.45 SCALE RALPH McQUARRIE CONCEPT DARTH VADER HELMET

Reaction score
.45 SCALE RALPH McQUARRIE CONCEPT DARTH VADER HELMET

To Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars, WonderGarage has created a .45 scale Ralph McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader mini helmet that I'm sure will please many McQuarrie collectors. When displayed by their side, the helmet adds significant visual impact to the McQuarrie mini busts Gentle Giant has been offering, as well as the Sideshow Collectibles McQuarrie concept series statues.

Designed to look like a bust, the helmet has been given a bronze/copper/metallic finish that makes its lines and detailing stand out rather well. While some minute details are not present, for the most part it is a great looking piece, destined to be a very rare one as well.

The helmet is set on a heavy, polished, black granite square base. There's an engraved description plaque attached to the front of the base, and another smaller plaque on the back showing the edition size and the number of the sample you have received. This is a very limited worldwide edition of only 40 pieces, and a unique opportunity to get a McQuarrie Darth Vader helmet in this scale. The helmet comes with a large, nicely rendered COA, showing the number of your sample, and adds a few words honoring the great artist.

Maybe one day Gentle Giant will decide to offer helmets in this scale. For years, after getting the molds from Master Replicas and holding the license to produce them, they have gone comatose with it, despite online petitions and polls to produce them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Didn’t have funds at the time...so missed out(darn 1/6 addiction). They pop up on eBay from time to time.

Reaction score
Can you share the information please as I'd love one of these
I want one!
I've just noticed you wanted to get a hold of the McQuarrie based Darth Vader mini helmet. I'm not sure if the seller/maker has any left now, as I bought mine six months ago and he was making only 40 of them. I know he was selling them up to maybe three or four months ago on Ebay, but I haven't seen them again. Maybe you can try contacting him directly and see what he says. In any case, you can find him here:

wondergarage-service (422)

Good luck!

Last edited: