.45 helmet request thread

Reaction score
I visited the GG booth @ CVI on Thursday and spoke with Rogue 1 about the .45 scale helmet line. He said they have ideas, but everything is on the back burner right now.

He suggested starting a thread and getting everyone to stand behind 1 design, and he would take it to the powers that be in order to help push it along...

I immediately blurted out "Biker Scout!" when he suggested the thread idea. Of course, there are plenty to choose from; TIE Pilot, Royal Guard, various X-Wing pilots, A-Wing, B-Wing, Luke's training helmet, Boushh, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Death Star Gunner, Death Star Trooper, etc....and that's just OT

So, since Efx is currently working on their Biker Scout, why not get GG to work on its little brother?

Any takers? It's a great, affordable line I'd hate to see die completely. Get your vote on!

Reaction score
Well you've got my vote for the Scout Trooper (Biker Scout), I like the 0.45 scale helmets & would love them to make us some more to buy..., I also want a Tie Fighter Pilot, AT AT Driver & a Death Star Gunner but the Scout Trooper is on the list of wants too. :)

Reaction score
My priorities in order of preference are:

Phase 1 Clone Trooper (to finish off the the sequence)
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver
Royal Guard

After that it is all gravy.

Reaction score
The other x-wing helmets would be great to start with as they involve the same tooling on all and are essentially repaints!

Reaction score
I am all for a Scout Trooper, Royal Guard, AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot and Death Star Gunner. I love the ones I have from this line and really want to see some new ones.

Reaction score
Even if this gets taken up by Gentle Giant, how many YEARS do you think we'll have to wait before we see anything we can actually buy??? :(

Reaction score
Once they announce it, it will be 1-2 years before we see a picture or item at con. Once we see the item another 6 months - 1 years before we can preorder it. It will live in preorder limbo for 1-2 years then get a new release date about 6 months before they're set to release it. Then it will get stuck on the slow boat and be pushed back to a different quarter. I'm thinking once they announce it. 3.5-7 years. :'(

Reaction score
Once they announce it, it will be 1-2 years before we see a picture or item at con. Once we see the item another 6 months - 1 years before we can preorder it. It will live in preorder limbo for 1-2 years then get a new release date about 6 months before they're set to release it. Then it will get stuck on the slow boat and be pushed back to a different quarter. I'm thinking once they announce it. 3.5-7 years. :'(
Blimey..., that is a long time!!! :eek: Well they really should be thinking about making a set of these 0.45 scale helmets then rather than just the one, I don't want one now & again, at least half a dozen was my thinking..., so I'd like more than a Scout Trooper, always wanted a Tie Fighter Pilot & an AT AT Driver helmet in this scale, the Death Star Gunner & a Royal Guard would be great too, maybe a Senate Guard for good measure & Snowtrooper to make up the 6 that I was thinking about. :)

Reaction score
Honestly I think we could see these within the next 3 years if the really got working on them. I think they got the forms from MR so it shouldn't take too long. The Tie Fighter pilot and AT AT are almost the same and they are just a combination of the x-wing and stormtrooper which has already been done. What would take longer would be the Royal Guard, Biker Scout or the Death Star Gunner. I think if GG could get access to the props in Lucas archives or talk to Steve at Rancho Obi-Wan and scan the helmets they have it could cut down on time. When they continue on with the helmets I'd like them to change the base. The bases for Jango and Vader were bad. I think it should just be a simple black base w/ maybe a logo.

Reaction score
Sooner would definitely be nicer..., I'd like to see some more of these 0.45 scale helmets made in the near future as it seems a real shame to have the license to make them but then do nothing with it. I bet if eFX had the license we'd have seen some smaller scaled helmets by now!!!

Reaction score
It's seems like forever since they even mentioned this line. On a similar note I just watched the CVI Q&A with Greg Crafts (from GG) and at 2min 42secs the interviewer asks if they've any plans to revisit the Scaled helmets line and Greg responds with the question, 'what does the community want them to produce'? and apparently you can fire your suggestions to yodasnews@gmail.com, pretty cool huh? Anyway, back to topic, my vote is for Boushh, but at this point i'll take anything even remotely new! (3 re-paints is enough)

Reaction score
It's seems like forever since they even mentioned this line. On a similar note I just watched the CVI Q&A with Greg Crafts (from GG) and at 2min 42secs the interviewer asks if they've any plans to revisit the Scaled helmets line and Greg responds with the question, 'what does the community want them to produce'? and apparently you can fire your suggestions to yodasnews@gmail.com, pretty cool huh? Anyway, back to topic, my vote is for Boushh, but at this point i'll take anything even remotely new! (3 re-paints is enough)
Interesting, I may just send a message then..., I have asked Greg about the scaled helmets in the Q&A thread before though, just got nothing planned basically. :(

Reaction score
Interesting, I may just send a message then..., I have asked Greg about the scaled helmets in the Q&A thread before though, just got nothing planned basically. :(
If you watch the video his attitude is a little dismissive, almost suggesting that there's not much for them to do as master replicas did most of them, which is total nonesense of course.
I was thinking it might be a good idea for us to do a poll here and send the results off to yodas news?! although I've no idea how to do that, Your thoughts?

Reaction score
If you watch the video his attitude is a little dismissive, almost suggesting that there's not much for them to do as master replicas did most of them, which is total nonesense of course.
I was thinking it might be a good idea for us to do a poll here and send the results off to yodas news?! although I've no idea how to do that, Your thoughts?
Sounds like a good idea to me, I think we just need to send a private message to one of the administrators to get a poll up & running..., I've voted on the polls in different areas of the forum but not set one up myself (not sure how to do it either). I'd definitely like a poll started though..., if we're picking our favorite helmet of course although personally I'd like to see more than just the top marked helmet being made. :) Just off of the top of my head, below is a list of possible 0.45 scale helmets Gentle Giant could make that haven't been made yet (by Master Replicas or Riddell)...

ORIGINAL TRILOGY HELMETS:

01) Tie Fighter Pilot
02) AT AT Driver
03) Scout Trooper
04) Snow Trooper
05) Snow Trooper Commander
06) Royal Guard
07) Imperial Gunner
08) Sandtrooper

PRE-TRILOGY HELMETS:

09) Phase 1 Clone Trooper (there are 5 versions they could make of this helmet alone)
10) Senate Guard
11) Commander Cody
12) Commander Neyo
13) Commander Bacara
14) Commander Bly
15) Airborne Trooper
16) Galactic Marine
17) Utapau Clone Trooper
18) Clone Trooper Pilot

EXPANDED UNIVERSE HELMETS:

19) Magma Stormtrooper
20) Captain Rex
21) Shae Vizla
22) Commander Stormtrooper
23) Death Stormtrooper

RALPH MCQUARRIE CONCEPT HELMETS:

24) Darth Vader
25) Boba Fett
26) Snow Trooper
27) Stormtrooper
28) C3PO

My focus is Imperial & Galactic troopers so my list is based on that which I'd want to buy BUT there are plenty of X-Wing Fighter Pilot helmets that could be made too PLUS things like Lando's Skiff Guard helmet & Leia's Boushh disguise helmet too. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The McQuarrie would be a great idea. I like the Lando skiff helmet idea. Good list to start with.
I'd be VERY happy if they were to make the McQuarrie concept helmets, they'd look great in the 0.45 scale..., anything new would be great though of course. :) How are you coming along with the last X-Wing helmet you were making??? Did you go for Red 4 or make another Red Leader???

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me, I think we just need to send a private message to one of the administrators to get a poll up & running..., I've voted on the polls in different areas of the forum but not set one up myself (not sure how to do it either). I'd definitely like a poll started though..., if we're picking our favorite helmet of course although personally I'd like to see more than just the top marked helmet being made. :) Just off of the top of my head, below is a list of possible 0.45 scale helmets Gentle Giant could make that haven't been made yet (by Master Replicas or Riddell)...

ORIGINAL TRILOGY HELMETS:

01) Tie Fighter Pilot
02) AT AT Driver
03) Scout Trooper
04) Snow Trooper
05) Snow Trooper Commander
06) Royal Guard
07) Imperial Gunner
08) Sandtrooper

PRE-TRILOGY HELMETS:

09) Phase 1 Clone Trooper (there are 5 versions they could make of this helmet alone)
10) Senate Guard
11) Commander Cody
12) Commander Neyo
13) Commander Bacara
14) Commander Bly
15) Airborne Trooper
16) Galactic Marine
17) Utapau Clone Trooper
18) Clone Trooper Pilot

EXPANDED UNIVERSE HELMETS:

19) Magma Stormtrooper
20) Captain Rex
21) Shae Vizla
22) Commander Stormtrooper
23) Death Stormtrooper

RALPH MCQUARRIE CONCEPT HELMETS:

24) Darth Vader
25) Boba Fett
26) Snow Trooper
27) Stormtrooper
28) C3PO

My focus is Imperial & Galactic troopers so my list is based on that which I'd want to buy BUT there are plenty of X-Wing Fighter Pilot helmets that could be made too PLUS things like Lando's Skiff Guard helmet & Leia's Boushh disguise helmet too. :)

Of course we'd all like to see more than one produced, but I guess it's a good way to get the ball rolling, so to speak. I think if all those interested could come to an agreement on a "most wanted" helmet, or at least a top ten, it would be the best way to ensure something goes into production. If it's a good/popular choice hopefully lots of people will buy it and we've done something to improve the chances of a more enduring line of helmets.

So who knows how start a poll and what choices do people want? I think a big list of choices might work counter-productively, maybe keep it to 10 choices? Thoughts everyone?

Reaction score
I think original trilogy would be best for a list in a poll..., anything from those films will be popular. :)

Reaction score
I have e-mailed Chris Wyman (administrator) asking how we go about creating a poll on the forum, once that issue is resolved all we need to do is agree on a list..., keeping it low is a good idea so 10 helmets sounds reasonable to me. :) My proposed list is as follows (idea only, I haven't put it in my message to Chris as we need to agree on the poll list first): -

01) Tie Fighter Pilot
02) AT AT Driver
03) Scout Trooper
04) Leia's Boushh disguise
05) Royal Guard
06) Imperial Gunner
07) Phase 1 Clone Trooper (there are 5 versions they could make of this helmet alone)
08) Senate Guard
09) Airborne Trooper
10) Lando's skiff guard helmet

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it's best to start with one poll, otherwise the voting will be all over the place. Remember this is about making sure we get a new helmet, any new helmet, hopefully if enough people are interested it'll get made, get bought and we might just get a whole line, but one step at a time. Kev, I'm happy with the ten you've listed there, let's move on that, get voting and get our results to yodasnews

Reaction score
Personally, I will keep the clone out of the ball right now. MR made a huge amount of them, and I think it will be repeating a little bit at this moment. So, my proposal (kevb, I'm gonna use your list if you don't mind):

01) Special pack: Royal Guard+Senate Guard+Shadow Guard
02) Special pack: Rebel Fleet+Imperial Fleet
03) Imperial Gunner
04)
Tie Fighter Pilot

05) AT AT Driver
06) Scout Trooper
07) Y-Wing Pilot
08) Leia's Boushh disguise
09) Lando's skiff guard helmet
10) Airborne Trooper
11) VERY SPECIAL PACK: Concept Helmets - Ralph McQuarrie (Snow, Storm, Vader, etc) -> Probably very expensive, but well worth it

So, as you can see, I have included one more choice, and rearrange the list to combine some of them. I think the special 2-pack are good ideas (I already saw them listed somewhere). I mean, having the Imp Fleet and the Rep Fleet as different choices is not worth it (they are very similar helmets), but as a 2-pack will be very cool. Same for the first pack, I think is the better of the two of them. OT+PT+EU. The McQuarrie pack is actually a dream, if possible. It will be probably very very expensive, but I think it will be well worth it even if it costs higher than the others.

Also, I have added one more choice (up to eleven) due to Special pack of the concept helmets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still waiting for Chris to get back to me about setting up a poll..., it does tell you how to do one in the frequently asked questions area but it's not possible for me to do it unfortunately as the options in a new thread that say they are there, aren't basically!!! :\

Reaction score
Hopefully a poll should be up soon(ish)..., I've resisted the helmet pack/set options as that would be asking for too much at the begining stages of getting a new helmet made but I've also scrubbed the Senate Guard from the list in favour of the Y-Wing helmet. :)