3rd party Combiner advice

Reaction score
I collected the Combiner Wars Bruticus and Menasor, but couldn't bring myself to buy their Blast Off and Dragstrip since they looked so unlike their G1 cartoon versions (Blast Off as a jet in vehicle mode, and Dragstrip as that thin thing with a weird head in robot).

Did a third party ever step up and make better versions of these two that are compatible with the Hasbro Combiner Wars version? My Decepticon giants are both short an arm.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hasbro/Takara already released an improved Blast-Off that's his own dedicated mold, transforms into a shuttle, and is much more accurate to the G1 character design. Takara's version of the figure had a more cartoon-accurate deco and was only available in their Unite Warriors Bruticus boxset (similar to the rest of the Unite Warriors line), while Hasbro released their version with a more toy-accurate deco by itself as part of a set of 3 single-packed deluxe figures in special packaging, each one representing one part of the "Prime Wars" trilogy of Generations lines (with Blast-Off of course representing Combiner Wars, along with Repugnus representing Titans Return, and Punch/Counterpunch representing Power of the Primes).

Reaction score
Thanks! I don't pay a lot of attention to these lines and totally missed that official Blast Off. Will have to be on the look out for one now.