2019 PGM

Reaction score
The 2019 Premier Guild will keep the tiered subscription-based structure from previous years so you can choose the right type of subscription for how you collect! We know not every person collects the same way or the same things, so we wanted to offer options for different collectors. We’ve modified the benefits for 2019 to be more practical and upfront, including more discounts at all tier levels!
If you are a Premier Guild member just to get the con exclusives, we have a level for you, if you want your membership to be close to what it has been in the past we have a level for you, if you are a hardcore Gentle Giant Ltd fan and want some super rare items we have a membership level ready for you, too!
As the first year under Diamond Select Toys, we want to recognize how the Premier Guild has been handled in the past: so at each tier, we’ve doubled the number of discount coupons available for any item at the Platinum and Gold tiers. We’ve also added an additional discount coupon for in-stock products at all tiers.
In addition, as a Premier Guild member you’ll have early access to exclusive, limited-run product that we create specifically as convention exclusives!

Do we still get discounts?
YES! We’ve doubled the number of discount coupons at the Platinum and Gold Tiers and added an additional discount coupon for all three tiers. Plus, the higher the tier you join, the better the discounts you get! Each tier of membership will receive some percentage off all their orders of non-exclusive/regular release products placed directly through the Gentle Giant Website. See the breakdown below.

1. Platinum Members will have an option to choose from 4 different Premier Guild exclusives as their "FREE GIFT":
    • Ponda Baba Mini-Bust (Gold & Platinum)
    • Grand Moff Tarkin Mini-Bust (Gold & Platinum)
    • Clone Rain Trooper Statue (Platinum level only)
    • Removable Limbs C-3PO Jumbo Figure (Gold & Platinum)

1. For the 2019-2020 PGM subscription, we’re offering a new set of coupons for Platinum members:
    • $150 Platinum Membership, Coupon Value is $80
      • 2 x $15 Coupons for ANY item
      • 2 x $25 Coupon for In-Stock Order

I am a little disappointed. The price is the same but it looks like you can get only 1 bust, in 2018 you could get 2 busts or the 1 statue. You do get more coupon's but the big $ are for in stock only. Not sure if I will renew.

Reaction score
No renewal for me. $150 was a great deal for the two busts, but there’s no way I’ll pay $150 for 1 bust or pay $100 for 1 bust and end up in a lower tier plan with less chance at the exclusives. I don’t think this revised PGM was well-conceived.

Reaction score
I renewed without realising. I've e-mailed GG/DST to try and get a refund. I wouldn't have renewed if I knew it was only one gift.

Reaction score
Yeah. We've been discussing this above in the Gg back in business area. But it's all good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Email them and complain. I did. Let's see if they respond

Reaction score
Email them and complain. I did. Let's see if they respond
i’ve also e-mailed them to complain. Couldn’t see what was wrong with the current system of a choice of either two MB’s, a statue or a jumbo.

Reaction score
Just emailed them, loved the two mini busts option.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly. I just want the two “free” mini busts as a gift option for Platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You have to hope just the 1 mini bust for platinum is an error or what's the point, you'd go for gold if anything.

Also are we supposed to sign up with no idea what any of the gifts look like?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I renewed at $150, but if it’s not worth it at year’s end then I’ll rethink about renewing for 2020-2021.

But yeah, not happy with the one free gift either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As I said in the Q & A area: I read the membership details, and figured there would be this kind of reaction. I will be renewing anyway because of the exclusives I want to get mainly, but I can understand the issue with one less gift while still paying the same for the PGM. That said, I really don't know how GG did it last year. Maybe they couldn't and that's also part of how DST entered the picture.

Reaction score
Here's the response I just got.

Hi Hank,

We thank you for contacting us and about the 2019 Premier Guild Membership, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us!

I’m sorry to report that the information shared is correct. We designed this year’s program to provide all Premier Guild Members with more discounts and options.

With the introduction of the VIP Program, now every Customer and Premier Guild Member will have the opportunity to how many increase the amount of Reward Points you earn.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

----
Sincerely,
Richard Martinez

Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles

Hide quoted text

Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 2:13 PM
To: DST Customer Service <customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com>
Subject: Gentle Giant Premier Guild Membership renewal for 2019/2020

Hello , I just saw your announcement about the new 2019/2020 Premiere Guild Membership. Myself and other members over at Rebelscum we’re hoping that the breakdown of the Platinum tier membership benefits are mistaken. The choice for the “free” gifts has always been as follows for the Platinum tier : choice of (2) free mini busts , or (1) bust and (1) Jumbo figure , or (1) statue. We appreciate the added coupons , but they wouldn’t make up for the missing 2nd mini bust as a free gift. Was this a mistake ? Or is this the actual intentional plan for the Platinum tier ? If we only get one mini bust as a free gift this time , it’s not even worth joining the Platinum tier. I’m hoping this was an oversight. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

H. Slaght ( ATATDRIVER )

Reaction score
So they apparantly feel that extra coupons and VIP points make up for only giving us one bust for $150. plus shipping instead of 2. LOL. The coupons are a joke because they only give you $30. worth that are good for anything. And another $50. that is only good for in stock items that can be bought for less somewhere else anyway.

Reaction score
These benefits are a step down from previous years. Disappointing. As of now I won't be signing up for any of the tiers as I'm not interested in anything they've announced. I'll be very interested to see how the final Tarkin 2 bust comes out...good luck topping the first one, DST. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yes. With the original Tarkin having such great sculpt and pose, I'm wondering myself what pose will be given to this new one, and how good a resemblance to the actor/character it will have.

Reaction score
Yup. This one came out of the left field. I would have never thought in a million years a new sculpt of Tarkin as a mini bust was being done. To be honest, I'll get it but I'm not too excited about it. I'll probably would have been much more interested if it would have been a 1/6 scale statue of his.

Reaction score
I can see why he would be out of left field. We wanted to do a cool OT character that was not totally main stream or fan requested secondary character and I think we have a great sculpt... this does NOT mean we're not going to do other high demand characters or even secondary characters in the line. Hopefully he has his fans and they like what we have done.
Pics as soon as Lucas approval is complete.

Reaction score
I'll definitely be passing this time. The exclusives don't seem particularly attractive to me, and the change to the platinum tier makes something that was kind of borderline for me into a definite pass.

Reaction score
I can see why he would be out of left field. We wanted to do a cool OT character that was not totally main stream or fan requested secondary character andI think we have a great sculpt... this does NOT mean we're not going to do other high demand characters or even secondary characters in the line. Hopefully he has his fans and they like what we have done.
Pics as soon as Lucas approval is complete.
Looking forward to see it. I don't mind having another Tarkin. I like the character and even have the Premium Format 1/4 scale from a rival company. But it was indeed surprising. Something , personally, I wasn't expecting. Considering it is an OT character, well, I'll be buying him for sure. I know you folks will tackle requested characters as well. I have a good feeling about this. I/we would like to see those pics as soon as you get approval from Lucas, Chuck.Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So it pretty comes down to whether you want the Clone Rain Trooper Statue or not. Will we see pics of the PG exclusives BEFORE the SDCC exclusive goes up for preorder?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of course we will do other fan requested characters- I think the first official act we took when we had the Ok from Lucas was the Cantina fan poll!
I am sorry we will not have product pics in time but we do hope to have art before SDCC - we're trying!

Reaction score
Of course we will do other fan requested characters- I think the first official act we took when we had the Ok from Lucas was the Cantina fan poll!
I am sorry we will not have product pics in time but we do hope to have art before SDCC - we're trying!
Aliens, aliens! Plenty of those in the Cantina and Jabba's Palace to be made. You folks tackle those, I'll be a customer for life :). It was indeed great to see a list with the Cantina patrons, and finally see Ponda Boba being made.

Speaking of Ponda Baba. Do you know if the mini bust will be a deluxe one with removable arm? Thanks!

Reaction score
Aliens, aliens! Plenty of those in the Cantina and Jabba's Palace to be made. You folks tackle those, I'll be a customer for life :). It was indeed great to see a list with the Cantina patrons, and finally see Ponda Boba being made.

Speaking of Ponda Baba. Do you know if the mini bust will be a deluxe one with removable arm? Thanks!

Artist is doing the design now and Lucas has not seen it so I can't comment but......

Reaction score
Tarkin, I’m putting him with the Rouge One busts...

I hope the do overs stop though. I don’t need two of the same character and the old ones are readily available most of the time if you’re patient.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed in the changes to the premiere guild. $150 is simply too much money for 1 bust especially when none of the busts have images of how they will look. The McQuarrie Sandtrooper is not enticing enough to worry about trying to get before everyone else. And the announced guild exclusives of a re-release Tarkin and *FINALLY* another classic alien are just not worth it. I'll try my luck when the leftovers are made available to the general public at a more reasonable price.

Also, how the hell has there STILL not been made any busts of the classic 3 characters in their new older roles!?! Two Tarkins now... two Return of the Jedi Lukes... 5 Darth Vaders... two emperors... two ANH Obi-Wans...

Reaction score
Tarkin, I’m putting him with the Rouge One busts...

I hope the do overs stop though. I don’t need two of the same character and the old ones are readily available most of the time if you’re patient.
Yeah I’m not a big fan of all these repeats recently (Luke Jedi Knight again! Obi-Wan ep4 again!), I personally hope it stops.
I can only presume it’s to entice new collectors to this line who missed out first time.
Good idea putting Tarkin with Rogue One, I’m totally stealing it! That shelf needs some additions.

Reaction score
It would be handy to know what scale the Clone Rain Trooper statue is? Hope the Tarkin bust is based on the Rogue One Tarkin as I think the original is pretty hard to beat (and still one of my personal favourites).

Seems the McQuarrie might be easier to pick up now for Platinums looking at the amount of collectors saying they aren’t renewing at this time. I see there’s a $80 voucher for platinums, wonder if I can use it towards the Solo Chewbacca statue as haven’t pre-ordered it yet.

Reaction score
It would be handy to know what scale the Clone Rain Trooper statue is? Hope the Tarkin bust is based on the Rogue One Tarkin as I think the original is pretty hard to beat (and still one of my personal favourites).

Seems the McQuarrie might be easier to pick up now for Platinums looking at the amount of collectors saying they aren’t renewing at this time. I see there’s a $80 voucher for platinums, wonder if I can use it towards the Solo Chewbacca statue as haven’t pre-ordered it yet.
The vouchers TOTAL $80

1. For the 2019-2020 PGM subscription, we’re offering a new set of coupons for Platinum members:

Reaction score
The vouchers TOTAL $80

Right! Got it! That’s a pretty crummy deal in anyone’s book. Do away with the minibust option but give you 2 extra vouchers.

Reaction score
So it pretty comes down to whether you want the Clone Rain Trooper Statue or not.
If its 1/6 scale then I'll probably go for that as I own the other two Clonetrooper statues. It'll no doubt, be one of those awful Collectors Gallery statues though.

Reaction score
I'll wait to see the concept art prior to ordering anything. The original Tarkin bust is one of my favourites as well, and if the new one can come close, I'd join for him.

Hope Ponda Boba turns out well for those that want him, as well (and the other items for those that want them).

Reaction score
Ponda Baba Mini-Bust (Gold & Platinum)
Grand Moff Tarkin Mini-Bust (Gold & Platinum)
Clone Rain Trooper Statue (Platinum level only)
Removable Limbs C-3PO Jumbo Figure (Gold & Platinum)

WHAT IS A "CLONE RAIN TROOPER"?
How do I not know what this is or what he looks like.
Is the statue 1/8th or 1/6th?
Will C3PO come with the black bag for Chewy to wear on his back?
These are important questions that need to be answered before I decide Gold or Platinum.

Reaction score
I plan on signing back up for the PGM at the Platinum level. I am disappointed that we don't get two gifts, but I will definitely use the $80 in coupons throughout the year. Not to mention, getting 15% off is worth it to me so that I order direct, which I typically don't unless it's an exclusive. The way I justify the cost of the PGM is that the new busts seem to be going for $100. The odds are pretty good every year that I'll want at least one of the "gifts", so I'd be spending that $100 anyway. Taking that into account, the PGM ends up costing $50 a year. Then when you add in the $80 in coupons which I know I will use, plus the 15% discount on direct purchases, it's worth it to me. Lastly, for me one of the main selling points is the tiered ordering of exclusives. It's been a while since the days of having to "camp out" at the keyboard waiting for a chance to snag an exclusive. I think the tiered ordering is part of the reason that doesn't happen anymore. For me it's like insurance in getting exclusives. It doesn't guarantee you'll get one, but it increases your chances. Anyway, these are my reasons for signing up again. I'll be honest though, if I didn't like any of the "gifts" I'd really have to think long and hard about signing up again. I will also say to DST, two busts for the Platinum level would be a no-brainer, even if you dropped the coupons. Something to think about for next year.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a contact number for Diamond Select? I re up'd for the Platinum Membership and my $15 off coupon says it expired on 6/30/2018! I tried calling the GG customer service number I had but they couldn't help me.