QUESTION 4-Lom

Reaction score
Was there a different color on the breast plate of the regular issue of the 4-Lom than the mail away version? I came across pics of each and it looks like the mail away had a black breast plate whereas the regular issue has a brown breast plate.

Reaction score
I am not aware of a difference in the US examples of the 4-LOM breastplates. As far as the Spanish PBP version goes it is more reddish than the standard brown.

Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
Some people will tell you that's Zuckuss, but Zuckuss is really 4-LOM, don't be fooled by the hype, the real name of 4-LOM is Zuckuss, aka 4-LOM. Whom you may know as "Zuckuss", even though he's often mislabeled as "4-LOM" by well-meaning but ultimately wrong pedants who've mistaken him for Zuckuss, a similarly bug-headed but ultimately different bounty hunter from The Empire Strikes Back. Adding the confusion, in attempt to save money, Lucasfilm reused both costumes in Return of the Jedi where they appear in Jabba's Palace but are credited as "Zuckuss" (4-LOM) and "4-LOM" (also Zuckuss) respectively. Zuckuss is NOT 4-LOM no matter how much the revisionists may wish he were.

Hope I've cleared up this common misconception for any newer collectors.

Reaction score
Some people will tell you that's Zuckuss, but Zuckuss is really 4-LOM, don't be fooled by the hype, the real name of 4-LOM is Zuckuss, aka 4-LOM. Whom you may know as "Zuckuss", even though he's often mislabeled as "4-LOM" by well-meaning but ultimately wrong pedants who've mistaken him for Zuckuss, a similarly bug-headed but ultimately different bounty hunter from The Empire Strikes Back. Adding the confusion, in attempt to save money, Lucasfilm reused both costumes in Return of the Jedi where they appear in Jabba's Palace but are credited as "Zuckuss" (4-LOM) and "4-LOM" (also Zuckuss) respectively. Zuckuss is NOT 4-LOM no matter how much the revisionists may wish he were.

Hope I've cleared up this common misconception for any newer collectors.
well I have both in my display of Bounty Hunters

Reaction score
Yes, I’m with Scott. I think they changed names in the 90’s but I always stuck with the names Kenner gave them on the cardbacks I had as a kid! K

Reaction score
Yes, I’m with Scott. I think they changed names in the 90’s but I always stuck with the names Kenner gave them on the cardbacks I had as a kid! K
Agree here. It was a mistake by Kenner who accidentally switched the names (to Lucas' chagrin) but 4-LOM will always be a tan cloaked, bug-eyed bounty hunter in my mind. Can't find 4-LOM originally packaged as a dark grey robot until much later.

Reaction score
Agree here. It was a mistake by Kenner who accidentally switched the names (to Lucas' chagrin) but 4-LOM will always be a tan cloaked, bug-eyed bounty hunter in my mind. Can't find 4-LOM originally packaged as a dark grey robot until much later.
Adding to the confusion you could find a bug headed becloaked bounty hunter labeled as “Shrike” in the gaming miniatures line by Grenadier. This was late 80’s through 98.