reused the helmet from Echo and Fives when they should have used the standard Phase II version.

Reaction score
Amazing set- really impressed with this one. With these new Hasbro could easily do the rest of the ARC troopers from Clone Wars. Commander Blitz :) please?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can see it better now in this shot. Gotcha. Can't tell if rangefinder will pop out like some of the older helmets did. Even if not, thats not a huge thing. The fin in back is def wrong.
1595361152984.png