2015 Finds

Reaction score
Was it worth going?
I've been put off by the $9 admission price. Ah the good old days of $6 & below.

Reaction score
Several Targets had a 6" Commander Cody or two, but only found Boushh and IG88 at one (Dekalb).

Reaction score
I was at Meijer....

nothing for the Black Series, in fact everything SW looks like its being cleared out, they had some 6 in Han Solos marked down but beat to death, some TVC card thats been there for ages...I had seen Black Series Biker Scout and Jabba set but those are long gone... really not much cooking at Meijer wonder if they are going to re-stock or just giving up on Star Wars...

Reaction score
Wow...amazing how this thread, once so busy and popular, has dried up and died.

News update: Many WalMarts have now lowered their 6 inch Black Series to $9 each. Got a bunch of Hans.

Reaction score
Saw a black series Dak Ralter at the Walmart in Countryside. Heard all the rumors about people finding Episode 7 figures, so I went to 3 different Wal-marts in the area and nothing but one lonely black series figure.

Also, is there anyone from here who is going to Wizard World this year? It's been a while since I seriously collected (30th Anniversary figures) and I was thinking it might be nice to have a few friends in the area who are also hunters!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow...amazing how this thread, once so busy and popular, has dried up and died.

News update: Many WalMarts have now lowered their 6 inch Black Series to $9 each. Got a bunch of Hans.
Once TVC disappeared I pretty much have hung up getting modern SW or even bother to look at whats in the store.

I have been into Walgreens as a shopper and randomly look there, nothing but the same ole 6 inch BS, Tie Fighter guy, yoda, clone trooper... no one is buying these. Meijer last I saw was closing out everything, was pathetic to see a TVC ROTS figure, forget which one, STILL there... talk about a bust on those... some Hans in 6 inch,,,,

I dunno, miss hunting TVC....

Reaction score
So I been going to Walgreens, many of them in Kane, Dupage counties in my travels, and I mean the selection for Star Wars is poor. For starters, and I am in these stores several times a week, the same ones, and its the same star wars 6 in figures, I forget what else and no other figures. I been probably to 4 different stores on a weekly basis, in complete opposite areas.

Reaction score
Anyone out there buying Force Awakens 3.75 action figures? Target has had slim pickings depending on what day of the week one checks. Kohls seemed to have at least a few inventoried, perhaps mainly cause their SW displays are scattered around the store like an Easter Egg Hunt. I also got lucky stopping into an Orland Park Walgreens and an employee there was yet to stock a couple figures at a discount of buy one get the second one half price. Visited 3 other Walgreens and when asked about figures the employees seemed baffled.

Reaction score
Anyone out there buying Force Awakens 3.75 action figures? Target has had slim pickings depending on what day of the week one checks. Kohls seemed to have at least a few inventoried, perhaps mainly cause their SW displays are scattered around the store like an Easter Egg Hunt. I also got lucky stopping into an Orland Park Walgreens and an employee there was yet to stock a couple figures at a discount of buy one get the second one half price. Visited 3 other Walgreens and when asked about figures the employees seemed baffled.
Was surprised to see a Walgreens employee stocking the toy aisle and she put out exactly two 3.75 inch TFA 5POA figures while I was standing there - just two. Maybe they are taking a page from Target's Black series policy of dividing up a case at central and shipping only two per store.

Reaction score
Today several Target stores got their deliveries without receiving 3.75 figures. A Target employee told me she thinks they are just backlogged and will hit all at once. Crazy how retail stores are offering discounts on these figures when the demand dictates full price would be acceptable. Kohls has a couple online but wants 10.00 shipping, I'll check their stores this weekend.

Reaction score
Was surprised to see a Walgreens employee stocking the toy aisle and she put out exactly two 3.75 inch TFA 5POA figures while I was standing there - just two. Maybe they are taking a page from Target's Black series policy of dividing up a case at central and shipping only two per store.
That's what they always do. They share cases between stores.

Reaction score
Didn't stop at Kohl's this weekend, but I stopped at Walgreens, found Captain Phasma although with a crease in the card.
I bought it in hopes of a one for one FA trade. I posted in the trading section but if anyone from Chicagoland wants to trade specifically
let me know you're from Chicagoland seeing as we are having a hard time finding 3.75 figures here!

Reaction score
Visited Orland Park Kohls this morning, they're stocked with numerous Wave 1 no Phasma or KR but plenty Darth Vaders, Stormtroopers, Reys, etc.
That's the most I seen on display yet.
Most Targets in the SW Burbs get their trucks on Fridays so will check there later this week.

Reaction score
Finally found Kylo Ren 3.75 at a Walgreens that had the most figures I seen yet at least 20 to 30 figures at the end of an aisle.
4th quarter begins in October for Hasbro earnings, perhaps we will now see these figures flood the market.

Reaction score
Been passing through various Walgreens, today I noticed one store replenished with two sets of the FUnko Pops..... found Wave 1 of the six inch in one store... another had the die cast hot wheels X wing and TIE fighter...

others have nothing yet... or if they do, they still have old stock of the Black Series, boxes just being around from rack to rack....

Reaction score
Walgreens continues to have a wide and varied selection of SW toys. They are carrying the Hot Wheels die casts, the black series Titanium... the 6 inch line, the shampoo bottles, HotWheels playsets, 3 3/4 figures, Micromachines, Legos, light sabers, I mean I can go on and on about how much Walgreens is stuffing in their small toy aisle. Also make sure when you go there to check the overhead racks, I am finding next to the toy aisle the over head racks supplied with new SW toys... and if you are looking for the Funko Pop! for SW, they got them also!

Reaction score
I still can't find the Black Series Wave 2 anywhere and that is what I'm looking for. Been checking Gamestops, Walmarts, Targets, and Walgreens in the South Suburbs. Most only have Finn and Chewie if anything at all.

Reaction score
Yea Walgreens around here, as an example, hasnt stocked new 6 inch Black Series... at the one store where I first found the new TFA figures, now one store has the unsold Finn and Chewie.

I havent checked any where else, tho now the Walgreens are getting new stock of the Titanium series of ships, and I was told truck deliveries are on friday.

I have not checked tho Meijer, Target, Wally world etc...

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck with the Disney Store exclusive Die Cast vehicles? Had to order Poe's online, and still can't find the Resistance one anywhere.

Reaction score
Can I assume this is the vetting ground for the gnostic intelligence?

Reaction score
Found Kylo Ren KMart exclusive today. Plenty on the 4 sided aisle shelf. It was the KMart in Norridge? Across the street from Harlem Irving Plaza. NOw if a Walmart in the the area would get the Shocktrooper I would be caught up...

Reaction score
I stopped at Meijer, it was stripped clean, I guess they had a recent sale. Been to some Walgreen and nada. Still, it does seem like retailers are pushing star wars hard. As an example, I have been to many chicago land walgreens and have found a lot of dedicated end caps to the recent Star Wars film with Funko Pops and Black Series 6 inch figures with tons of other star wars toys that I didnt really look into.