2019 PGM

Reaction score
I don't see it happening either but I probably would've gotten platinum instead of begrudgingly choosing silver over nothing at all. If it carried over another year and they would've made more money off of me in the long run probably.

Oh well, hopefully they rework it for next year.
I’d have been happier if they just kept things the same as last year. I’m hopeful we’ll get some good pieces this year though. The membership is just beginning this year so let’s give them a shot and see how they do.

Reaction score
It is unfortunate he never got his 2018 PGM gifts. Insane how late they're with them this year.

Remember back in the day where they would be delivered in Jan and Feb?
Indeed. as the years went by things became more and more stressful with GG, and the disrespect and lack of proper business practices grew bigger. I don't want to beat on a dead horse, but I'm sure you and others that are often reading the forums are aware of things done to me, Kevin and others. The fact our money for the PGM was taken last year, pictures of the PG gifts and samples were shown, and yet they hadn't gone into production in February ( 9 months after we paid for the PGM) when DST to took over, was not good at all. It saddens me reading Kevin's last post here in the forums expressing his desire to have the PG gifts he paid for, gifts he will never get to have.

I'm giving DST an opportunity to fix all these issues and deliver to consumers a better business experience, where collectors are treated with the respect they deserve. I believe DST wants to make things right from a business stand point, but they were left with a mess that has unfortunately delayed our gifts. This upcoming year will give us all a pretty good idea of GG's future under the new ownership. I'd like to think DST will steer this damaged boat safely to port.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd like to think DST are going to be better than GG but the PGM is already a black mark for me. If two gifts wasn't financially viable, fine but don't then charge the same price for considerably less. The crappy coupons to sweeten it are no good for international members, the $35 one was reasonable but even that's now $25. The only way things were going to change were if people voted with their wallets and didn't renew but a lot of people myself included have already caved and renewed. If it had been the McYoda a I don't think as many would have renewed.

The whole thing seems rushed to cash in on the SDCC exclusive, they could have at least kept our membership going until we received our gifts we paid for 15 months ago.

Reaction score
I'd like to think DST are going to be better than GG but the PGM is already a black mark for me. If two gifts wasn't financially viable, fine but don't then charge the same price for considerably less. The crappy coupons to sweeten it are no good for international members, the $35 one was reasonable but even that's now $25. The only way things were going to change were if people voted with their wallets and didn't renew but a lot of people myself included have already caved and renewed. If it had been the McYoda a I don't think as many would have renewed.

The whole thing seems rushed to cash in on the SDCC exclusive, they could have at least kept our membership going until we received our gifts we paid for 15 months ago.

You do have a point there.

Reaction score

They could have allowed 2018 members to order the SDCC exclusive without renewing, at least until the end of SDCC. It's two different companies we're dealing with at this point. Those of us who are 2018 PGMs are still dealing with GG/3DS while those of us renewing or signing up for the 2019 PGM are dealing with DST. It's not really DST's fault that we haven't received last years gifts, but it is their fault we're having to pay $150 for one "gift" if we choose to.

Reaction score
They could have allowed 2018 members to order the SDCC exclusive without renewing, at least until the end of SDCC. It's two different companies we're dealing with at this point. Those of us who are 2018 PGMs are still dealing with GG/3DS while those of us renewing or signing up for the 2019 PGM are dealing with DST. It's not really DST's fault that we haven't received last years gifts, but it is their fault we're having to pay $150 for one "gift" if we choose to.
I agree. That's why in another thread, before knowing how the membership was going to be, I asked Chuck if we were going to be allowed to purchase the Sandtrooper using last year's membership. Unfortunately things were already set in motion for this exclusive to be part of the new PGM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. That's why in another thread, before knowing how the membership was going to be, I asked Chuck if we were going to be allowed to purchase the Sandtrooper using last year's membership. Unfortunately things were already in place for this exclusive to be part of the new PGM.
Yeah, it is what it is. I renewed my PGM with eyes wide open, so you won't find me complaining too much about what I'm getting. Obviously we all want the most bang for our buck, ultimately we have to decide if its worth it to us or not to renew. I'm going to be watching closely to see if these sell out, or are still available after SDCC. If they don't sell out it's possible I may not rush to renew my PGM next year. I think the last two McQ busts have not immediately sold out so..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, it is what it is. I renewed my PGM with eyes wide open, so you won't find me complaining too much about what I'm getting. Obviously we all want the most bang for our buck, ultimately we have to decide if its worth it to us or not to renew. I'm going to be watching closely to see if these sell out, or are still available after SDCC. If they don't sell out it's possible I may not rush to renew my PGM next year. I think the last two McQ busts have not immediately sold out so..
That's it. It is what it is, and we have to deal with it. It is also possible that due to taking out one of the gifts, no pictures of the gifts for this year and delays with last year's gifts, the PGM has been renewed by less people than expected at this point in time, hence why there could be a number of Sandtroopers available for a longer period of time, despite that even for some folks that don't care much about McQuarrie releases the Sandtrooper looks as something they consider purchasing. I'm getting a feeling that while the allotment for SDCC might sell out at the event, that might end up not being the case for the 250 set aside for the PG, and that there might be some available after the show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Completely agree with Marvelito & Julian. It is what it is sadly. I was initially fuming and wanted to cancel my membership but by the next day, I'd resigned myself to that's what the deal is take it or leave it. I wanted the Concept Sandtrooper badly so that's the price I have to pay to get it, rather that than the secondary market and I think quite a few others decided to do the same.

As an international customer, coupons are pretty pointless as they just get swallowed up on international shipping or customs charges. Also, it's not DST's fauly entirely but the fact we haven't received last years gifts is pretty poor showing.

Apart from the con exclusives, I'd like to see GG do some pieces more exclusive just for PGM members (I can't remember many off the top of my head but the Senate Guard statue and Wedge Antilles or Maz Minibust had extra pieces only exclusive to PGM members come to mind.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
So exclusives just for platinum members? Interesting idea. It would annoy a few people though.
I don’t think the price difference between gold and platinum was really justified, but like others I really wanted that Sandtrooper and future exclusives.
I also don’t value the coupons much, I normally don’t get chance to use the “in-stock” ones at all, I pre-order everything. :\

Reaction score
So exclusives just for platinum members? Interesting idea. It would annoy a few people though.
I don’t think the price difference between gold and platinum was really justified, but like others I really wanted that Sandtrooper and future exclusives.
I also don’t value the coupons much, I normally don’t get chance to use the “in-stock” ones at all, I pre-order everything. :\
Exclusives are not just for platinum. Platinum just gets first crack at it.

Reaction score
Exclusives are not just for platinum. Platinum just gets first crack at it.
Sorry guys! I think mis-worded my post (I've edited my previous post). I didn't mean just Platinum member exclusives (maybe I shouldn't have put the $150 in, my mistake) I meant more items that were exclusive to just PGM members (of all levels) i.e. Busts with different heads or add on parts over the regular release. i know they have done it in the past but as they aren't offering a 2nd gift item then they really need to make worth our while other than throwing us the odd con exclusive every now and then.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry guys! I think mis-worded my post (I've edited my previous post). I didn't mean just Platinum member exclusives (maybe I shouldn't have put the $150 in, my mistake) I meant more items that were exclusive to just PGM members (of all levels) i.e. Busts with different heads or add on parts over the regular release. i know they have done it in the past but as they aren't offering a 2nd gift item then they really need to make worth our while other than throwing us the odd con exclusive every now and then.
The PGM variants are always welcome.
I still feel like the platinum membership is lacking something.

Reaction score
Still no pics? I'll have to be careful they don't sign me back up without telling me.

Reaction score
The first bust of Tarkin is near perfection and if you missed out you can pick one up on ebay for $50-70 shipped. This release is pointless.

Reaction score
When can we expect our PGM 2018 gifts ?
You probably missed it, but Chuck gave an answer to this earlier this month. I'll re-post it here for you ...

That's pretty tricky. Once the factory has everything done and Lucas approves the final product, our QC team goes to the factory and does as complete a QC review as possible. Then factory does any re-dos that are dictated. Then after final QC, they are loaded on a boat. That takes about 28 days, then customs and warehouse. All that can create many variables we can't control. Once they are on the boat , we can get pretty close to giving a tighter range..like Late Aug/ early Sept. I will try and make a point of giving those updates- as long as the data is relayed to me from the freight company. If you have not updated your shipping option of CC please do so to avoid delays on that end...
Sorry for all the detail instead of a quick simple answer but I think you are entitled to the details, if you are interested in them...

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's not even any concept art of these floating around yet?
No pictures at all, Ben. Last time we heard about Ponda Baba was early last month when we were told they were working on the concept art, and looking for Lucas' approval. Only "fist happy" Tarkin has been seen. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
No pictures at all, Ben. Last time we heard about Ponda Baba was early last month when we were told they were working on the concept art, and looking for Lucas' approval. Only "fist happy" Tarkin has been seen. :)
When I posted that I assumed that they showed concept art for all 3 new PGM gifts, but it was just Tarkin it seems.

The wait continues :/

Reaction score
I hope the long wait means they are working on a really awesome design for Ponda Baba with interchangeable arms. That'd be great. Then for the following year as a PG gift, a Dr. Evazan as a follow up. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd love to see it with the two different types of hands and the severed arm.
Hopefully that will be the case. They did the two types of hands for the statue, thus it seems possible that could be passed on to the mini bust. Although, to be honest, I've always wondered how Mr. Baba puts on his jacket with those flipper hands. It sees the sleeves wouldn't go through :) The severed arm would be nice, yes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still waiting on the 2018 PGM gifts so I can't get excited for 2019 designs.

Reaction score
Still waiting on the 2018 PGM gifts so I can't get excited for 2019 designs.
Just look at it from a positive angle. The wait now is shorter than when it first started. They said in March they would be released during the third quarter of this year. Well, five months have passed since then, so we are now less than two months away from their scheduled arrival. (Of course, just as long as that arrival date is correct.) :)

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Members must join by September 1st 2019; pre-order their free gift choice as well as any additional 2019 PGM gifts in order to be guaranteed the gift of their choice and early 2020 release.”[/FONT]

Reaction score
Members must join by September 1st 2019; pre-order their free gift choice as well as any additional 2019 PGM gifts in order to be guaranteed the gift of their choice and early 2020 release.”
I wouldn't be surprised if that date gets pushed back given that we haven't even seen gift concept art yet (w/the exception of Tarkin).