2015 Columbus Toy & Collectible Show

Reaction score
Hi all! Even though I live in Lexington, Ohio is so close by that I thought I'd start threads concerning a couple of upcoming shows in your state.

Columbus Toy & Collectible Show
by CTS Promotions

Saturday, September 12th, 9 AM to 5 PM
and
Sunday, September 13th, 9 AM to 3 PM

located at the Ohio Expo Center
717 East 17th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43211

General admission is $5, and early bird (buyer) admission is at 8 AM for $8. If you go to the bottom of their home page, you can print off a little flyer for $0.50 off at the door. That may not be much, but it's 50 more cents to spend on toys. :)

So, who will be going? Any RS vendors planning on attending?

Reaction score
For those of you who do plan on going, I will be attending on Sunday (as I work Saturdays) and would be happy to meet anybody from RS in person just to say "hi" and shake their hand. Or, even buy or trade something. I'm always on the look-out for anything Clone Wars - animated or CGI - in any scale or by any company. Post on this thread to LMK!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm going to try and go down in September. If I do, I'll most likely go Saturday, as I'm sure most of the good stuff will be gone by Sunday.
I went to the show back in the spring and was able to fill some holes pretty cheaply, as well as unload a bunch of stuff I no longer wanted.
It was a good time. Spent about three hours there.

So you're aware, we also have this thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1093242-7/
Might be a better place to discuss something like this.

Reaction score
Thank you, yes, I was already aware of that thread (before creating mine). But, I wanted to establish individual, brand-new threads for each convention when you click on the Ohio portion of the boards. Plus, the last comment made on that OH toy shows and events thread was back in April; I wanted these at the forefront.

I'm sure there will be some stuff left over on Sunday, and I have no choice as to what day I go.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have no choice as to what day I go.
That's too bad, I always like meeting up with forum people and putting a name with a face.
Btw...I still plan on listing a bunch of CW stuff in the near future. I know some people have been waiting for me to do it, but it's all in storage at a relative's house. Once I get over there and get my hands on it, I plan on going through and listing some things.

Reaction score
That's too bad, I always like meeting up with forum people and putting a name with a face.
Btw...I still plan on listing a bunch of CW stuff in the near future. I know some people have been waiting for me to do it, but it's all in storage at a relative's house. Once I get over there and get my hands on it, I plan on going through and listing some things.
Keep me in mind. I can provide you with a list of the figures I'm still looking for if you are interested. Cheers!

Reaction score
Shoot me a PM.
Might take me a few days to get around to, but I should be able to compile something in the latter half of this week. I'm mainly looking for loose figures but will most certainly consider carded if they are in good shape and a decent price. :)

Reaction score
No problem. Send it when you can. I'm keeping the phase two and a bunch of ranked clones (Rex, Bly, etc.), but I have lots of other clones, Jedi, maybe some bounty hunters, mini-rigs from deluxe packs, baddies, etc...

Reaction score
Life got in my way (well, more of a lack of cash flow, to be quite honest), so I wasn't able to attend. As Dave asked: how was it for those who went? Also, Jim, my apologies for never getting a list to you; my brain matter has been turned to absolute mush lately.

However, I fully intend to make the Cincy show. Cash or no cash. A dear friend (501st member) and I have committed to go. We went together last year and had a blast. Plus, if he doesn't show up, he's in trouble. :disgusted:

What were some highlights? Did anybody get anything special, super cool, or a grail item? Did any of y'all (I can say that; I was born in TN) get to meet in person? Share with us (pics too)!

Reaction score
How was the show?
I thought it was rather horrible this time around.
The crowd was very light Saturday morning (which wasn't bad) but the vendor turn out didn't seem too good. There were a few empty tables where the vendor didn't show up, and there were a couple that had stuff on them but it was all covered and no one was manning the booth. Not as much new Star Wars stuff as I was expecting though, Not one 6" Phasma anywhere, and some guy was trying to sell the other new 6" figures for up to $40.
Also, it looked like the gaming expo that was supposed to be next door was a flop, because they ended up sharing space with the toy show. That was disappointing because the promoter noted on facebook not too long ago that they would not allow that to happen. I'm guessing that the lack of interest in the gaming expo and the light toy show vendor turn out forced the expo center to make that call though.
All in all, I walked around for a few hours, got to talk to Darth Tim a bit, and got some "me time" for the day. I'd be curious to hear from Tim how Sunday was.
seemed to me, the spring show was better, but it may take some convincing for me to head down that way in 2016.

Jim, my apologies for never getting a list to you; my brain matter has been turned to absolute mush lately.
No worries, let me know when you can.

All i ended up getting was boxed POC brown Cobra HISS. I was looking for the black version, but felt that I invested too much time and money in the trip that i had to come home with something.

Reaction score
I would have to say that this was one of the worst shows so far. Saturday was fine attendance wise, but it was an extremely long day for dealers. I know that I was there at 7AM to finish setting up and stayed until about 5:30PM. I agree with BIGJIM about the dealer attendance and quality of items for sale. I don't know why someone would pay $99 per table to set-up and only show up for one day. I was able to sell a lot of my brother's collection which was awesome as he really needed the money. If this had been a one-day show I would have been completely fine with that.

Where do I start about Sunday?!?! Attendance was poor. Dealers didn't stock any additional items. Some of the dealers that didn't set-up or work their tables on Saturday were there on Sunday, but they should have stayed at home. I made one big deal on Sunday, so that made it worthwhile monetarily. Other than that I was so bored that I might have nodded off a few times!

I did hear the same comment from lots of people stating that it had the feel of a Flea Market. To be honest...I would have to agree! I'm just glad that I sold as much stuff as I did so that I can just go to future shows as a buyer and not a dealer.

It was great to see all of the familiar faces and hanging out with BIGJIM!

Reaction score
Always good to run into someone from the site.
Sorry to hear that Tim, but I'm glad you were able to sell off some stuff. Yeah, you looked a little bored every time I passed you, on all of my five or six laps.
It's too bad that the show seems to be becoming this. The spring show, which I heard a lot of people describe as slow and not as good as it usually is, was stellar as far as this one. I'll have to see what's going on with the next show and then decide if I'm going to head down. It's an eight hour commitment for me, and that's only with three of those hours spent at the show.
Hopefully its better next time.

If I see one more giant Rubbermade bin filled to the top with old, dirty, broken He-Man and WWE figures, I may hit someone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Soooo, sounds like I didn't miss much. Too bad because the last show I went to in the spring was quite nice. Hopefully things will turn around for this show.

Reaction score
Will I potentially be able to meet any of you Ohioers (ok, I just made that word up, I think) at the Cincy show?

And so sorry to hear about how much of a disappointment the Columbus show was overall.

Lastly, Dave, if I ever meet you in person, don't be too surprised if I'm a little shocked that you DON'T look like Ron Swanson.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Will I potentially be able to meet any of you Ohioers (ok, I just made that word up, I think) at the Cincy show?

And so sorry to hear about how much of a disappointment the Columbus show was overall.

Lastly, Dave, if I ever meet you in person, don't be too surprised if I'm a little shocked that you DON'T look like Ron Swanson.
Ha! I don't look like Ron at all, just a fan of the character!

Reaction score
Ha! I don't look like Ron at all, just a fan of the character!
Yes, I know you're a fan (as am I), but I associate text very closely with images, as I'm sure most people do. So, you will sort of be forever Ron Swanson in my book, no matter what you look like in person. I only wish I looked like Tammy 2! ;)

Reaction score
I associate text very closely with images
Same here, but don't expect me to look like a 501st trooper.
The real shocker was when I finally met sabersedge a few weeks ago. Didn't even know it was him. He was manning his table and I tried to sell him some extra figures he had already known about. He just paused and said "are you bigjim?" I couldn't speak. I didn't know if he was going to kill me or what. LOL. Very cool guy, and looks nothing like the Lando action figure.
It's weird when you talk to someone online for years and then randomly run into them one day.

Reaction score
Same here, but don't expect me to look like a 501st trooper.
Actually, although I know the flashing Palpatine is the status mark for Emperor on here, I tend to notice him more on your account than I do the 501st trooper, due to it being such a close shot of the helmet. So, when you don't looking like a purple lightning-infused Ian McDiarmid, I might be equally confused.

Does that mean you might journey down to Cincy? ;)

Reaction score
Anyone going on March 20th?
My kid has a soccer tournament in the morning and my nephew's birthday is in the afternoon but I may try to squeeze it in.

Reaction score
Anyone going on March 20th?
My kid has a soccer tournament in the morning and my nephew's birthday is in the afternoon but I may try to squeeze it in.
I'll be there one way or another.
I've been going through my storage and might have enough stuff that I'm willing to let go of to set-up as a dealer one more time.

Reaction score
March 20th huh? I have been wanting to go to a show recently. I will see what I can do about this!

Reaction score
Which con is this? Can somebody post a link? Thank you!

Also, for those of you who live near the KY border, LexCon is coming up next weekend and will likely be well worth the trip. If anybody plans on journeying down this way, hit me up!

Reaction score
Anyone going for sure?
I have a busy day but might make the drive, I'll just have to get out by 11 at the latest.

Reaction score
Anyone going for sure?
I have a busy day but might make the drive, I'll just have to get out by 11 at the latest.
I'll be there and setting up Saturday night, so if you PM me what you might be looking for I can scope it out for you.

Reaction score
GREAT show today! I'm glad I made the trip. Unfortunately, I had a prior commitment and could only stay for about two hours but I easily could have spent all day there if it was possible. DarthTim hooked me up with a long time want, and I was able to grab a few smaller items as well. Thanks again, Tim.
There was something for everyone. Other than some pretty outrageous prices on a lot of the same items (ahem, Black series, ahem), it was a good, BIG show. All the tables were full and they used the entire space, unlike last year's fall show.
Looking forward to next spring!