3rd Party Discussion Thread

Reaction score
long overdue thread...

Pre-ordered the X-Transbots Apollyon MP Megatron @ $135 shipped, cant imagine Hasbro's rendition could possibly be any better

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything 3rd party in months... partly because my wife's coming down on me about toy buying, partly because I've been diverting toy money mostly to Lego :p $80-100 could get me one cool robot, or a big Lego set with lots of neat minifigs and pieces...

...but I did have some on preorder; my MakeToys Mobine Jungle preorder got canceled several weeks ago, after sitting there since last November. Poor Heavytread now can only borrow Paladin's "Chaos" add-ons to feel like a big man (dammit, MT, re-release those Mobines!)

I've also been keeping a close eye on Revolver. After seeing Hasbro's Roadbuster in person, I'm definitely going for Revolver (despite the neat ****nal Hasbro's has)... if quantity dips below the max-searchable 24 on BBTS, I'll bite, otherwise he'll just be on my Xmas list. Warden's sorta in the same boat... and I'm kinda waiting to see even more Dinobots hit before pulling the trigger on more Planet X or any FPs (which look sooooo nice!). And one of these days I need to get Gauntlet & Piston (and hope for no QC issues). MMC's Azalea and Salvia Prominon are also on the list, and Dreadwing's new weapon looks so good (tho I should probably get a TFP Dreadwing first!). Still waiting on seeing more of MMC's Nova Prime, Turmoil, DJD characters (drooling over possibility of Tarn!), and ToyWorld's Voyager Bomber Megatron and IDW Ultra Magnus...

...and then there's the backlog of add-ons I still would like to get for my guys... FP's Protector, maybe City Commander, the Bulkhead blast hammer, Wheeljack head & swords, etc.

Maybe I should take Revolver off the Christmas list, and put "jackpot-winning lottery ticket" on there instead... :grin:

Reaction score
The city Commander and the Protector Armor are fantastic. I have both of them. As for complete 3rd party I got the Maketoys Green Giant. That is my MP Devastator.

Reaction score
I love the upcoming Air Strike (aka Swoop) from Bullsfire. What a great looking toy!!

Reaction score
That Megatron really does look nice but I have a feeling MP25 will be a updated Megatron from Takara so I will wait for that. MP4 was reissued just before MP10 was announced so I have a feeling with MP5G just released we will see the new in scale Megatron revealed soon.

This 3rd Party release may force Takaras hand. I just hope he isn't as fragile and complicated as MP5, I broke 2 tabs off mine and I am super careful with my MP's! Just wasn't a fun transformer.