3 little helmet sculpts ... Stormy, Vader & Fett

Reaction score
Re: three little helmet sculpts ...

love the Vader comparison pics but that vader you used stinks, can you do a comparison to yours and the TVC Vader (which is better then the one you used)?

Reaction score

I'm probably going to be the only one to ask this, but what parts did you use for the rest of Vader? I like his size. I can't hope to get a helmet like that but the rest of the custom might be feasable.

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
love the Vader comparison pics but that vader you used stinks, can you do a comparison to yours and the TVC Vader (which is better then the one you used)?
I actually think the VOTC Vader is one of the better Hasbro
Vaders, but you're right - I'll try to find the time to take
a couple pics with some of the other Vader Figures I have.

Maverick10126 said:
I'm probably going to be the only one to ask this, but what parts did you use for the rest of Vader? I like his size. I can't hope to get a helmet like that but the rest of the custom might be feasable.
ouhh ... that's a hard one, as I don't think I can remember
all of the parts I pieced together there, but I'll try ...

- cape & robe - 1999 POTF commtech chip Vader (still the best cape & robe!)
- codpiece - OTC no.34 Death Star Vader
- legs, crotch & chest - 2004 VOTC Vader (chest modified and resculpted)
- belt - pieced together from parts I can't remember atm ...
- arms - 2006 Saga Col. no.38 Bespin Confession Vader (wrong choice of arms in the end)
- gloves - 2002 Saga no.30 Bespin Duel Vader (also not quite happy with those)
- Custom Helmet

... I think that was it ...

Reaction score

I agree about what you said about VOTC Vader. It's one of the few (only one!?) that can actually tilt his neck up and down! Great for kneeling scenes. Aside from his crappy swivel arms, I don't mind VOTC Vader. I do enjoy the removable helmet Vaders, but they're so wonky...the multi-piece helmet always falls apart...bleh. When I got rid of my Vaders, the only version I kept was the VOTC one, to display as my Vader.

But either way, VOTC Vader is still hilarious looking in size when compared to your superior version.

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
can you do a comparison to yours and the TVC Vader
... here you go ...

looks like a 501st meeting group-shot ^^ ...

left: 2007 30th Anniversary Col. Vader / middle: my Custom / right: 2010 TVC Vader

And 2 more ESB *fun pics* ...

... you've learned much young one ...

... I am your father ...

Reaction score

Oh my gosh. These are so fricking awesome.

What I wouldn't give to have a Fett head/helmet like that.

Reaction score

I literally have to stop and check out this page everyday.

The comparison shots of the Stormie helmets...I just notice that the right eye of yours is slightly curved..it's not straight.

Reaction score

GrandAdmiralJSK said:
Oh my gosh. These are so fricking awesome.
What I wouldn't give to have a Fett head/helmet like that.
Thanks a lot, glad you like 'em

spitty said:
I literally have to stop and check out this page everyday.

The comparison shots of the Stormie helmets...I just notice that the right eye of yours is slightly curved..it's not straight.
Thanks
... well I believe all the Original Screenused
Stormtrooper Helmets had that right-eye-bump - some more,
some less visible - due to a flaw in the original mold.
Of course I *overdid* that detail a bit on the tiny helmet
sculpt so it's still noticeable even in that scale.
I think that bump (or curve) adds so much more personality
to the Stormtroopers *faces*.

I just tried to find some pics where you can see that bump.

Here's the *look sir, droids* Sandtrooper (with the badly
cut out left eye)

look closely and you can see most of them have it ...

the original *Set for stun* ANH Helmet

Reaction score

Stunning work. If there's one thing I can appreciate it's how much time and effort one puts in his work. Your sculpts clearly show you've got an incredible eye for details.

Would love to see the Vader helmet(s) painted up as smooth as a mirror, though

Boba's and Jango's helmets are also terrific. Both have incredible paint jobs, very detailed. And I never noticed how completely wrong the visors on Hasbro's helmets were until now.

The Stormtrooper helmet.... well, we all know Hasbro hasn't had that one right from the very beginning. Outstanding job on these!

Reaction score

Jaw dropping sculpts and painting.
I'd love to see you do any Leia too. Wait...that came out so wrong....(ahem)....I'd really like to see your take on any Leia.

Reaction score

The man's incredible. He even captures the mistake on the len.

Can you post some work in progress?

Reaction score

If Hasbro frequents these threads, (and I am sure they do.), then we as fans need to know what we must do to get Hasbro to open thier eyes. I know that Star Wars is the leading toyline year by year, but Hasbro would make so much money if they use these sculpts. The 5 heads and the 3 helmets. If Hasbro is afraid that they will be spat in the face because one individual surpassed their team of artists, then so what. Does that really compare to </font> MONEY and <font color="green"> PROFIT in the long run? How could it when they release the same figure over and over again. If this Boba Fett was realeased once a year, it would be my christmas every year and I would love to buy him again and again. That is how awsome these sculpts are. So we need to do a petition, and maybe Rebelscum can put a vote on their home screen and really show what Hasbro is missing.

Reaction score

Orangepeace said:
2 question. How much for 1 of each?
Gorgeous work. That Jango Fett in particular looks fantastic. How much for a set?

Reaction score

Your sculpting and painting are just superb, what a treat just to look at your stuff. I am just amazed at the things you've done.

Reaction score

Your sculpts look perfect! I wish I had your talent so I could make my own upgrades!

Reaction score

Everyone got their bucket supersized! nice work!

Reaction score
See, your Vader helmet looks like that burnt-in memory of when I saw Darth arrive in the beginning of Star Wars. It feels right. Amazing amazing amazing. I really don't see how Hasbro can turn you down. If you signed over the design to them. They probably are worried that their current sculptors would be angry at having the bar raised. Who knows whether hand-sculpting will even continue with the stuff they're doing with 3D scanning/printing these days.

Anyway, thanks for posting them. So much win. :)

Reaction score
Dude. Holy god. These are astounding. Hasbro needs to talk with you. They need people like you on their sculpting crew.

Reaction score
Can you sell me a Dark Vanquisher, Thunder Space Trooper and Galaxy Bounty collector helmets? No certainly not speaking about Star Wars. But those spacemen helmets are cool, or you can just give me a set and I'll pay the postage of $65.00 dollars. What do you think? It's the American way of Supply and demand. :)

Reaction score
Can you sell me a Dark Vanquisher, Thunder Space Trooper and Galaxy Bounty collector helmets? No certainly not speaking about Star Wars. But those spacemen helmets are cool, or you can just give me a set and I'll pay the postage of $65.00 dollars. What do you think? It's the American way of Supply and demand. :)
I will be second American to order the three spacemen helmets and will gladly pay the $65.00 postage. After all, rumor is the USPS is hurting right now with our economy and this will be a good way to help them out.

Reaction score
... oh guys ... as much as I would love to help you out, if you read all my posts
regarding that matter on the previous pages you'll understand why I just can't
sell any casts. I am really sorry, but I won't do anything that could get my job
/ my life into any trouble. Hope you'll understand.

Reaction score
It's like Mcdonalds. They are really good at mass producing "ok" hamburgers. The owners probably eat much better burgers at other places. They probably know people who make much much better hamburgers. They aren't trying to hire them tho. They have an ok staff working for them making an ok menu. It's the same here. Hasbro probably isn't thinking they can maximize profits by hiring him...he IS an amazing talent, but hasbro has their people doing what's "good enough" by hasbro's standards. And remember great sculpting isn't what pulls most people into collecting...star wars pulls people into collecting. These figures sold great even when the sculpting was awful. While some people might be as amazed by Evergrey's work as we are(and again it IS amazing), the majority of collectors aren't that concerned. We are the minority. We are actually quiet lucky the figures look as good as they do, because when they didn't look so great, they still sold. I could be wrong however, just my two cents.

Anyway as always Evergrey, fantastic work.

Reaction score
These are the best helmets I have even seen in this scale. I wish these came with the production figures.