2017 Finds

Reaction score
I'm having serious trouble finding Revan. It's quite puzzling how only (so far to my knowledge) Gamestop stores have been getting this wave. I'm wondering why Walmart, Target, Meijer etc. haven't received it yet.

Reaction score
It's called the "last wave" syndrome. It happens with the last scheduled wave of a calendar year. Retail purchases most of their product in August & September for Christmas season. From January through mid March, they liquidate anything left over and start fresh with wave 1 of the new year, often overstocking that first wave. As a result, the last wave of the year, which would have been purchased in October for December - February stocking, and is often loaded with the best or most anticipated figures, is never seen at the major retailers like Walmart, Target, or Toys R Us. It can sometimes be found at secondary retailers like Ross, TJ Maxx, & Marshalls in March / April. This has happened with Star Wars and Transformers every year for the past decade. So if I want anything from the last wave of the year, I always buy it online as soon as it becomes available. This is exactly what has happened with the Revan 6" wave.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It quieted down a lot when the "factions" got banned or left for Facebook... Like we did with the CTF. I don't post due to collection habit changes myself...

Reaction score
It quieted down a lot when the "factions" got banned or left for Facebook... Like we did with the CTF. I don't post due to collection habit changes myself...

Factions? like Factions for collecting modern SW?

Reaction score
Hasbrotoyshop sale promo through July 4: JULYSAVE17 for 20% off. Spend over $49 and get free shipping. They still have 6 inch Lando and Qui Gon for $16 each. Also bought some 6 inch FO Stromtroopers for $8 each, $4.50 Ahsoka/Vader 2 pack, $5.99 FO Black trooper & Speeder bike, and 3.75 inch Lt. Sefla to get over $49.

Reaction score
Saw the BB8 playset and the resistance speeder at Walmart this morning. Cutting back so I didn't try to buy either, but stuff is leaking out.

JVM

Reaction score
Anyone know a good place in the Chicago area to find R1 wave 3 / wave 4 stuff? Wouldn't mind being pointed to TLJ stuff, but I don't mind waiting for that as much - but I'd like to buy some of the R1 stuff without resorting to online sale. Thanks.

(Yes, I logged in again just to ask this...)

Last edited:

JVM

Reaction score
So, here's an odd report. Walmart-wise, we're still fully backed up with Han/Leia/Phasma around my suburb (dozens of the first two) but a single TLJ TBS Rose showed up. As always, Walmart people weren't too eager to check on stockers in back, so I grabbed it, though I'd rather had any of the other three. No sign of her casemates. Everywhere else is in full TLJ mode with a handful of old Astys or misc. R1 wave 1 figures.

I've still barely seen anything from R1 past the first wave in the wild, so any tips related to R1 wave 3/4 stuff or anything TBS based Han/Leia/Phasma would be nice.

Reaction score
So, here's an odd report. Walmart-wise, we're still fully backed up with Han/Leia/Phasma around my suburb (dozens of the first two) but a single TLJ TBS Rose showed up. As always, Walmart people weren't too eager to check on stockers in back, so I grabbed it, though I'd rather had any of the other three. No sign of her casemates. Everywhere else is in full TLJ mode with a handful of old Astys or misc. R1 wave 1 figures.

I've still barely seen anything from R1 past the first wave in the wild, so any tips related to R1 wave 3/4 stuff or anything TBS based Han/Leia/Phasma would be nice.
I found some of the new Walmart Black series in the NW suburbs. Each store is getting 1 case (12 figures; 3 of each). 1 and done for now. The outer box reads that they are not to put them on the floor until Nov. 1, but reports are that about 50% of Walmarts are putting them out anyway.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Reaction score
mine are part of the 50% that aren't putting them out
but thanks to wedge I got 3 of the 4