3.75" Professionally Made Kenner Style Customs & Repros Discussion

Firefox is a separate person from John Kelly, who does the US side of Stan Solo.

Ah okay. Then I’m back to being curious about why stuff is marked as sold out already.
I am just speculating but maybe it's because John hasn't gotten them yet. I pre-order all mine from the UK site and haven't received anything yet - but not concerned :) I think John gets his own shipments from China separate from Chris.

They're probably just placeholder listings so once they're in stock they can drop them all simultaneously. I can imagine if they list one in stock and someone buys it immediately while they're listing the other new figures, then that person buys those and then comes the inevitable "can you combine my shipping???" after the fact e-mail.

I'll ask about mine in a month or two if I don't hear anything :)
I've not yet received my shipping notice for the two droids ordered......hopefully this won't be too far away. I'm always excited to get me some new Stan Solo!

Here's a pic of my recently acquired Hem Dazon from TN17 with custom vinyl cape....

20240209_104507-3.jpg

I keep a spreadsheet of all my Kenner vintage originals, repos, customs and items like the "Ice" figures from PVC, both what I want and what I have. Here is everything I've seen from them in this style so far (as well as the Vader 'White Knight,' which was just too awesome not to grab). The next one coming looks to be Admiral Ackbar.

1707668310110.png

I wish the person making those Crystal figures would create a shop on Facebook like ProCustom Figures did so I could buy some. I have no interest in creating a FB account.
I don't use FB for much of anything other than following my hobbies and a few work related things. I don't think it's a big deal to have an account just grab cool things like this.

Attachments

• 1707668423725.png
    1707668423725.png
    461.7 KB · Views: 9
R3-M3 showed back up as in stock this morning on the US site for anyone wanting one. No sign of the third leg yet.

I wonder if they’d consider running off some more third legs in all the other colors… white was all that was left by the time I started collecting these.

Anyone know why the SS imperial Technician is so expensive compared to the other figures? $98?!?!?!

I got my new v2 R3-M3 (middle) and R3-T2 (right) in the mail two days ago, and thought I'd do a comparison with my v1 R3-M3 (left).

PXL_20240216_031709899.jpg

Dome is a bit clearer, body and sticker are a bit darker. I'm thinking of swapping their heads, inspired by the fact that the v2 figure arrived with his head so tightly screwed on, I thought at first it wouldn't turn.

But also look at this.

PXL_20240216_031919240.jpg

The inner diameter of the torso seems to be snugger. My spare v1 blue third leg won't quite fit all the way into the v2 torso, while this extra white third leg can't even fit that well into T2's torso.

Alex

Most definitely a color difference beteen the OG R3-M3 and the reissue. I like the clearer dome for sure.
I wonder if a new astromech mold was used for this new production run? This could explain why there's a size difference with the inner diameter.

Reactions: M13
StarWarsObessed (youtuber) has reviewed SS Dagobah Luke and RH Vader. The final product version of Luke is just wonderful. And the POTF carded RH Vader is beautiful.

Most definitely a color difference beteen the OG R3-M3 and the reissue. I like the clearer dome for sure.
I wonder if a new astromech mold was used for this new production run? This could explain why there's a size difference with the inner diameter.
Yeah it was a new mold. They had rounded up some R3-M3's from their old factory, people preordered them; they got shipped to the new factory to then be shipped to Chris and John and then to the customers, but there was flooding in that area of China and the warehouse was ground floor, so they got ruined I guess. Smith had a (new) astromech body mold already for the R4 figure, so he had them knock out a dome so he could replace the R3-M3 figures that were lost to their respective buyers, which was a nice thing to do and gave each of those buyers (for the trouble and the wait) the new red domed astromech as well. Which was also a nice thing to do.
So short version, yes it's a new mold.

Last edited:
Picked up a SS Long Snoot and a R3-M3:

aqVy84j.jpg

wyAFeiL.jpg

j0CiW0M.jpg

LT7QnVz.jpg

Well, while waiting for Luke and/or Vader to come into stock and combine the shipping, the R3-M3 has now sold out again on the US site. Too bad for me and trying to save a buck!

R3-M3 back in stock at ETSY store if you're still keen!
Well, while waiting for Luke and/or Vader to come into stock and combine the shipping, the R3-M3 has now sold out again on the US site. Too bad for me and trying to save a buck!

R3-M3 back in stock at ETSY store if you're still keen!

Thanks for pointing this out, I did pick one up this morning.

I had been following the StanSoloUSA store as opposed to the Etsy storefront, and having now compared the two there are indeed different things available at each...it seems the Etsy store has more things available, but the standalone site has placeholders for more sold out and coming soon figures.

Back