Haha! Yeah. It's a finger fetish. Just wait until they start using the middle one! LOL. Hopefully they will rework the sculpt. He needs to be a little more slender, his beard shouldn't flare out so much, the top of his head should not be so high up, also the overall size of the head needs to be a little bigger, and that pointy finger should be changed for a different arm pose. But if it is at all like "Pointy Tarkin", Walrus Man will stay the same. LOLAre the gifts having a theme now, this year's being pointy fingers.
I really wanted this as my gift but I my initial reaction was WTF, i don't like personally but don't like pointy finger clenched fist Tarkin either.
Wow, now that you show that photo it is more than a bit off, that's a complete redesign of the character's facial structure!What's with that straight brow line?!? Way off!
As a reminder, this is what Baba looks like:
The statue was a way better representation of the character.
Let's hope that concept art gets changed. BTW, where did the image come from?
There's a continuity error in ANH...Baba has fin hands when attached but when Ben slices his arm off and we see the close up of the severed arm, it's a furry five digit hand. That's why they included two sets of hands for the statue.I’m confused. Those hands are all wrong, and why is he pointing when in the movie he didn’t even have fingers unless they were hidden in those fin / nub things where his hands go.
Huh.. never realized that. All these years later and I'm still learning something new...I prefer the weird mitts, the fingers look dumb and that's how I've always remembered him.There's a continuity error in ANH...Baba has fin hands when attached but when Ben slices his arm off and we see the close up of the severed arm, it's a furry five digit hand. That's why they included two sets of hands for the statue.
In all the years and all the times I watched this movie, never once caught that. Huh, pretty cool actually. Thanks for breaking that scene down!Here is the order of events, undeniable, backed up by screenshots:
- Walrus Guy has Flipper Hands
- Freaky Nose has normal human hands
- Walrus Guy is wearing and orange flight jacket
- Freaky Nose is wearing a long sleeve tan shirt and brown vest
- Walrus Guy shoves Luke on the shoulder with his flipper hand and grunts at him
- Luke turns back around
- Freaky Nose taps Luke on the shoulder with his human hand and informs him that Walrus Guy doesn't like him and that he had better watch himself, blah blah, blah...
- Obi Wan intervenes and tells Freaky Nose that Luke isn't worth the trouble and offers to get him something from the bar
- Freaky Nose freaks out and shoves Luke sending him crashing into tables
- As Luke is crashing into a table, Freaky Nose starts to draw his blaster (easily seen when viewed frame by frame)
- Obi Wan reaches for his lightsaber
- The bartender freaks and screams "no blasters...no blasters!!"
- Freaky Nose raises his blaster up to shoot (Walrus guy is behind and Freaky Nose is in front of him and the arm raising up is clearly human with a tan shirt and brown vest)
- Obi Wan swings his lightsaber
- Freaky Nose stumbles backward
- There is blurry chaos of stumbling and falling
- A severed arm is shown on the floor, with a dropped blaster, in an orange flight jacket with a hairy, ape-like hand
First, it IS Freaky Nose that is raising up the blaster. Walrus guy is behind him and it may look like it is Walrus guy but in the Bluray it is very clear. There is also the evidence that the arm that is raising up has (1) a human hand and (2) a long sleeve tan shirt. Second, even if you explained that Obi Wan "missed"and accidentally chopped off Walrus Guy's arm, there are a few problems. (1) Walrus Guy had flipper hands and the severed arm doesn't and (2) Walrus guy wasn't holding a blaster and the severed arm was. Also, as Freaky nose is falling backward, it is clear he still has both arms.
The lightsaber is already swung, so Obi Wan couldn't have cut off Walrus Guy's arm. This is simply a giant mistake.
True story, I was in college at the time of the Special Editions and went to Taco Bell so much for the toys I got a stalker LOL. A young lady who worked there and I guess took a shining to my Gordita. Were those toys worth a creepy yet semi hot stalker? Totally.I'll take one but no spicy sauce. I don't like spicy LOL