501st Clone Trooper - VC240

Reaction score
I know.

But unless they use a new sculpt, the only difference from the regular 501st is the helmet paint apps, right?

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Your question made it seem like you didn't.
But unless they use a new sculpt, the only difference from the regular 501st is the helmet paint apps, right?
We won't know definitively what sculpt it'll use until it gets "officially" announced. But, c'mon this is Hasbro. Why would they include an extra accessory with one figure, when the can get us to buy two at twice the price? 😉

Reaction score

bac

Reaction score
Theoretically EE with that $15 off $100 code should work if you buy a case. With no shipping or sales tax in almost all states you're looking at $12.12 per trooper to your door. Though I honestly haven't tried it.

Code: 2103212

Reaction score
That's exactly why I ordered the case with Din in disguise, because I have a need for all those in said case. Since they don't furnish who all will be in a case and they drop pre-orders hodgepodge it makes it difficult to plan, I've already pre-ordered Ahsoka, DW Trooper and Shand elsewhere and have no use for Yoda.

Reactions: bac
Reaction score
Theoretically EE with that $15 off $100 code should work if you buy a case. With no shipping or sales tax in almost all states you're looking at $12.12 per trooper to your door. Though I honestly haven't tried it.
That's how I've ordered all my solid cases. It comes out to exactly $13 per figure after tax. You've mentioned no sales tax before from EE, but they do charge it.

Reaction score
I ordered 2 from Amazon. I'm not much of an army builder and 2 seems like enough for small scene/display

bac

Reaction score
That's how I've ordered all my solid cases. It comes out to exactly $13 per figure after tax. You've mentioned no sales tax before from EE, but they do charge it.

They charge it for you in Utah? I just double-checked some orders and don't think I've ever been charged for AZ. Places like Amazon, Target, etc. do charge it. Must vary by state for EE, Dorkside, etc.

Reaction score
If Hasbro really wanted to guarantee sales, they should have packed these figures with an extra 332nd squad helmet (Ahsoka paint tribute).

At the very least a rocket launcher as featured on the cardback art should have been a given.

Reaction score
^ that would've been cool. Or go all the way and made it a TVC version on GS' GG rocket trooper that could be shipping from GS soon barring any Night Bro style shipping shenanigans

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Clone Trooper (501st Legion) is VC240.

VC240-Clone-Trooper-501st-Legion-Cardback-Resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got ten of these preordered across three retailers. Looking forward to the Ahsoka Legion troops, whenever those come.

Reaction score
I've been playing through the original Battlefront 2 story mode and it really has me looking forward to adding more of the figure to my collection

Reaction score
Why not just order a full case from EE or BBTS then? It's got to be cheaper than 1-3 at four different retailers, especially with frees hipping on orders over $100. Heck buy two full cases for that matter!

Reaction score
Yeah i thought about getting a few(4), but then figured since i already have several of the OG versions this one feels unneeded. Part of me thinks a new Clone sculpts is inbound sooner rather than later thus making all these on this buck irrelevant . lol

Reaction score
Yeah i thought about getting a few(4), but then figured since i already have several of the OG versions this one feels unneeded. Part of me thinks a new Clone sculpts is inbound sooner rather than later thus making all these on this buck irrelevant . lol
sure hope you're right. hate this buck.

Reaction score
sure hope you're right. hate this buck.

I don't hate this buck (it's vastly superior to the "old" one they used for years) but it is past it's sell by date at this point. I honestly don't love the buck they came up with for the 501st set/figures either to be honest. The leg articulation is useless because of the kama.

Reaction score
I can't wait for Yoda's so we can finally find out if the arms were updated to BH elbows, I'm betting no but would love to be surprised!
I don't hate this buck (it's vastly superior to the "old" one they used for years) but it is past it's sell by date at this point.
I'm split on this because it is better in terms of articulation hip wise and it has sharper lines but it does appear to look too skinny and elongated in the legs. Shins especially. Then again I don't get the argument about "it doesn't look like a human being could fit in the armor", when the limbs are the same thickness as the Stormies they've been pumping out. :confused:

I honestly don't love the buck they came up with for the 501st set/figures either to be honest. The leg articulation is useless because of the kama.
Well that's only because they went with plastic rather than SG's, otherwise if they had used similar fabric as Fennec's skirt I think it would have looked great and done wonders for movement. Or at least it appears like it could have as I don't have the figure yet to make that judgement.

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s so bad. I kind of like this sculpt.

Reaction score
I like this buck. It's not perfect by any means, but it can at least sit down unlike the old ones. We're definitely due for another one but I can live with this. I just wish it didn't tower over the new ARC mold.

Reaction score
Honestly though since they went ahead and tooled anew head might as well tooled a new swappable helmet too, because that's the worst part of the figure. Or just made the helmet non removable period, not every Clone needs that feature.

Reaction score
Yes, I’ve had to get creative with perspective to make guys seem the same height in dios. Here’s a few 501st troopers from different cards/lines (Greatest Hits, what have you); then, you have the one from TVC…🙄
1647446415577.jpeg
1647446435449.jpeg

Reaction score
In other words, I don’t think it looks bad by itself or with others of it’s own kind. But it does stand out in a mixed crowd.

Reaction score
Gamestop has these up for preorder at 10% off. I think the limit is 5 but you can snag a decent squad with free shipping!

So… would it be wrong to cancel a pre-order of 4 of these at 13.99 per and re-order at the lower price?
I don’t see mention of a pre-order price guarantee at GameStop like Amazon has.

JVM

Reaction score
I managed to put two of these on preorder. Not as crazy about this newer buck as some, but if there's any time to give it another honest try, it's for the 501st. I was so disappointed to never have these guys as a kid so always happy when they're on shelves again.... if only in theory in this case!

Reaction score
I managed to put two of these on preorder. Not as crazy about this newer buck as some, but if there's any time to give it another honest try, it's for the 501st. I was so disappointed to never have these guys as a kid so always happy when they're on shelves again.... if only in theory in this case!
As a ki... how old are you??

Reaction score
I bought enough 501st troopers during the ROTS run for a scene of Anakin marching on the temple. I don't really need anymore, even if it's an improvement.

Reaction score
Ultimately I decided to pass on getting any of these even with the sale, that overly large deformed bucket just looks too bad. They should have just went molded on helmet route with this one.