3.75" Professionally Made Kenner Style Customs & Repros Discussion

Reaction score
I posted this in the vintage acquisitions thread, but for this crowd, here’s a comparison of an original Kenner Luke Stormtrooper helmet (left) and a Stan Solo custom (right).

94704FC2-CC9E-4F38-92C3-0706DB610332.jpeg

Reaction score
I ordered the Stan Solo Bantha! I will bet I get it long before TFSB even have one in hand. Stan's box is much more in line with what the actual Vintage one would be like. super psyched for it. can't wait for Slave outfit Leia either!

Reaction score
as silly as this may sound, getting an all new figure (even if it's not official) or creature for my Vintage collection feels way more satisfying than grabbing a TVC or Black series.

Reaction score
as silly as this may sound, getting an all new figure (even if it's not official) or creature for my Vintage collection feels way more satisfying than grabbing a TVC or Black series.
It doesn't sound silly at all - in fact, I felt much the same way ordering the Han Stormtrooper after I finally got the og Kenner Luke Stormtrooper. It was awesome...

Reaction score
My pop-up saber R2 came yesterday and of course (my luck) there was a ding on the top left corner. The seller asked if I wanted to return it but it seemed like too much hassle. Not a promising way to wade into the field of collecting these. 🤬

View attachment 398201
While the corner ding sucks...just look at how damned good that figure looks. It's fantastic...I may have to get one for display until I find an actual vintage one.

Reaction score
The Pop-Up R2 still looks really good! Nice score!

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't think I'm going to keep it. It was bought specifically to display at my desk and I can't unsee the ding. It's like the focal point every time I look at it - my eyes are magically drawn to look at the ding and not the rest of the card. urgh.

I'll probably post it FS here before too long.

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't think I'm going to keep it. It was bought specifically to display at my desk and I can't unsee the ding. It's like the focal point every time I look at it - my eyes are magically drawn to look at the ding and not the rest of the card. urgh.

I'll probably post it FS here before too long.
1628819536967.png

Reaction score
I'm addicted now to Stan Solo customs! I just received another shipment today of incredible creations.

Reaction score
I'm addicted now to Stan Solo customs! I just received another shipment today of incredible creations.
My mom passed away a week ago today. So between Funerals and burials and family stuff, I haven't gotten a chance to post my new Stan Solo stuff. I will I got 7 new figs.

Reaction score
My mom passed away a week ago today. So between Funerals and burials and family stuff, I haven't gotten a chance to post my new Stan Solo stuff. I will I got 7 new figs.
Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss Lobotscomb. Hopefully, she is in a better place and watching over you.

Reaction score
Problems aside, there are many of us that love the figures, me included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I also appreciate the hell out of them. Looking forward to my Bantha and Leia even more than my Razor crest

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm happy you edited your previous posts. We don't attack other forum members here. If you think someone is trolling, just ignore them, report them, or take it to a PM. You might want to edit this one as well though.
I understand you felt attacked by his claim so I am glad you realized there was a better way to deal with it and changed your responses.
Thanks.

I think your stuff looks really good (especially the Bantha). I would have loved to have had them when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For the record, I never said his stuff was bad in any way nor did I attack him.

My comment was that I was disappointed that my initial venture into purchasing his items yielded a damaged card back. I specifically ordered the R2 for display at my desk and it was a bummer that it came with a dinged corner. End of the world? No. Bummer? YES!

I clearly stated that the US reseller offered to take it back but that it wasn't worth the hassle to me, so I declined. I'm not sure what part is a lie. I have the damaged card still as I haven't gotten around to taking it out of the Star Case to take pics for a FS listing - do we need better pics of it for proof of damage?

I never attacked him or your product in any way. If anything, the US reseller just needs to better pack his items for sale as, IMO, as a flimsy piece of bubble wrap and a few foam peanuts in a barely thick enough box for the figure bubble to have any protection is incredibly lacking. I package even $13 figures for shipment as if they were about to meet the armageddon and folks who have bought from me here can attest to this.

For disclosure, I did send SS a PM a week or 2 back as I saw on his Etsy page that he has vinyl cape Jawa's available so I wanted to see if they would be offered carded. I am a former vintage trilogo collector from the 90's and owned a ton of them so I figured I'd try a purchase directly from his Etsy page (thinking I would have better luck with buying direct) for some of the new trilogo figures that he is working on when they became available and I would add on a vinyl Jawa if they were going to be available (I have an original loose VC Jawa and it would have been neat to have a carded one). The initial reply was cordial but I got a second one telling me I am a ****ing troll for posting to this thread.

I'm not sure if it was a bad weekend for SS or he just has incredibly thin skin but his comments on top of the experience with the damaged card back has soured me from him and his products for good.

I'm glad you guys have had better luck with these than I have and I wish you the best. I was willing to give it a second shot but not now.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Let's go back to the main topic so I don't have to lock this thread please.

Reaction score
My pop-up saber R2 came yesterday and of course (my luck) there was a ding on the top left corner. The seller asked if I wanted to return it but it seemed like too much hassle. Not a promising way to wade into the field of collecting these. 🤬

View attachment 398201

Wow! You are actually complaining about a ding that I for one cannot see?? I would assume that the reason you purchased this was because you didn't fancy spending $700 upward for an original in the same condition? I am absolutely stunned by this. Chris has given collectors something to look forward to again without breaking the bank. Hold a real trilogo in one hand and Cbris,s in the other and you will not beleive how good they are, and we should appreciate that his hard work had paid off. Now people on limited funds can display these without having to be rich to do so with originals.

Chris does lose his rag, but trust me he is 100% a vintage Star Wars guy. If you saw and heard the daily abuse and whining he puts up with then you would realise why he does it.

I have been collecting for years and have owned original various moc, prototypes and anything else related to the vintage line. I think what Chris is doing is absolutely fantastic and he isn't trying to dupe anyone. His work is amazing and he has helped myself and many other collectors get that vintage kick without breaking the bank. I don't give a hoot about what other people think, and that's coming from someone who only used to collect original. I've owned all the last 17 trilogo and the quality on Stan Solo,s stuff is amazing and makes me realise I can put money into further developing my home or taking my wife and kids on holiday whilst I still have my own collecting habit. I don't buy the repros argument anymore, it's a horse that has long bolted. Most ' collectors' are currently worried about their investments crumbling which is why they are so against repros. They do no harm to the hobby and I also echo Chris sentiments about research. I posted the same line in here many,many years ago - if you are too ignorant to buy something 'real' without doing research then that'd down to you. Unfortunately deep pockets and arrogance had started the problems in the first place. As I said before it is hitting people in the pockets massively.

As for Hasbros offerings, they are awful. And don't give me the ' licensed' spiel because most know full well that these can do the same 'damage to the hobby as Stan Solo,s but his are even better than Hasbro. Look at the cardbacks for crying out loud?!!! There is no contest.

Lastly, I don't care what anyone thinks of me or my collection. I still have around 50 original vintage moc in my collection and they will stay. Stan solos fit in with them perfectly. However if I can sell a vintage figure for £500 and buy a replacement from Chris then I'm happy to do so, especially if it means I can do more for my home and family with the extra funds.I don't collect for financial gain but moreso because I love Star Wars. So whether or not you collect repros , never ever tell the next person how to collect or make them feel a lesser person, because that is rubbish. Some people can only afford paying the repro price for the same visual value of a vintage MOC so don't ever look down on them.

And as Chris mentioned, if you are offended by repros don't ever start collecting props because you will have a meltdown. Props are another area of my collection and the same applies, if I find a Trooper helmet for £100 that gives me the same appeal as a £500 one then I'm going to buy it. Forget he accuracy poop too, because I've seen licenced ones that's look laughable for high prices when custom produced cheaper ones are far better.

Anyway, keep it up Chris.

Reaction score
Wow! You are actually complaining about a ding that I for one cannot see?? I would assume that the reason you purchased this was because you didn't fancy spending $700 upward for an original in the same condition? I am absolutely stunned by this. Chris has given collectors something to look forward to again without breaking the bank. Hold a real trilogo in one hand and Cbris,s in the other and you will not beleive how good they are, and we should appreciate that his hard work had paid off. Now people on limited funds can display these without having to be rich to do so with originals.

Chris does lose his rag, but trust me he is 100% a vintage Star Wars guy. If you saw and heard the daily abuse and whining he puts up with then you would realise why he does it.

I have been collecting for years and have owned original various moc, prototypes and anything else related to the vintage line. I think what Chris is doing is absolutely fantastic and he isn't trying to dupe anyone. His work is amazing and he has helped myself and many other collectors get that vintage kick without breaking the bank. I don't give a hoot about what other people think, and that's coming from someone who only used to collect original. I've owned all the last 17 trilogo and the quality on Stan Solo,s stuff is amazing and makes me realise I can put money into further developing my home or taking my wife and kids on holiday whilst I still have my own collecting habit. I don't buy the repros argument anymore, it's a horse that has long bolted. Most ' collectors' are currently worried about their investments crumbling which is why they are so against repros. They do no harm to the hobby and I also echo Chris sentiments about research. I posted the same line in here many,many years ago - if you are too ignorant to buy something 'real' without doing research then that'd down to you. Unfortunately deep pockets and arrogance had started the problems in the first place. As I said before it is hitting people in the pockets massively.

As for Hasbros offerings, they are awful. And don't give me the ' licensed' spiel because most know full well that these can do the same 'damage to the hobby as Stan Solo,s but his are even better than Hasbro. Look at the cardbacks for crying out loud?!!! There is no contest.

Lastly, I don't care what anyone thinks of me or my collection. I still have around 50 original vintage moc in my collection and they will stay. Stan solos fit in with them perfectly. However if I can sell a vintage figure for £500 and buy a replacement from Chris then I'm happy to do so, especially if it means I can do more for my home and family with the extra funds.I don't collect for financial gain but moreso because I love Star Wars. So whether or not you collect repros , never ever tell the next person how to collect or make them feel a lesser person, because that is rubbish. Some people can only afford paying the repro price for the same visual value of a vintage MOC so don't ever look down on them.

And as Chris mentioned, if you are offended by repros don't ever start collecting props because you will have a meltdown. Props are another area of my collection and the same applies, if I find a Trooper helmet for £100 that gives me the same appeal as a £500 one then I'm going to buy it. Forget he accuracy poop too, because I've seen licenced ones that's look laughable for high prices when custom produced cheaper ones are far better.

Anyway, keep it up Chris.
Booster already said he didn't get it directly from Chris so the point is Moot. Let sleeping dogs lay.
I do agree his repros and new originals are head and shoulders above the retro line. Later i want to snap a few pics of my recent arrivals. As someone that completed his Kenner run, It's nice to hace new offerings. Amaulaman is one of my favorites.

Reaction score
Received my first StanSolo figure yesterday--vinyl caped Jawa! I have wanted this for 43 years, since Kenner pulled the bait-and-switch with the bulky robe I hated as a kid.

This would have been an easy buy in the Retro line, but let's face it--Hasbro would have soured the experience of collecting it in a million little ways. This was a great experience, I had no idea how satisfying it would be to have him in-hand!

Thanks, Chris!Screenshot_20210828-110926_Instagram.jpg

Reaction score
Booster already said he didn't get it directly from Chris so the point is Moot. Let sleeping dogs lay.
I do agree his repros and new originals are head and shoulders above the retro line. Later i want to snap a few pics of my recent arrivals. As someone that completed his Kenner run, It's nice to hace new offerings. Amaulaman is one of my favorites.
Fair point bud,