212th Battalion Clone Troopers & Jet Backpacks

GNT

Reaction score
212th Battalion Clone Troopers & Jet Backpacks

This one is posted over at Entertainment Earth, EE has a picture of the Clone Trooper up as well so it might be worth checking out.

I take it that it'll include a couple of clones

Any thoughts on this pack? Figures?

Reaction score
Re: Clone Troopers with Jet Packs

Not what I was expecting. I guess I assumed it would be 501st clones.

Reaction score

It says there is an Anakin included. I hope it is a SA one with a ball joint waist this time like that one with the helmet because if that one has a hole in its back for the space gear it would be pretty easy to just give it a jetpack

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
It says there is an Anakin included. I hope it is a SA one with a ball joint waist this time like that one with the helmet because if that one has a hole in its back for the space gear it would be pretty easy to just give it a jetpack
It says the same thing on the Turbo Tank Gunners pack, so I think it is not correct that Anakin is included.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS92404

Reaction score

DarthZylek said:
It says the same thing on the Turbo Tank Gunners pack, so I think it is not correct that Anakin is included.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS92404
The gunners obviously don't "fly into battle" so it looks like they just copy and pasted the Clone Trooper Jet Pack description by accident.

I also thought they'd be the Rex's guys from the CW movie, but it looks like the 212th. Does look more yellow than the than orange but if you look at the gunners they look almost black rather than the grey pictured in the Hasbro TF presentation.

Reaction score

We saw the 501st in the movie with jet packs at christophosis so why does the 212th have jet packs and not them?

Reaction score

Well, looking at the picture of the wave he comes in, it looks like he has the same or a very similar jetpack to the ROTS clone has, not at all like we see in the movie. The picture shows only one, but I'd imagine it will come with several.

Reaction score

GKinCT said:
Well, looking at the picture of the wave he comes in, it looks like he has the same or a very similar jetpack to the ROTS clone has, not at all like we see in the movie. The picture shows only one, but I'd imagine it will come with several.
Several, meaning at most 2.

Reaction score

DarthZylek said:
GKinCT said:
Several, meaning at most 2.
Most likely no more than two, but these troopers look cool nonetheless.

Reaction score

odd i was thinking we could finally get a pack out of this and a rex with jetpack.

Reaction score

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the Jetpack is the one from the RotS line. The Jetpack Clone
. I Hope not...

Reaction score

^^
That's exactly what it looks like. I'll be passing on this one and will hope for an eventual release with the correct jetpack.

Reaction score

didnt see this in the clone war series, the jetopack seen on series looks better to me..plus yellow for a air borne trooper..was expecting something blue, with some nice markings

GNT

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
Is this the same jetpack from the ROTS deluxe line?
Sure is, looks like Hasbro is trying to make the most out of the mould.

Reaction score

The jet pack looks cool, but already have 8 of the 212th from the Obi Wan BP. Might skip. Besides, I take a lot of accessories out before displaying (except the guns, of course)

Reaction score

The jetpack appears to use the same wings as the ROTS version, the pack itself looks either new or retooled. As for the clone, I dont want another 212th troop either, I dont understand why they are releasing the clone in this color...

Reaction score

I might get one or two of these just to have them

Reaction score

Jetpack looks cool, was expecting the 501st myself - hopefully they'll show up in the series.

Reaction score

but the jetpacks that were in the movie and in the show look more like jangos than the rots one.

Reaction score

Def the same jetpack as the ROTS one; no new tooling whatsoever.

Reaction score

if they wanted to use a jetpack they could have used the space trooper one and add a peg to it or the jango one for accuracy to the movie(not hasbros storg suit)

Reaction score

I have a picture of the jet trooper,I like the clone commander ep. 2 figure so I can't wait for this one!!!

He has the ROTS jet trooper jet pack.

Reaction score

That was kind of redundant.

I wish they had just done the jetpacks like in the movie so I probably wont be getting this unless there is something to sway my opinion

Reaction score

This is an easy pass for me. I cannot wait to see what the third wave of this line will have. It's supposed to have all new molds for most of them. These first two waves of repaints are just supposed to fill the void until they are ready to go.

Reaction score

Blight said:
Eh. Kind of boring. I'll pass
My thoughts exactly, I can't believe they didn't change ANYTHING on the jet packs... At least throw some painted on droid heads on the jet packs to show how many,"clanker's", they have destroyed. I don't know, SOMETHING!

Reaction score

if the clone is a different shade of yellow from the 212th id probably get it...im such a sucker

Reaction score

I wouldn't get this unless it showed up in the show. It's not exactly that exciting. I don't like the glider wing things.

Reaction score

Hasbro should make a Battlepack/ Army Builder Pack similar to Obi Wan's and Yoda's.

Captain Rex (with Jetpack) and four 501st Clone Troopers (also with Jetpacks) would not only have been cheap for Hasbro to make,
as they all would of been re-releases/ repaints, but cool at the same time.

Oh well. It's an okay deluxe figure, though it could probably be released on a basic card as well, can it?

Reaction score

not gonna get this, but if H gave this guy an updated rifle with strap like the ph.2 counterpart then that would be a plus

Reaction score

so i am guessing the description of this set is just talking about the clones with jet packs as a whole-so we are only getting one clone with a jet pack for 16+ dollars-well isn't that just like hasbro

Reaction score

Passing on all of these too, especially if they're still coming with the older helmet sculpt.

Reaction score

quinlanvos21 said:
so i am guessing the description of this set is just talking about the clones with jet packs as a whole-so we are only getting one clone with a jet pack for 16+ dollars-well isn't that just like hasbro
It's two clones with Jetpacks.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: 212th Battalion Clone Troopers & Jet Backpacks

New images:

Reaction score

So why does one have a droid blaster?

Reaction score

Scockery said:
So why does one have a droid blaster?
Umm, to shoot things with.

Seriously, don't you remember the scene in the movie where the 212 were flying around killing droids? Well if you look in the back ground, you will see one guy run out of ammo and he swoops down to get a fallen droid's gun. He still holds onto his own gun though since Palpy makes them pay for them if they lose any gear. I believe that was revealed in a scene that was cut at the last minute.

Reaction score

Actually, they look fun! I think I'll get them! I don't know why I even bother trying to pass on anything anymore; the pull these figures have is insidious ^^